STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What up yall

I need to fix my squat. Been doing parallel before but its time to go *** to grass. I go down with the weight but i think i have tight hips

What do i do to loosen them up? And i have long legs so i always squatted really wide

But im trying to squat a little more narrow. I don't feel the way i squat blue really hits my legs like it should so im tryna fix this and get some tree trunk legs

Any tips/help is really appreciated
@JPhysique   has some great vids man. Sounds like your muscles are really tight. Try rolling em out. Its helped me alot.

Squatting tips for long legged folks?
I see all these short dudes in the gym squaring 300 and 400lbs and it makes me sad because I'm a tall glass of chocolate milk, and my legs are lacking because I got bad knees and my legs aren't as strong as I want them to be. I can't drop as low as other guys

Any tips for the tall folks trying to step their legs up?

Good look guys. One thing that got annoying was my lower back getting engaged when i squat more

I keep it straight but i gotta fix that too

Squatting tips for long legged folks?
I see all these short dudes in the gym squaring 300 and 400lbs and it makes me sad because I'm a tall glass of chocolate milk, and my legs are lacking because I got bad knees and my legs aren't as strong as I want them to be. I can't drop as low as other guys

Any tips for the tall folks trying to step their legs up?

Cant eem squat at Planet Fitness papa.

This might sound blasphemous to some....but you dont have to only squat in order to build legs.

**cue keanu gif **

This might sound blasphemous to some....but you dont have to only squat in order to build legs.

**cue keanu gif **
truth. I remember one summer when I was 12 I rode my bike all over town almost daily. My legs were HUGE. By the end of the summer I was pedaling 38mph I think. Atleast thats what the mounted speedometer said
laugh.gif

Last edited:
What up yall

I need to fix my squat. Been doing parallel before but its time to go *** to grass. I go down with the weight but i think i have tight hips

What do i do to loosen them up? And i have long legs so i always squatted really wide

But im trying to squat a little more narrow. I don't feel the way i squat blue really hits my legs like it should so im tryna fix this and get some tree trunk legs

I've been scouring the web for stretching routines, primarily for my ailing right shoulder, and I came across this video today detailing a warmup for squats and deadlifts. Try it out. There is also a great, albeit far more thorough, warmup guide by Alan Thrall on youtube. Honestly the squat tutorial by Alan Thrall is worth a watch as well. I'm a big fan.

I'm getting metabolic testing and bodpod testing Wednesday and hopefully a vo2 max reading early next week (all free through work!). Gonna try to see what I can be by Jan 1. Last vo2 reading late 2014 was 54. Would like to get into the high 50s somehow.

Long legs can make squatting tougher but two things usually help:

1. Box Squat for technique and strength

2. Front squat in a higher rep range (like 8-10) for hypertrophy.

Box squats, when done correctly can clean up a ton of squatting issues but you still want to build and strengthen your legs so adding in Front squats after will help bridge the gap until you get comfortable squatting to depth without the box.

Brown rice noodles

Chicken Italian sausage

Organic tomatoes, onions, parsley, basil, garlic

The wash down

Happy growing bros.

What up yall

Whats up brotha! Get these warmups/soft tissue work/mobility and your hips will be less itch and more mobile. Try it out and let me know how it works. Also got videos on anterior pelvic tilt and how to correct that imbalance.

Opening up the hips

Foam rolling

Dynamic warm up

@JPhysique   has some great vids man. Sounds like your muscles are really tight. Try rolling em out. Its helped me alot.
Thanks for the support brotha means a lot! 

Last edited:
I also got the white roms the other day. to my surprise they have the shorter straps and shorter laces/ very cool.

also thanks dude for the belt suggestion!

oh gym nuisances...

my biggest ones are bad breathing (resort to grunting...mostly old dudes who do this)
nomadic gym-wide circuits, with dudes using a bench way over there and the squat rack way in here, and not letting people work in and ****

don't really pay any mind to the rest of stuff. but I guess my questions for some of you is, if I ask how many more sets you have left, and I've already done the rest of my stuff and you have one set left, i'm not allowed to kinda just chill around the rack?

if I leave i'm sure i'll lose my "spot in line" so I think it should be alright to wait around and ****. I thought that was cool to do.

Last edited:
I also got the white roms the other day. to my surprise they have the shorter straps and shorter laces/ very cool.

also thanks dude for the belt suggestion!

oh gym nuisances...

my biggest ones are bad breathing (resort to grunting...mostly old dudes who do this)
nomadic gym-wide circuits, with dudes using a bench way over there and the squat rack way in here, and not letting people work in and ****

don't really pay any mind to the rest of stuff. but I guess my questions for some of you is, if I ask how many more sets you have left, and I've already done the rest of my stuff and you have one set left, i'm not allowed to kinda just chill around the rack?

if I leave i'm sure i'll lose my "spot in line" so I think it should be alright to wait around and ****. I thought that was cool to do.

Nah waiting around for someone to finish one set is kinda the norm. Maybe even two sets if it's the only piece of that particular equipment and it's in high demand. I've had guys come up to me and my client when we're just one set in and I tell them we have like 3 sets left but he can work in if he likes and they'll be like no I'm fine. And then they stand there mad close staring, stretching, and then doing the whole passive aggressive watch checks and foot-tapping. I just ignore them and keep my client engaged so they don't feel too uncomfortable about it but still.

Man if someone doesn't let me work in and the squat racks are full, I'm 100% chilling and stretching by the rack. Mess around and have a group take my spot in line? Mess around and be tired for my main lift that day? Nah just let me work in if it makes you uncomfortable :lol:

gotcha.

luckily the gym I work out of is pretty mellow and low traffic so when I train clients I never have to deal with lurkers haha

when I do workout at my other gym i'm pretty nice about letting a trainer and his/her client have the rack after I end up rushing my own sets cause I dig it I understand you gotta train the client and make that money.

I guess on rare occasions I get in my feelings and let the passive aggression out, but only when literally everything (racks, benches, dumbells, machine) is taken and i'm stuck macguyvering a work out with the only damn dumbbell left in the gym.

Back
Top Bottom