The College Basketball Post

No doubt Ulis and Booker come back. I think Drew leaves and Aaron comes back. 

If it goes like that, Aaron will be coming off the bench. 

Why is Wisc/UK the title game. That's crazy. Duke had wins over 4 of the Elite 8 teams and they're not contenders. I don't think UK makes the title game. 

Number 5 for Duke. 3 since I've been a fan.......

Got the final four right in 1 out of 5 brackets right. 

Get daily emails with news about sports at Mississippi State. Got one last week talking about how Newman's dad talking about how great the Howland hire is. His dad played for State. It's a nice thought but there's no chance he comes to State. 
Why would booker stay, I think he's a 1st rounder

where do you guys think tyus jones stock is right now? I've always thought he was lottery since the mid point of the season. 

Tyus Jones is going to be in that 10-20 range.

A lot of people are sleeping on Newman. come next year...this board will be slurping him. If he goes to LSU, he'll see some minutes at the 1. Wish you guys could've seen him this past summer running point for team USA. He played brilliantly.

Dude is like a less athletic monte Ellis. Will fill it up and make plays. Simmons, Blakeney and Newman is a crazy trio.

Iff Jarrel Martin and Jordan Mickey stay...look out.

Tyus Jones is going to be in that 10-20 range.

A lot of people are sleeping on Newman. come next year...this board will be slurping him. If he goes to LSU, he'll see some minutes at the 1. Wish you guys could've seen him this past summer running point for team USA. He played brilliantly.

Dude is like a less athletic monte Ellis. Will fill it up and make plays. Simmons, Blakeney and Newman is a crazy trio.

Iff Jarrel Martin and Jordan Mickey stay...look out.
Jarrell Martin is going to draft, Mickey could stay as well as Tim Quarterman

who is LSU's coach? It always seems that they snag up good players consistently but never really do anything in the SEC. Maybe i'm wrong because I don't keep up with them that much.

I'd love to see another talented team full of pro prospects in the SEC facing UK during the season since Florida fell off.

To those questioning the SJU hire of Chris Mullin, I have a message for you.

There are a lot of doubters already of Chris Mullin. Yes he has never been a head coach but those people who are saying he doesn't know how to must not know what kind of a player he was. This is one of the greatest basketball players in the history of our conference. One of the best shooters and play makers in college basketball. His name rings bells. And don't give me this nonsense about kids not knowing who Chris Mullin is! Ask a parent, hit up youtube, do a little research.

Oh he is the all time scorer for St. John's. Oh he played in the NBA for 16 years. Five Time All-Star, Has his number retired by Golden State. Played on some weird squad called the Dream Team.

This is a guy who walked in these kids shoes. He stayed in the gym and put up the shots to become a legend. So here's his pitch, for all the guys saying he can't and won't know how to recruit.

Brandon Sampson, Marcus LoVett, Cheick Diallo, Georgios Papagiannis, Rawle Alkins listen up. I had a chance to go to Duke and Notre Dame, I chose St. John's because I wanted to make the city great. You want to go to the NBA, I can show you how. You want to go to the final four? I can show you how. You want to make a name for yourself, I can show you how. Come to St. John's, it's time to be great again.

WELCOME HOME CHRIS MULLIN.

Bruh that has nothing to do with if he can actually coach or not. A lot of great players have shown to have a terrible understanding of the game outside of actually playing it.

He'll get recruits and SJU will give him a chance to prove himself and that's half the battle but that doesn't mean he can actually handle running a team from the sidelines. With that being said, hopefully it works out because SJU should be a player in the college b-ball scene.

michael jordan was the greatest player ever and i'll 99.999% guarantee he'd make a terrible coach

just because he had a great career doesn't mean it'll translate to coaching.

quite frankly, the guy was a terrible GM, hasn't ever coached a day in his life and has never recruited period. he's unproven as hell and this could be the biggest mistake SJU makes if he flounders. cause quite frankly, if this guy does a poor job, how are you gonna fire your all time scoring leader?

and recruits really dont care about a guy from 30 years ago :lol: they want facilities, quality of life, coaching, development and incentives. Mullin has his hands full and he better bring in Slice if he's gonna recruit well.

^ It's not that great players have a terrible understanding of the game.. its more of great player coaches try to put their players into positions that they would do if they were playing. And more often than not the players don't have the same skill sets as the coach and don't execute. 

^ It's not that great players have a terrible understanding of the game.. its more of great player coaches try to put their players into positions that they would do if they were playing. And more often than not the players don't have the same skill sets as the coach and don't execute. 
it works better when a guy was a point guard since he's the coach on the floor, hence why Mark Jackson and Steve Kerr have had success. Fisher to an extent as well (knicks are trash but i dont see anything Fish does that detracts). I'm just not a fan of bringing in an NBA guy to college when the two are completely different animals. Larry Brown was able to transition since well, he started in college.

Last edited:
We cooled down on Zimmerman, think he's staying west coast, I don't want any parts of him :x

Newman and Maker seem realistic, not sure about Brown yet.
Maker is the most realistic,also don't forget Diallo and Swanigan...Still don't know how I feel about Zimmerman,he will probably stay out West anyway...

it's really just cheap jokes at this point cause like awwsome mentioned the other day, Cal pretty much doesn't need to be shady anymore since what he's created sells itself. but i still wouldnt doubt this dude is dropping briefcases off :lol:

Nah of course.

But like u said, nothing would shock me. Miller at Zona...

it's really just cheap jokes at this point cause like awwsome mentioned the other day, Cal pretty much doesn't need to be shady anymore since what he's created sells itself. but i still wouldnt doubt this dude is dropping briefcases off :lol:

Nah of course.

But like u said, nothing would shock me. Miller at Zona...
yep nothing is shocking anymore. main reason they gotta let these kids sign endorsement deals if there's corporate interest.

if i had to guess, Diallo is gonna go to ISU.

Back
Top Bottom