The College Basketball Post

Shuges, I think the answer to your question is that Syracuse has had a lot of overhyped prospects. We call All-American talent "blue chips", but out of all the blue chips that Cuse had brought in, how many have been can't miss talents? Melo and....? You can go down the line of Cuse guys and see major flaws, from Wes, to Fab Melo, to Dajuan Coleman, to Donte Greene. All of these guys could be picked a part, AA or not.
I agree. But there are a million guys we can pick apart from other programs yet they still get drafted and even more importantly find a way to stick around. Look at Hansbrough. Luke Walton too. Ed Davis even!

UConn is another good example of players who aren't extremely talented but still find a way to stick. Thabeet, Kemba, and Lamb are all still toiling. Meanwhile, Paul Harris, Arinze Onuaku, and others are overseas or in the D League.

Last edited:
Dude said Lawson and Green are not better than Wes Johnson and Flynn?

Ima let cuse fans reach cause i defend Roy whenever he gets slandered even though he put numerous amount of players in the league

Last edited:
Dang my bad Ricardo Malta, i didnt realize including stats in a thread about college basketball was against the rules..sorry for trying to back up my post with numbers..because i happen to mention the coach's name in like 3 whole posts in this entire thread..i just didnt get "Bo Ryan gonna Bo Ryan" so i explained my opinion, sheesh....

^and awwsome they beat Virginia though and lost to Ohio State by all of one point..they crushed Northwestern by 27 in that first game..i never once said Arizona wasnt a really good defensive team, I just dont see them running the Badgers into the ground like you said...btw i have Arizona beating Wisconsin in my bracket

I've said before that Wisconsin plays to conservative to beat teams that have more talent than they do, but this year their talent level is really high, the offence is better than ever and it seem like Bo has opened it up a bit, shooting more threes.

They can score on just about anyone, (if they shoot from 3)

I actually like Wisconsin against Arizona, but slightly, defensive rebounding is very strong, (top 10 in the country), good at defending the 3 ( also top 10 ) Arizona offence without brandon ashley depends alot on getting boards and hitting threes.
Arizona is a great defense but they aren't a turnover seeking type.

As long as Wisconsin can control the boards and keep the possession battle close, and keep up the 3 point attempts they should have a really good shot.

But I really can't stress this enough, they need to keep shooting 3's and I don't know if Bo give them the green light.

Last edited:
Couple things are clear to me.

1. Jim Boeheim is 70, he ain't tweaking ****. So cuse fans are just going to have to live with it.
2. Nobody wants to fire a legend, its pretty clear he's going to die on that sideline.
3. You could say the same thing about Duke in recent years before they started going after one and done's.

4. The zone giveth and the zone taketh away.

Some down years at Syracuse have been helped because of that Zone, no way, ****ey and Ennis would be as effective on d if they were playing man to man, in fact they generated a good amount of turnovers out of the zone because of ****ey and Ennis ability to anticipate.
No coach does this, you don't really recruit the cream of the crop high school prospect, so I don't what you expect. Most of your draft picks have upperclassmen so they are fraught with more risk when your translating through the draft.

What does Duke have to do with Syracuse tho? Y'all keep Duke in your mouth more than the actual fans.

Stop it.

I agree. But there are a million guys we can pick apart from other programs yet they still get drafted and even more importantly find a way to stick around. Look at Hansbrough. Luke Walton too. Ed Davis even!

UConn is another good example of players who aren't extremely talented but still find a way to stick. Thabeet, Kemba, and Lamb are all still toiling. Meanwhile, Paul Harris, Arinze Onuaku, and others are overseas or in the D League.

Paul Harris was a 6'3 240lb forward who couldn't shoot. You can't begin to compare some of those guys to Hansbrough, Ed Davis, Marv Williams, IMO.

The only Cuse guy who I think really should've found a way to stick in the L is Donte Greene, but questions about work ethic and durability hurt him. Fab Melo was raw as hell and was a headcase. Big problems. Flynn ran into injuries.

Wes Johnson seems to be carving a niche for himself now.

Onuaku, come on :lol:

Dude said Lawson and Green are not better than Wes Johnson and Flynn?

Ima let cuse fans reach cause i defend Roy whenever he gets slandered even though he put numerous amount of players in the league
Wait, Flynn and Wes weren't rated better than Danny and Ty before they went in their respective drafts? :nerd:

Heard Kyle Anderson declared as well on The Herd this morning. No surprise there but I can't wait to see how his game will translate to the league.

Paul Harris was a 6'3 240lb forward who couldn't shoot. You can't begin to compare some of those guys to Hansbrough, Ed Davis, Marv Williams, IMO.

The only Cuse guy who I think really should've found a way to stick in the L is Donte Greene, but questions about work ethic and durability hurt him. Fab Melo was raw as hell and was a headcase. Big problems. Flynn ran into injuries.

Wes Johnson seems to be carving a niche for himself now.

Onuaku, come on :lol:
Craig Brackins, Luke Harangody, Dexter Pittman, Daniel Orton all got drafted in '10 while Onuaku went undrafted. Arinze isn't at least a solid body for fouls, rebounds, or spacing? Exactly what have those guys shown prior to the draft or since the draft that makes them stand out over Onuaku?

I've said before that Wisconsin plays to conservative to beat teams that have more talent than they do, but this year their talent level is really high, the offence is better than ever and it seem like Bo has opened it up a bit, shooting more threes.

They can score on just about anyone, (if they shoot from 3)

I actually like Wisconsin against Arizona, but slightly, defensive rebounding is very strong, (top 10 in the country), good at defending the 3 ( also top 10 ) Arizona offence without brandon ashley depends alot on getting boards and hitting threes.
Arizona is a great defense but they aren't a turnover seeking type.

As long as Wisconsin can control the boards and keep the possession battle close, and keep up the 3 point attempts they should have a really good shot.

But I really can't stress this enough, they need to keep shooting 3's and I don't know if Bo give them the green light.
This is basically what i was getting at with my post..thanks for the intelligent response without jumping down my throat about it 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I understand the decision, no point in staying if he wasn't going to get burn and watch his stock drop all year.

After reading that article, I understand it and actually agree that he should declare. It's not about getting burn, I'm sure he would've played starter minutes, but he wants to play more point. Staying at UCLA won't help him become a better pg, so he might as well bounce

Kyle Anderson's dad told the media last night that Kyle was entering the draft, but that's no surprise as he told them at the beginning of the season he was leaving.

Craig Brackins, Luke Harangody, Dexter Pittman, Daniel Orton all got drafted in '10 while Onuaku went undrafted. Arinze isn't at least a solid body for fouls, rebounds, or spacing? Exactly what have those guys shown prior to the draft or since the draft that makes them stand out over Onuaku?

1. Daniel Orton was a top 20 recruit and was young, people felt he had potential.
2. Luke Harongody scored like a billion point in college, people thought he maybe could become a stretch 4.
3. Craig Brackins better high school pedigree (was at some usa camps), a billion times higher skill level
4. Dexter Pittman had legitimate positional size for C.

Arinze not comparable to any of those guys.

Last edited:
Kyle Anderson's dad told the media last night that Kyle was entering the draft, but that's no surprise as he told them at the beginning of the season he was leaving.

He woulda left after last year but between Larry Drew and Shabazz Muhammad, he barely touched the ball. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom