Taxi 12's - December '13

What would a good buy be at resell price? Really want to pick these up after I missed out...
I just secured a pair for $200. He said $230, I asked if he could go lower without mentioning price, and HE said $200, which is $15 over retail in my area after tax ($185). 

Evens out cause I paid $165 + tax for Gamma 11s.

If FNL didn't announce it couldn't it have been random sizes from cancelled orders just popping up back on the site? That wouldn't count as restock really but did FNL announce that the shoes were back on the site?

Lol i knew i should've got these instead of the XI gamm
mean.gif
a's 

^ No playoffs?

Flint greys too, but I digress. Still a nice collection of 12s.

I know that I am the minority....but I do not like the playoffs. The obsidians were always better to me. Flint greys....at that time they just didn't do anything for me. I always just buy what I like....sometimes that means missing out on key items for a collection

I'm blessed to say that a Villa (never heard of it until people on NT mentioned it) is opening up nearby and after speaking to store employees, they seem to have all the Retro Jordan releases from 2013 except for the Gamma Blue 11's, Gamma Blue 12's, Bred 1's, and infrared 3lab5's. I'm definitely picking up the Fear Pack 4's, Toro 4's, and these Taxi 12's.

Really hoping for a restock since I struck out on these. I waited in a line 50 deep at the local mall just for them to tell us that they only received a few men's pairs. Why didn't you just tell us that at the outset? Still salty.

Will be locked in to this forum for any restock news.

Trying to find a size 14 for my boy now. He hit me up yesterday for these and I'm like "Bruh these came out 2 weeks ago, you know how hard it's gonna be to find them anywhere outside of ebay?" lol.. Especially in that size

Trying to find a size 14 for my boy now. He hit me up yesterday for these and I'm like "Bruh these came out 2 weeks ago, you know how hard it's gonna be to find them anywhere outside of ebay?" lol.. Especially in that size
yikes and on the ebay they will command a high price tag at sz 14

yikes and on the ebay they will command a high price tag at sz 14
Yup... I looked and peeps are trying to get close to $400 for these!! They can get outta here with that nonsense! Lol... Even check CL locally and no dice. Largest I found is a 13

Last edited:
Boy I wish that store was in MD. Still want the Taxi's in 11, but could have also gone for the Wht/Blk XIII's as well. Dang.

I called all the local DTLR's in my area and no-one re-stocked so if it did at some locations, consider yourselves lucky. I refuse to pay $300 for them.

I'm blessed to say that a Villa (never heard of it until people on NT mentioned it) is opening up nearby and after speaking to store employees, they seem to have all the Retro Jordan releases from 2013 except for the Gamma Blue 11's, Gamma Blue 12's, Bred 1's, and infrared 3lab5's. I'm definitely picking up the Fear Pack 4's, Toro 4's, and these Taxi 12's.
Which location are you heading to?  I tried to get a solid answer from both villas in regards to buying more than one shoe since I missed out on those Taxi 12 and fear pack 4's but they can't say until they get from the crowd they get.

Which location are you heading to?  I tried to get a solid answer from both villas in regards to buying more than one shoe since I missed out on those Taxi 12 and fear pack 4's but they can't say until they get from the crowd they get.

I'm not going anymore, I'm just chalking it up as a loss or pay resale for the three pairs I wanted after Shoedog posted a picture with all the info and the picture made it's way through every JB thread (started on infrared 3lab5). I talked to them New Year's Eve and they told me that I should get there around 5 or 6am and I could buy theoretically one pair of every shoe as long as I could afford it, just no doubling up on the same shoe or trying to cop two different sizes of the same shoe. But, I'm sure it'll be very hard now to get multiple pairs or any pairs. I called the Roseland location around 6 or 7pm to see how much damage that picture circulating NT did with unaware NT member's in the Chicagoland area now aware as well as possible shoppers from nearby states, not to mention all the lurkers looking for a come up or an opportunity to cop just like we are. People told me that the picture floating around wouldn't have an impact, but sure enough it did. At around 6 or 7pm a store employee told me already had people lined up even though it was cold. He told me that they didn't expect line ups until closer to opening time.

This is the same exact conversation I was having with the guys waiting on the Bred 1 tickets about the low key locations and refreshes how the picture ends up online and boom forget about showing up 2 or 3 hours before opening and expect to by within the first 10 to 15 people.  Well ill see whats left don't care for the 3lab or bel airs hope most are just going for those two.

This is the same exact conversation I was having with the guys waiting on the Bred 1 tickets about the low key locations and refreshes how the picture ends up online and boom forget about showing up 2 or 3 hours before opening and expect to by within the first 10 to 15 people.  Well ill see whats left don't care for the 3lab or bel airs hope most are just going for those two.

I really hope Shoedog is from Chicago or IL in general or it'll bug me even more. I was hoping to cop the Fear Pack 4's, Toro 4's, and Taxi 12's in my size (13) at retail but that option is probably slim to none now. I'm well aware that I wouldn't be the only one there, but a Friday grand opening at 9am and the drastic difference in answers before and after led me to believe that my chances went significantly down due to the circulation of the picture. Good luck to you bro, if nothing you want is available and there's anything left over that's good just cop whatever has the best resale/trade value so you can then get what you want you feel me?

yea definitely plan to buy at least the taxis for an even size trade and I'm hopeful on the fear 4 but thanks man i know that size 13 always seem like a QS release.

yea definitely plan to buy at least the taxis for an even size trade and I'm hopeful on the fear 4 but thanks man i know that size 13 always seem like a QS release.

There's people on the Bred 1 thread talking about coming from Ohio just to cop some shoe's at the Villa store, so I guess I wasn't over exaggerating when I got mad, that brings me some comfort lol.

Man let me tell you this morning was crazy over here at the villa on 119th there was 40+ already and this was at 1AM.  By 5 we had more than 50 in line in -2 weather the guys in the front of the line started a list on who's who and in what order I'm assuming because they wanted to chill in there cars there was no ghost chairs but this list was a great and bad idea.  By 6 AM you had another 20 cats show up out of nowhere talking about they don't care about the damm list all and said they would cut the line and no one would do anything about it (typical goons) by 630 security came by and said everyone needed to leave the front of the store otherwise they would not be allowed in the store.  You can assume peoples reaction after hearing this.  The list with the names was then voided by the security that kicked everyone out the line and said that when he deems it appropriate he would let people line up (more people show up) people start huddling around the parking lot security keeps insisting the list is voided and it will be first come first serve when he decides to make the announcement.  People get disgruntled its freaking cold and of course people shove and push guys start talking loud and getting back in line security calls the cops and then 7 squad cars show up kicking everyone out the front of the store and back into our cars.  I mean this was so avoidable if they would of just let the people already in line stay in their spot and whomever came after get in their appropriate place at the end of the line but of course they rather make their own rules and cause mayhem like this morning.  This reminded me of the 2006 Grape release it was just handled poorly.  Needless to say I stayed patient met some cool dudes and grabbed my size and I was 50th in line.  

Back
Top Bottom