Talk show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger uses the N-Word.

tmay407 wrote:

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Yes and no........ I don't think there is a science to all this. Kind of the like the beginning of the universe... it just was. It's just something whites will have to live with because I don't see the day when blacks will just allow the word to be said by white people with out this kind of outcome.

And can anyone answer my first question? Why is there such an urge for whites to use the word. If you know we find it disrespectful in any fashion when you say it.... why say it?
The only thing I can think of (in regards to your response to my original question) is that converting the word into something of a cultural colloquialism has been an effort to try to take some of the negative history and pain away from the word.

But I also believe that society is built on double standards, many of which can't be explained logically. It's just the way it is, and it probably will never change.

As for your question:
A) Neither me, nor any of my friends have ever had an interest in using the word. This group includes mostly white people from all sorts of different backgrounds - ranging from kids from suburban areas of DFW, Houston, Austin, etc., to kids from small, "redneck" towns of about 200 people. Some of the people that I know from high school do use the word rather frequently.

In my overall experiences, the white people I've seen using the word have been less educated than the people that I've seen not using it. I hate to generalize things, but I wonder if that has something to do with it?

B) A lot of times, people of all races love to get a rise out of other people. Most of the time when white people use the word, you usually see a reaction from black people. There are a lot of people that thrive on any kind of attention, and I don't doubt that knowing that black people will react drives some of their actions.

And on a side note, I will say this: Anybody that takes anything that Dr. Laura says seriously needs to reevaluate their life. She sits and preaches about taking responsibility and blah, blah, blah...yet when those nude photos of her came out a while back, she responded by saying that they weren't her. She then later said that they were her, and said that the person who released them never should have done that. She lost any credibility that she may have had at that point. I know it won't really mean much to many of you because of the subject of this rant, but I just had to say that.

Great response, as for DarkNight......

You wouldn't understand if you're not black. Not tryna be funny but it's just somethin that we got. You can either respect it and get over it, or you can cry about why we don't want you saying it. If you don't get it now you never will.

Originally Posted by DarkNight

Why do some Africa-Americans want to use the word so bad?

I'm black and I don't understand it. A word that is that offensive just shouldn't be used.

I'm black and I don't understand it. A word that is that offensive just shouldn't be used.

tmay407 wrote:

Yes and no........ I don't think there is a science to all this. Kind of the like the beginning of the universe... it just was. It's just something whites will have to live with because I don't see the day when blacks will just allow the word to be said by white people with out this kind of outcome.

And can anyone answer my first question? Why is there such an urge for whites to use the word. If you know we find it disrespectful in any fashion when you say it.... why say it?

You wouldn't understand if you're not black. Not tryna be funny but it's just somethin that we got. You can either respect it and get over it, or you can cry about why we don't want you saying it. If you don't get it now you never will.

To answer your question.

It's just something they got. If you aren't white you won't understand. You can either respect it and get over it, or you can cry about why you don't want them saying it. If you don't get it now you never will.

tmay407 wrote:

To answer your question.

It's just something they got. If you aren't white you won't understand. You can either respect it and get over it, or you can cry about why you don't want them saying it. If you don't get it now you never will.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

lol

I'm white btw.

Not surprised that many on NT are so flippant on this; " I can say whatever I want! If Black people say it, why can't I say it."
laugh.gif

Prob immaturity combined with lack of exposure to the real world. It seems like the US has a lot of racial tension but there's a lot more out in the rest of the world. Certain words in front will get you $#@@$% up. No matter your intention.

Like I said. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Just because it's a double standard doesn't automatically mean it's wrong.

Co-signature.

Like I said. All ya'll saying you can say whatever you like. Go say it around your nearest hood, go ahead.

lol

I'm white btw.

Not surprised that many on NT are so flippant on this; " I can say whatever I want! If Black people say it, why can't I say it."
laugh.gif

Prob immaturity combined with lack of exposure to the real world. It seems like the US has a lot of racial tension but there's a lot more out in the rest of the world. Certain words in front will get you $#@@$% up. No matter your intention.

