The College Basketball Post

I think Bentil has surpassed Dunn as Big East Player of the Year... At the rate we're going at we might not even make the tourny tho, must win against G'town Saturday

TMay: I was wrong , this season looks over for your boys
Went from looking like a solid Elite 8 type team to a potential 6-8 seed losing in the first round type of team in a hurry. The team seems to be feeding off of Billy Kennedy's (lack of) energy right now. Still think they have the talent to turn it around, but this slump has been pitiful with the teams they've lost to.

At least I got to watch Chauncey Billups get his jersey retired in Detroit live tonight instead of having to watch us lose another game :pimp:

Last edited:
Wow, Isaiah Whitehead was 7-of-7 from beyond the arc and 8-of-8 from the field for 23 points in the first half against Butler.

3 points in the 2nd half, got completely shut down, and they lost :smh: .. he did have 10 assists though. Game has definitely improved and so has his attitude.

Kara Lawson can get pipe ...here n a sage, Doris, or josina 3some is a movie
pimp.gif
Doris does something for me as well

Josh Jackson to KU starting to heat up 
nerd.gif

Iowa and Oregon last night...these upsets are starting to become less and less surprising.

My prediction for KU/OU this weekend -- (hope I'm wrong)

OU 79

KU 71

Josh Jackson to KU starting to heat up :nerd:

Iowa and Oregon last night...these upsets are starting to become less and less surprising.

OU 79
KU 71

Huge upswing on predictions of Jackson to KU. Selden leaving for the league or Alkins to Zona momentum?

Josh Jackson to KU starting to heat up 
nerd.gif

OU 79
KU 71
Huge upswing on predictions of Jackson to KU. Selden leaving for the league or Alkins to Zona momentum?
I think it's Alkins to Zona momentum.

Hey man tell Bill show us something different and I will change my mind.

Wiggins
Ben Mc
Xavier
Oubre
Rush
Julian wright
Selby
Selden
Micah Downs
JR Giddens

All underachieved at Kansas...you can come up with excuses for bill but players don't max out while there.

Hey man tell Bill show us something different and I will change my mind.

Wiggins
Ben Mc
Xavier
Oubre
Rush
Julian wright
Selby
Selden
Micah Downs
JR Giddens

All underachieved at Kansas...you can come up with excuses for bill but players don't max out while there.
I'm not going to go through each of those players and make an argument, because I agree, some players at KU haven't lived up to the hype. (And also, if you're saying Wiggins, McLemore, X, Rush, Wright didn't live up to the hype, then your expectations are WAY too high. Also, Giddens wasn't his recruit.)

But, let's take a look at other top recruit wings that have failed since Self has at KU...

Byron Eaton

Wayne Ellington

Bill Walker

James Anderson

Ed Davis

Jordan Hamilton

Mouphtaou Yarou

Harrison Barnes

Jelan Kendrick

LeBryan Nash

James McAdoo

Khem Birch

DeAndre Daniels

Marcus Smart

Harrison Twins

Isaiah Hicks

....so, what I'm saying is...is this a Self problem, or simply a problem of high school basketball players not translating "well" (as in "not living up to the hype" or "underachieving") in CBB?

Last edited:
I'm just dumbfounded at putting Wiggins and McLemore on his list.

Wiggins -- 17.1 PPG, 6 RPG

McLemore -- 15.9 PPG, 5.2 RPG

...but Self screwed them up? C'mon man.

Dog, elite recruits should jus steer clear of bill Self. For their own good. Kansas just isn't a good place for a potential one and done.

Back
Top Bottom