Talk show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger uses the N-Word.

Everybody saying only black ppl should say #++%+ are the ones that probably won't do nothing when they hear a Hispanic or Asian say it and they might act some type of way when a white person says it but more times than not probably won't do #%%% then either.

laugh.gif
@ ppl saying non-blacks can't say it. You forget we in America? PPL can say what they want and specifically racists can be racist if they want. What you gonna do other than talk or risk going to jail?

Everybody saying only black ppl should say #++%+ are the ones that probably won't do nothing when they hear a Hispanic or Asian say it and they might act some type of way when a white person says it but more times than not probably won't do #%%% then either.

laugh.gif
@ ppl saying non-blacks can't say it. You forget we in America? PPL can say what they want and specifically racists can be racist if they want. What you gonna do other than talk or risk going to jail?

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Damn, whites own the world.... lol we can't even own a word tho..... smh.

Just consider the N word and welfare our 40 acres and a mule
laugh.gif
smh @ you... Do you think welfare was put in place for blacks? And do you think blacks take up majority of the welfare system?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

It's just one of those unwritten rules of life. If you're not black, you're not supposed to say it. It's that simple. I don't understand why people who aren't black have any desire to use the word; Chris Rock uses that word habitually, but I bet you the studio heads and comedy writers aren't in the production meetings dropping N-Bombs with him.
I still can't believe people think they have entitlement over others to use a word. You can THINK that it's an unwritten rule, but people are going to use the word regardless (with or without your unneeded permission). You using the word does not help the situation, it's a word and it's not off limits to anyone. I can't understand why people WHO ARE black have any desire to use the word considering that it was used as a demeaning term against blacks for such a long time.
Just because  people can do something doesn't mean they should. I can go and randomly stab people on the street. should I? I can go and smack every little kid I pass by. Should I? There's such a thing as discretion.

Black people should be the only ones using that word. End of story. It's not difficult to comprehend. Whether non black people believe it's right or wrong for black people to use that word is meaningless. It's not for others to decide.

There are hundreds of thousands of words in the English language  and you shouldn't use a few. Life is full of double standards and some of them are not wrong. This is an example of that.
No wonder people think we're a joke
smh.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

It's just one of those unwritten rules of life. If you're not black, you're not supposed to say it. It's that simple. I don't understand why people who aren't black have any desire to use the word; Chris Rock uses that word habitually, but I bet you the studio heads and comedy writers aren't in the production meetings dropping N-Bombs with him.
I still can't believe people think they have entitlement over others to use a word. You can THINK that it's an unwritten rule, but people are going to use the word regardless (with or without your unneeded permission). You using the word does not help the situation, it's a word and it's not off limits to anyone. I can't understand why people WHO ARE black have any desire to use the word considering that it was used as a demeaning term against blacks for such a long time.
Just because  people can do something doesn't mean they should. I can go and randomly stab people on the street. should I? I can go and smack every little kid I pass by. Should I? There's such a thing as discretion.

Black people should be the only ones using that word. End of story. It's not difficult to comprehend. Whether non black people believe it's right or wrong for black people to use that word is meaningless. It's not for others to decide.

There are hundreds of thousands of words in the English language  and you shouldn't use a few. Life is full of double standards and some of them are not wrong. This is an example of that.
No wonder people think we're a joke
smh.gif

laugh.gif
smh @ you... Do you think welfare was put in place for blacks? And do you think blacks take up majority of the welfare system?

Alright so I have a confession to make. I'm Asian, and I like hip hop music. A lot. When I'm rapping my favorite songs, I say the N word. Am I wrong? Like really, am I? It's pretty tough to bleep myself mid-line.

Alright so I have a confession to make. I'm Asian, and I like hip hop music. A lot. When I'm rapping my favorite songs, I say the N word. Am I wrong? Like really, am I? It's pretty tough to bleep myself mid-line.

lol

I'm white btw.

Not surprised that many on NT are so flippant on this; " I can say whatever I want! If Black people say it, why can't I say it."
laugh.gif

Prob immaturity combined with lack of exposure to the real world. It seems like the US has a lot of racial tension but there's a lot more out in the rest of the world. Certain words in front will get you $#@@$% up. No matter your intention.

Like I said. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Just because it's a double standard doesn't automatically mean it's wrong.

lol

I'm white btw.

Not surprised that many on NT are so flippant on this; " I can say whatever I want! If Black people say it, why can't I say it."
laugh.gif

Prob immaturity combined with lack of exposure to the real world. It seems like the US has a lot of racial tension but there's a lot more out in the rest of the world. Certain words in front will get you $#@@$% up. No matter your intention.