Like I said. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Just because it's a double standard doesn't automatically mean it's wrong.

Co-signature.

Like I said. All ya'll saying you can say whatever you like. Go say it around your nearest hood, go ahead.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Black people should be the only ones using that word. End of story. It's not difficult to comprehend. Whether non black people believe it's right or wrong for black people to use that word is meaningless. It's not for others to decide.

Everybody is technically from Africa, though.

Therefor we can all use it.

Hilarious. You can't make it up, the one time it is beneficial to share ancestory we are all fellow africans. Please.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Black people should be the only ones using that word. End of story. It's not difficult to comprehend. Whether non black people believe it's right or wrong for black people to use that word is meaningless. It's not for others to decide.

Everybody is technically from Africa, though.

Therefor we can all use it.

Hilarious. You can't make it up, the one time it is beneficial to share ancestory we are all fellow africans. Please.

What if three black people have given me hood passes? Can I say it [-a], then?

I was once called the blackest white boy ever.
laugh.gif

What if three black people have given me hood passes? Can I say it [-a], then?

I was once called the blackest white boy ever.
laugh.gif

She apologized so its all good right??

And don't forget her bodyguard is black and shes friends with him so she cant be racist...

And one more thing. She said "Black people voted for Obama cause he's black (mixed race)". But i guess white people voted for McCain cause he was the best candidate for the "JOB" right??

This lady is a joke. Kanye takes the spotlight from Taylor Swift people want to get all up in arms, But when this White lady says the N word repeatedly on her radio program its whatever to some of you..

White people cant do no wrong. Keep doing you white people "we colored folk are just gonna mosley on by and get outta ya's way".

She apologized so its all good right??

And don't forget her bodyguard is black and shes friends with him so she cant be racist...

And one more thing. She said "Black people voted for Obama cause he's black (mixed race)". But i guess white people voted for McCain cause he was the best candidate for the "JOB" right??

This lady is a joke. Kanye takes the spotlight from Taylor Swift people want to get all up in arms, But when this White lady says the N word repeatedly on her radio program its whatever to some of you..

White people cant do no wrong. Keep doing you white people "we colored folk are just gonna mosley on by and get outta ya's way".

Can't blame her if she's right. The word only has power if you think it does. If only blacks can use it, and if people can't get passed the negative side of it then it's always going to be an issue.
If a person can't even use the word in a different context, that just shows how immature society is.
Her intent was obviously not to be racist.
Besides, white women seem to love blacks, especially their men. I wouldn't worry about this.

Can't blame her if she's right. The word only has power if you think it does. If only blacks can use it, and if people can't get passed the negative side of it then it's always going to be an issue.
If a person can't even use the word in a different context, that just shows how immature society is.
Her intent was obviously not to be racist.
Besides, white women seem to love blacks, especially their men. I wouldn't worry about this.

Originally Posted by gambit215

White folk are so corny its sad................. You guys have everything but still envy black folk cuz of a word....

Why cant we say it, if you say it? wahh waaah wahh waaah

SMH...
lol.

Talking about corny and sad...

Originally Posted by gambit215

White folk are so corny its sad................. You guys have everything but still envy black folk cuz of a word....

Why cant we say it, if you say it? wahh waaah wahh waaah

SMH...
lol.

Talking about corny and sad...

I don't use it I don't know why anybody would want to use it. But really though it's just a word. Ever heard the saying

Sticks and stones may break my bones but.... you know the rest.

I don't use it I don't know why anybody would want to use it. But really though it's just a word. Ever heard the saying

Sticks and stones may break my bones but.... you know the rest.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

+1........We call each other by the word ALL THE TIME.......:smh

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

+1........We call each other by the word ALL THE TIME.......:smh

Back
Top Bottom