Talk show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger uses the N-Word.

I can't believe no one asked her if she used the "flipped" version.
that word should be banned and nobody should be able to spew that garbage from their mouth. It was a harmful word back in the days and now it just further divides our communities. I'm half black & half-white and don't use the word.
Easier said than done, since it has become a very common word in pop culture.  It doesn't even have the same meaning anymore.  I've seen people of every background use that word at one point, and not once was it used in a derogatory way.  It was always the all too common, brotherly bond "flipped" version.

Yes jetpac, I can, they can't. They had their chance to use it and they did, but in the most filthy way imaginable. Don't try to be cute, ER or A.

Who is "they"?

So white people can't use it because of the use of the word by their "ancestors"?

You don't want to be judged by the actions of the past, but you are judging them on actions of their "ancestors"?

What about Latino's, Asians or people of another ethnic culture that happens to use the word?  "They" never had a chance to use it in the "filthy way imaginable".

I love how black people try to rationalize the use of this derogatory term.  If you don't want people to say it, don't use it in the most commercial way possible.  The N word is now ingrained in pop culture.  Crazy how there is an N-word Police, patroling who and who can't use the term.

Yes jetpac, I can, they can't. They had their chance to use it and they did, but in the most filthy way imaginable. Don't try to be cute, ER or A.

Who is "they"?

So white people can't use it because of the use of the word by their "ancestors"?

You don't want to be judged by the actions of the past, but you are judging them on actions of their "ancestors"?

What about Latino's, Asians or people of another ethnic culture that happens to use the word?  "They" never had a chance to use it in the "filthy way imaginable".

I love how black people try to rationalize the use of this derogatory term.  If you don't want people to say it, don't use it in the most commercial way possible.  The N word is now ingrained in pop culture.  Crazy how there is an N-word Police, patroling who and who can't use the term.

It's just one of those unwritten rules of life. If you're not black, you're not supposed to say it. It's that simple. I don't understand why people who aren't black have any desire to use the word; Chris Rock uses that word habitually, but I bet you the studio heads and comedy writers aren't in the production meetings dropping N-Bombs with him.

It's just one of those unwritten rules of life. If you're not black, you're not supposed to say it. It's that simple. I don't understand why people who aren't black have any desire to use the word; Chris Rock uses that word habitually, but I bet you the studio heads and comedy writers aren't in the production meetings dropping N-Bombs with him.

The argument isn't that people "have any desire to use the word."

People who have a desire to use the word in a derogatory manner will do so whether you grant them "permission" or not.

The argument is that a word in the English language does not belong to one person/group more than any other word. It's that simple.

The argument isn't that people "have any desire to use the word."

People who have a desire to use the word in a derogatory manner will do so whether you grant them "permission" or not.

The argument is that a word in the English language does not belong to one person/group more than any other word. It's that simple.

anygivensunday wrote:
I disagree with you whole hearted. I am a black male, and I feel that no one should use the word. Personally I stopped using the "N" word a long time ago when my friends of other races thought it was ok use it. Then, I asked myself why would they ever think that word was ok to use. Then i realized, they here me calling my other black friends it, why cant they use the word???? I see where Dr. Laura was going with her point, because it was pretty much the same thing I said, but she did it in a very poor manner. She was trying to make the point of...If a black person can use it as a term of endearment to others, why is everyone else restricted to not using the word? Simply put, no body should use the word, its an ugly word that society uses. I think we as a society(black, white, asian, or latino) shouldnt use the word. But thats just my rant...

anygivensunday wrote:
I disagree with you whole hearted. I am a black male, and I feel that no one should use the word. Personally I stopped using the "N" word a long time ago when my friends of other races thought it was ok use it. Then, I asked myself why would they ever think that word was ok to use. Then i realized, they here me calling my other black friends it, why cant they use the word???? I see where Dr. Laura was going with her point, because it was pretty much the same thing I said, but she did it in a very poor manner. She was trying to make the point of...If a black person can use it as a term of endearment to others, why is everyone else restricted to not using the word? Simply put, no body should use the word, its an ugly word that society uses. I think we as a society(black, white, asian, or latino) shouldnt use the word. But thats just my rant...