Like I said. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Just because it's a double standard doesn't automatically mean it's wrong.

i think she's right and any black person looking to better the world would think she's right too ... i cant imagine walking the earth and having a WORD that someone else says, offend me ... the most derogatory term in my eyes is the f word ... but am i seriously going to have a bad day or cause a stir because someone calls me a %*%@%+ ? get outta here ...

and dont give me that "o it goes deeper than that cuz the history yadda yadda yadda" gimme a break ... it's 2010 and people are broke and out of work ... time to let @@#* like this get dismissed for what it is, a bunch of whiney !#!!$%@% ...

i think she's right and any black person looking to better the world would think she's right too ... i cant imagine walking the earth and having a WORD that someone else says, offend me ... the most derogatory term in my eyes is the f word ... but am i seriously going to have a bad day or cause a stir because someone calls me a %*%@%+ ? get outta here ...

and dont give me that "o it goes deeper than that cuz the history yadda yadda yadda" gimme a break ... it's 2010 and people are broke and out of work ... time to let @@#* like this get dismissed for what it is, a bunch of whiney !#!!$%@% ...

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

laugh.gif

J/p doogie

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

laugh.gif

J/p doogie

The one thing I don't understand is this:

Blacks say that white people shouldn't use the word due to its rather aggressive history, and sometimes there are suggestions that blacks should "own" the word. But does this "owning" of the word somehow separate it from its history, and what the word has historically been known to represent?

Blacks say that white people shouldn't use the word due to its rather aggressive history, and sometimes there are suggestions that blacks should "own" the word. But does this "owning" of the word somehow separate it from its history, and what the word has historically been known to represent?

White folk are so corny its sad................. You guys have everything but still envy black folk cuz of a word....

Why cant we say it, if you say it? wahh waaah wahh waaah

SMH...

White folk are so corny its sad................. You guys have everything but still envy black folk cuz of a word....

Why cant we say it, if you say it? wahh waaah wahh waaah

SMH...

tmay407 wrote:

Yes and no........ I don't think there is a science to all this. Kind of the like the beginning of the universe... it just was. It's just something whites will have to live with because I don't see the day when blacks will just allow the word to be said by white people with out this kind of outcome.

And can anyone answer my first question? Why is there such an urge for whites to use the word. If you know we find it disrespectful in any fashion when you say it.... why say it?

tmay407 wrote:

Yes and no........ I don't think there is a science to all this. Kind of the like the beginning of the universe... it just was. It's just something whites will have to live with because I don't see the day when blacks will just allow the word to be said by white people with out this kind of outcome.

And can anyone answer my first question? Why is there such an urge for whites to use the word. If you know we find it disrespectful in any fashion when you say it.... why say it?

The only thing I can think of (in regards to your response to my original question) is that converting the word into something of a cultural colloquialism has been an effort to try to take some of the negative history and pain away from the word.

But I also believe that society is built on double standards, many of which can't be explained logically. It's just the way it is, and it probably will never change.

As for your question:
A) Neither me, nor any of my friends have ever had an interest in using the word. This group includes mostly white people from all sorts of different backgrounds - ranging from kids from suburban areas of DFW, Houston, Austin, etc., to kids from small, "redneck" towns of about 200 people. Some of the people that I know from high school do use the word rather frequently.

In my overall experiences, the white people I've seen using the word have been less educated than the people that I've seen not using it. I hate to generalize things, but I wonder if that has something to do with it?

B) A lot of times, people of all races love to get a rise out of other people. Most of the time when white people use the word, you usually see a reaction from black people. There are a lot of people that thrive on any kind of attention, and I don't doubt that knowing that black people will react drives some of their actions.

And on a side note, I will say this: Anybody that takes anything that Dr. Laura says seriously needs to reevaluate their life. She sits and preaches about taking responsibility and blah, blah, blah...yet when those nude photos of her came out a while back, she responded by saying that they weren't her. She then later said that they were her, and said that the person who released them never should have done that. She lost any credibility that she may have had at that point. I know it won't really mean much to many of you because of the subject of this rant, but I just had to say that.

The only thing I can think of (in regards to your response to my original question) is that converting the word into something of a cultural colloquialism has been an effort to try to take some of the negative history and pain away from the word.

But I also believe that society is built on double standards, many of which can't be explained logically. It's just the way it is, and it probably will never change.

As for your question:
A) Neither me, nor any of my friends have ever had an interest in using the word. This group includes mostly white people from all sorts of different backgrounds - ranging from kids from suburban areas of DFW, Houston, Austin, etc., to kids from small, "redneck" towns of about 200 people. Some of the people that I know from high school do use the word rather frequently.

In my overall experiences, the white people I've seen using the word have been less educated than the people that I've seen not using it. I hate to generalize things, but I wonder if that has something to do with it?

B) A lot of times, people of all races love to get a rise out of other people. Most of the time when white people use the word, you usually see a reaction from black people. There are a lot of people that thrive on any kind of attention, and I don't doubt that knowing that black people will react drives some of their actions.

And on a side note, I will say this: Anybody that takes anything that Dr. Laura says seriously needs to reevaluate their life. She sits and preaches about taking responsibility and blah, blah, blah...yet when those nude photos of her came out a while back, she responded by saying that they weren't her. She then later said that they were her, and said that the person who released them never should have done that. She lost any credibility that she may have had at that point. I know it won't really mean much to many of you because of the subject of this rant, but I just had to say that.

tmay407 wrote:

As for your question:

Great response, as for DarkNight......

You wouldn't understand if you're not black. Not tryna be funny but it's just somethin that we got. You can either respect it and get over it, or you can cry about why we don't want you saying it. If you don't get it now you never will.

Back
Top Bottom