The College Basketball Post

Senior or not, he was having a terrible game and his shots weren't falling. But Duke gonna be back though. Even though they losing Bagley, Allen, and prolly Duval, they bringing in Tyus Jones lil brother, Cam Reddish, Zion, and RJ Barrett.

They gonna be a solid top 5 team again next year.

Fool, Duval is gone for sure. Gary Trent probably getting forced out too

Texas Tech squandered their opportunity. Missed numerous layups after successful drives to the basket. Evans in particular had a rough day. Although I recall one high-difficulty shot he hit over Paschall or Spellman (believe it was a left-handed attempt near the cup).

Offensive boards really decided the game in the second half. 20 offensive rebounds with an overall +18 rebounding advantage for Villanova. That's with Bridges and Brunson cold from downtown. Bridges was damn near 45% from deep on the year (on six attempts per game).

DiVincenzo had two nice dunks in the second half.

Self flashing Vick in the middle of Duke's zone was a major key to Kansas' success offensively, besides Newman's heroics. The middle and baseline jumpers will always be open against the 2-3.

Devonte' Graham hasn't even played his best offensively in the tourney thus far. He's due for a Syracuse-type breakout.

Self flashing Vick in the middle of Duke's zone was a major key to Kansas' success offensively, besides Newman's heroics. The middle and baseline jumpers will always be open against the 2-3.

Devonte' Graham hasn't even played his best offensively in the tourney thus far. He's due for a Syracuse-type breakout.

When the tape of the 2 Heels wins is out there of Theo Pinson operating in there, you find your best "all around" guy and do the same. Though this game really came down to Newman I think.

Was very frustrated in our loss seeing Garrison Brooks take open Free Throw line jumpers and wondering why Theo wasn't in the middle of that smaller zone A&M had out there.

Them boys down the road will have a whole new starting 5 next year, so doubt they'll be playing zone.

Hard playing man to man with all freshmen. So many cats lazy defensively coming out of his/aau.

Fool, Duval is gone for sure. Gary Trent probably getting forced out too
Trent for sure gone, he's a late 1st rounder, minimum.

And I highly doubt we'll have to play zone much next year with the guys we have coming in. I'm just aggy that we'll have to play Bolden significant minutes since he's our only true big.

Bench should be fairly solid with Javin and O'Connell, just need Goldwire to not transfer.

Gary is gonna test the waters, he’s as good as gone as Luke was

EJ Montgomery would be a nice addition.

Very happy with the late season improvement of Bolden and I may be in the minority but thought our interior defense needed more of him and less of Javin after Wendell fouled out

Trent is a shooter. He probably isn't going to be a lotto pick, but he provides one of the most coveted skills in basketball. Someone is taking him mid-late first.

Bingo, hard to grow as a defensive unit.
I’ve had to watch Cal start over every year with UK. Even after a whole season Knox still wasn’t playing good D. Green can’t stay in front of anyone. Not a single big knew how to box out other than Vanderbilt, who just has a nose for the ball naturally. SGA only decent man to man defender. Quickest we’ve seen Cal concede and play some zone.

Nothing new here, but watching dudes like Gary Trent the last couple weeks on the big stage shows me more and more how much the NBA needs a real minor league system like baseball if these kids are going to continue to declare.

The kid is gonna have a 12-14 year career and do just fine in the league. He’ll go in the first and get paid. Never gonna be mad at a kid for cashing in on themselves

I actually wasn't referring to Trent making his decision (we all would). Rather was talking about the NBA's perspective. It's time. We need a new system of development for some of these guys. Not all.

It’ll be a mute point in 2020 when the OAD rule is gone. Kids will be more likely to stay in college multiple years and develop I’d think

Why hasn’t the NBA already done this? Can’t be financial reasons. Just imagine if these young athletes breathed fundamentals from 15-19 how much better the game of basketball would be.

After thinking about it maybe the pa is resistant to it since a better pool of fundamentally sound youngsters might shorten the careers of vets since teams could see them as cheaper replacements for guys who are looking for the big paydays later in their careers.

Back
Top Bottom