The College Basketball Post

Don't understand them letting him coach out the season. Thats one big fire in Raleigh.

They better be all over Keatts cause I don't see Archie taking that unless that offer him an ungodly amount

Don't understand them letting him coach out the season. Thats one big fire in Raleigh.

They better be all over Keatts cause I don't see Archie taking that unless that offer him an ungodly amount

Why would he choose to stay at Dayton over State?

Granted, I know the State job has looked glorious on the surface and turned out to be a dumpster fire for everyone who's come through the door (I still remember when they had Sydney Lowe looking like the prodigal son coming home) but it's gotta be better from a resources and national spotlight perspective.

He can do better honestly, and Yow is a ***** to work for from everything that I've seen. It says alot for a guy not wanting to return to his alma mater to coach in the top conference in the nation imo.

State has always thought their coaching positions were more attractive than they really are. Gottfried was their 4th or 5th choice on the last hire if my memory is correct

pretty cool article on harry giles right now on cbssports....really rooting for that kid..basically admits that its been hard mentally...some cool insight

I thought about it last week and the article brought it to light again: what are the chances that Giles stays for his sophomore year?

Not that I think he will, but it wouldn't surprise me if he does, especially if there isn't a significant jump in his play to end the season.

Last edited:
Naw, no way he stays. Why risk potentially hurting his draft stock even more? Word to James Michael McAdoo.

Not surprised by the gottfried firing. 

If the game had been closer last night I guess he could've bought some more time. 

He can recruit, definitely will be another position for him as a HC in the future. 

It should've spoke volumes about his coaching ability that one year State started the season in the top 5, while finishing the season unranked, and bounced outta the first round as an 8 seed. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
i mean you usually take guaranteed money but i think there was an article out how staying wouldn't be so bad because a..next years draft is weak..so if he balls out and does better he can secure a top 5 pick that's way more cash...if he does the same as this year then he will potentially still make a little more cause of the cap going up or whatever...obviously the injury is the huge thing and does he want to bet on himself...he can always take a huge insurance policy too

He can do better honestly, and Yow is a ***** to work for from everything that I've seen. It says alot for a guy not wanting to return to his alma mater to coach in the top conference in the nation imo.

State has always thought their coaching positions were more attractive than they really are. Gottfried was their 4th or 5th choice on the last hire if my memory is correct
i really don't see anything glourious about the job....state is funny man they really think this is still the 80's and this a major job. It's not.

i mean you usually take guaranteed money but i think there was an article out how staying wouldn't be so bad because a..next years draft is weak..so if he balls out and does better he can secure a top 5 pick that's way more cash...if he does the same as this year then he will potentially still make a little more cause of the cap going up or whatever...obviously the injury is the huge thing and does he want to bet on himself...he can always take a huge insurance policy too

It's honestly just not worth the risk. He's one year closer to free agency and a second contract if he leaves this year too. Back of the lotto honestly may be a better look for him. Lower pressure. He's not ready to be "the guy" for a franchise right now or that major cornerstone piece anyways.

Last edited:
hey woody, what was the reason we never went after young?

We did early on when we were on him and Porter.

Just a preference thing. The PG recruiting this year has been a headache and the thing with Trevon could've been done early last year when the kid was begging for an offer and the whole academic thing

We did early on when we were on him and Porter.

Just a preference thing. The PG recruiting this year has been a headache and the thing with Trevon could've been done early last year when the kid was begging for an offer and the whole academic thing

Hopefully its not too late

Back
Top Bottom