The College Basketball Post

[emoji]128140[/emoji] I'm writing you a 4 page letter Malta, I want things to be the way they used to be [emoji]128557[/emoji]

laugh.gif

I understand the decision, no point in staying if he wasn't going to get burn and watch his stock drop all year.

After reading that article, I understand it and actually agree that he should declare. It's not about getting burn, I'm sure he would've played starter minutes, but he wants to play more point. Staying at UCLA won't help him become a better pg, so he might as well bounce

I think it's more about wanting the ball in his hands and having the ability to create... Aside from being on the break all he did was run off screen and pin downs. When he caught the ball it was shoot it or pass it back. Rarely was he given the ball to create a play which they feel was his strongest attribute.

I'd love for the Bulls to take a shot at him, lord knows we can use a guard with size, ball handling ability, and potential as a shooter.

Potential Pooh/LaVine backcourt :pimp:

Thibs teaching LaVine how to defend :pimp:

If LaVine could learn to run the point, I really like his potential, I think people are underestimating just how explosive the boy is.

AG = Shawn Marion with a handle

I'm not sure if he had more handle than Marion had when he came in... Definitely don't think he rebounds at that rate but that is an interesting comparison

Potential Pooh/LaVine backcourt :pimp:

Thibs teaching LaVine how to defend :pimp:

If LaVine could learn to run the point, I really like his potential, I think people are underestimating just how explosive the boy is.

Could be a thing of beauty. Kid would obviously have to get stronger but few college players coming in have that issue. I think he could be a gem if he landed in the right spot and worked hard, Thibs could make him real. :pimp:

People compare Lavine to Westbrook.....thats if he absolutely MAXES out his potential.

I see him more of a 1000x smarter JR Smith. I love everything about his game at the SG position.

Or maybe he can be like the dude in my avy :nerd:

Last edited:
Personally I think all of you are crazy.

Austin Rivers or Von Wafer or Alexy Shved seem like a likley outcome for Lavine.

I would only take him him 20 below, just a complete lottery ticket, so much stuff you have to imagine and project to make him a productive nba player.

Last edited:
Yawn, we already know how you feel about him.

He shoots better, is more athletic and has a better body than all those guys you just named.

You'd like him if he was Canadian.

Last edited:
Yawn, we already know how you feel about him.

He shoots better, is more athletic and has a better body than all those guys you just named.

better body?

he's 6-5 180 pounds, Austin was 20 pounds heavier at draft, Von Wafer 30 pounds.

people are forgetting, LaVine got a nice lil crossover no way he was better handles than Austin.

and a better shooter?

Well, we will see about that.

I agree with OKB, Levine has bust potential written all over him to me.

Gordon still scares me. I know he's good but I don't even think he'll ever be as good a shooter as Marion and he isn't as fluid an athlete to me. Reminds me of MKG a lot, more athletic but not as good as a ball handler.

I wouldn't take Lavine over Elfird Payton, Deonte Burton, KJ Mcdaniels.

I don't even see the argument of why you would.

I'm truly confused, but hopefully it works out for lavine.

Also I think its ridiculous that he thinks he can play point gaurd.

Last edited:
better body?

he's 6-5 180 pounds, Austin was 20 pounds heavier at draft, Von Wafer 30 pounds.

people are forgetting, LaVine got a nice lil crossover no way he was better handles than Austin.

and a better shooter?

Well, we will see about that.

6'8 wingspan, you really think it's going to be hard for a teenager that's still growing to gain weight?

You of all people should know that's premium size and length at the guard position, combined with him being an explosive athlete.

Wiggins is 10 pounds lighter than Von Wafer and he plays the 3, don't see you concerned about his weight.

Depends what you think is a better handle, Rivers wastes movement often, wouldn't say his handle is that much better, maybe in a summer league context.

LaVine is the typical prospect that fans fall in love with and most GMs are terrified of drafting. Someone will end up drafting him higher than he should go, but I hope that no one is dumb enough to draft him over a prospect like PJ Hairston.

Unless you're overweight, weight doesn't matter. You can always bulk up.

Austin Rivers....LOL

Just like 95% of players in the draft where you get drafted is extremely important. The reward is too high to pass up on a freakishly athletic 18 year old that can shoot the 3, has the wingspan and quickness to play D, and can handle the ball.

Last edited:
Elfrid Payton weighs 165 at 6'5 too.

:lol: @ the nitpicking.

Mocks have LaVine going late first, if you don't think he's a good pick there idk what to tell you.

They got James Young going ahead of him for Christ sake.

Just like 95% of players in the draft where you get drafted is extremely important. The reward is too high to pass up on a freakishly athletic 18 year old that can shoot the 3, has the wingspan and quickness to play D, and can handle the ball.

Na man you're imagining that. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom