The College Basketball Post

Since I'm not on the campus anymore I'm not aware of who or how non athletes get into McCarthy Hall. I know that security is pretty tight to get in their but I"m not sure if they have a front desk attendant who checks people in and out like some of the dorms do.

Reading the police is very confusing but based on that police report it doesn't sound like the players were directly involved. It would appear that, based upon the report they saw the person in question with two other people and that was it. I would hope that after the earlier Bragg incident this team went on heightened alert regarding members of the opposite sex.

KU Athletics was automatically going to get involved as soon as the players were filed under the police report as witnesses. What the term witnesses means for this case moving forward I have no idea but I believe in regards to this case this is a lot of smoke and no fire.

These quotes are directly from Self....

Self on McCarthy incident: "There hasn’t been anything brought to my attention that would keep anybody from playing."

Self adds... "If there was an issue, they wouldn’t be playing."

My guy @TVobach welcome back!

Last edited:
 Sources: Coach K meets with Duke players, bans them from locker room

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, on the mend after back surgery, held a meeting at his house Tuesday night in which he informed players that they were temporarily kicked out of the locker room and also forbidden from wearing Blue Devils  apparel, sources told ESPN.

Sources told ESPN that Krzyzewski has employed this tactic multiple times in the past.

"He wasn't happy," said one source close to the situation. "Especially after the loss to NC State."

Asked how long the penalties would last, a source close to the program said: "Until they start living up to the standards of the Duke program."

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski met with players at his home, sources told ESPN, to impose punishments as the Blue Devils have gone 2-3 during his absence following back surgery. 

After the meeting, the players held a separate players-only meeting, a source told ESPN.

"He needs to do more than just take away their jerseys," added another source close to the program. "There are bigger issues that need to be addressed."

The loss to the Wolfpack was the third defeat in the past four games for the Blue Devils, who blew a late lead in the game that resulted in Duke's first home loss to NC State since 1995. The Blue Devils were the preseason favorite to win the national title, but they have struggled -- even after getting everyone back healthy.

Freshmen Harry GilesJayson Tatum  and Marques Bolden  all missed the beginning of the season. Grayson Allen  was suspended one game by Krzyzewski for his latest tripping incident. Veteran Amile Jefferson  has also missed time.

Duke, however, has still struggled since Jefferson's return from a two-game absence due to injury. After a first half against Miami in which Duke trailed by 11 points, acting coach Jeff Capel sat starters Luke Kennard, Allen and Giles. The team responded with a strong second half that resulted in a victory.

The Blue Devils are 2-3 overall since Krzyzewski took a leave of absence.

Duke will play at Wake Forest on Saturday.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...rs-locker-room-forbids-wearing-school-apparel

well.. ok 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
am i missing something? other than losing some acc games is there something else going on behind the scenes at duke? 

am i missing something? other than losing some acc games is there something else going on behind the scenes at duke? 

if you watched us play...they play with no heart, effort comes and goes, don't play for each other, think that a lot of them think they can just come out there and win based off talent...need a reality check

if you watched us play...they play with no heart, effort comes and goes, don't play for each other, think that a lot of them think they can just come out there and win based off talent...need a reality check
Think they're getting one with these results.. 

He definitely has the talent to be a 1st rounder.

Shot is damn near automatic, got me thinking it's going in every time he pulls up

I know we're still about 2 months out but the biased in these polls is so trash :lol:

Last edited:
Maybe homie was moving them packs after all...

I commend Bragg for playing out of position but this year, so far has been nothing but a disappointment for him on and off the court.

Our chances of winning on Sat just got really, really slim. I for see BAM going off for like 20 and 15 and fouling out our entire front line.

Back
Top Bottom