The College Basketball Post

My son Tasheed on TV
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Ahhh..Raft and Bilas...
"With a little Turkey rejection...International!"
roll.gif

This dude Raftery is hilarious. And that's my young bo Chris Prescott for St. Joes
pimp.gif

best commentator crew in sports, hands down for my money.
pimp.gif

Not impressed with this Texas squad AT ALL.

I'm a big fan of Damion James but he has the Lebron James bad shot selection syndrome. Why are you catchin' passes on the wings and lettin'3's go without taking a dribble or checking the landscape to see if the lane is open? He really thinks he's a wing now, which is fine, but don'tgive up on your bread and butter all of a sudden and forget how to bang down low.

Not impressed with this Texas squad AT ALL.

I'm a big fan of Damion James but he has the Lebron James bad shot selection syndrome. Why are you catchin' passes on the wings and lettin' 3's go without taking a dribble or checking the landscape to see if the lane is open? He really thinks he's a wing now, which is fine, but don't give up on your bread and butter all of a sudden and forget how to bang down low.
I'm very impressed with them... i thought without a true point guard they'd really struggle compared to the last 5 years or so when theyalways had that solid PG play they've had. I think they look much better than I initially thought they might, and should be a strong candidate for the bigxii title this year, and therefore a 2 seed or better. They're a big team, and so far it looks like they are playing good pressure defense all over thecourt. I like that combination.

I'm very impressed with them... i thought without a true point guard they'd really struggle compared to the last 5 years or so when they always had that solid PG play they've had. I think they look much better than I initially thought they might, and should be a strong candidate for the big xii title this year, and therefore a 2 seed or better. They're a big team, and so far it looks like they are playing good pressure defense all over the court. I like that combination.
When I say I'm not impressed with them it's basically a reflection of how I feel about all of college basketball at this point, and thatit's a down year. No team really seems all that great (sans UNC) or stands out but it is what it is. Texas may not look all that great to me, butit's not really fair to compare them to Texas teams of the past, and for what college basketball is this year, Texas is a top 10 team.

Initially I thought there's no way they would win the Big 12 playing the way they are, but in all honesty, not one team I've seen in the Big 12 standsout either, so relative to the rest of the talent in that conference they're neck and neck with Oklahoma IMO.

I've always felt sorry for the St. Joes hawk.

....I'd be surprised if Texas beats ND.

let's see if Malik gets any clock
nerd.gif

I really don't see what is special about Texas either. Abrams is strictly a 3 point shooter, Atchley is awful and James is good but he isn't a leadplayer to me. The Big 12 is another weak conference to me. Besides Baylor and Oklahoma I don't see any threatening teams in this conference. UT should getthemselves a high-seed though because they have enough players to at least get themselves a 4 seed.

I'm very impressed with them... i thought without a true point guard they'd really struggle compared to the last 5 years or so when they always had that solid PG play they've had. I think they look much better than I initially thought they might, and should be a strong candidate for the big xii title this year, and therefore a 2 seed or better. They're a big team, and so far it looks like they are playing good pressure defense all over the court. I like that combination.
When I say I'm not impressed with them it's basically a reflection of how I feel about all of college basketball at this point, and that it's a down year. No team really seems all that great (sans UNC) or stands out but it is what it is. Texas may not look all that great to me, but it's not really fair to compare them to Texas teams of the past, and for what college basketball is this year, Texas is a top 10 team.

Initially I thought there's no way they would win the Big 12 playing the way they are, but in all honesty, not one team I've seen in the Big 12 stands out either, so relative to the rest of the talent in that conference they're neck and neck with Oklahoma IMO.
nah i hear that - the top teams this year won't have anything on the top teams last year, in my opinion. So overall teams don't look asstrong this year, but i still put texas near the top of the list of best teams this year.

This game is going to get ugly for us. I expect Gody to end up with at least 30, we are so bad. C'mon Malik with a quick two already.

Back
Top Bottom