I just don't get why white people/non blacks are always fighting for the right to say the word.
We're asking you not to use one word out of millions of words in the English language, is it really that big of a deal or that hard to just not say the word out of respect?
Why do you wanna be able to say it so badly? Is it a white entitlement thing?

I really don't get it.

I just don't get why white people/non blacks are always fighting for the right to say the word.
We're asking you not to use one word out of millions of words in the English language, is it really that big of a deal or that hard to just not say the word out of respect?

I really don't get it.

racist *$#$@...
I predict a boondocks episode though 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eghckk

I really don't get it.
What's there not to get?

Once again, no one's fighting for the right to say the word.  No one's campaigning for the right to say it. No one wants to be able to say it so badly and it has absolutely nothing to do with (white) entitlement. All that is a bunch of nonsense.

It's about the appropriation of a word and the myth that its use is "'allowed" by and for one group.

If you're going to go down the respect route - if you want to be respected, you should respect yourself enough to refrain from using it.

I really don't get it.
What's there not to get?

Once again, no one's fighting for the right to say the word.  No one's campaigning for the right to say it. No one wants to be able to say it so badly and it has absolutely nothing to do with (white) entitlement. All that is a bunch of nonsense.

It's about the appropriation of a word and the myth that its use is "'allowed" by and for one group.

If you're going to go down the respect route - if you want to be respected, you should respect yourself enough to refrain from using it.

laugh.gif

this is so silly. If blacks are so offended by the word why don't they stop using it on themselves first.

laugh.gif

this is so silly. If blacks are so offended by the word why don't they stop using it on themselves first.

Originally Posted by Manglor

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

And the reason why we can use it and not you is because we've heard your race put so much hate and disrespect to the word that's it just down right offensive anytime we hear it come out your mouth. Blame your ancestors for the rules in place today.
laugh.gif

You can use it but they can't?

The RULES in place today?

Ever consider that maybe the fact you use it makes other people want to use it?

Maybe teaching by example might help?

Maybe if it wasn't in every other music video maybe if it wasn't shouted by kids at one another in every park i've ever played basketball in it wouldn't be such a popular word?

If i had a kid and i didn't want him dropping F-bombs all day i wouldn't do it myself while telling him he's not allowed to follow my example.

In my opinion if you don't use the word you have every right to be OUTRAGED when anyone else does.

If you use it yourself you shouldn't complain.

That being said tho i watched the clip and that woman is pretty damn racist and i hope she gets hit by a bus.

In the face.

Originally Posted by Manglor

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

And the reason why we can use it and not you is because we've heard your race put so much hate and disrespect to the word that's it just down right offensive anytime we hear it come out your mouth. Blame your ancestors for the rules in place today.
laugh.gif

You can use it but they can't?

The RULES in place today?

Ever consider that maybe the fact you use it makes other people want to use it?

Maybe teaching by example might help?

Maybe if it wasn't in every other music video maybe if it wasn't shouted by kids at one another in every park i've ever played basketball in it wouldn't be such a popular word?

If i had a kid and i didn't want him dropping F-bombs all day i wouldn't do it myself while telling him he's not allowed to follow my example.

In my opinion if you don't use the word you have every right to be OUTRAGED when anyone else does.

If you use it yourself you shouldn't complain.

That being said tho i watched the clip and that woman is pretty damn racist and i hope she gets hit by a bus.

In the face.

I really don't get it.
Fighting for the right to say it? Really?

i don't recall anyone asking permission.

Why do YOU want to say it so badly?

I really don't get it.
Fighting for the right to say it? Really?

i don't recall anyone asking permission.

Why do YOU want to say it so badly?

Back
Top Bottom