The College Basketball Post

I think it’s also b/c of a close in the gap of competition in collegiate sports. More kids are able to compete against each other regardless of what school they’re in.
True. I think many NCAA bracketed championships lose track or don't keep track of the seeding. Soccer comes to mind. Top 4 may be seeded but that's it. Maybe I'm getting old and cranky but upsets shouldn't be celebrated from a committee level. They're straight up flaws

If UCI is this good; what about their big west counterpart? The mid majors keep on proving the committee wrong but can't get any benefit of doubt year over year. Belmont barely got in yet over rates big east and pac12 schools get in with ease?

True. I think many NCAA bracketed championships lose track or don't keep track of the seeding. Soccer comes to mind. Top 4 may be seeded but that's it. Maybe I'm getting old and cranky but upsets shouldn't be celebrated from a committee level. They're straight up flaws

If UCI is this good; what about their big west counterpart? The mid majors keep on proving the committee wrong but can't get any benefit of doubt year over year. Belmont barely got in yet over rates big east and pac12 schools get in with ease?

I feel you ... you bring up good points. I think it’s gonna take some time to see some gradual change. The more upsets, the more it’ll make them change their criteria.

Some of the seedings coulda been flipped but the better seeds always gon go to the name/conference recognition schools

Iowa State was always boom or bust. They got a terrible whistle this game IMO. Out of bounds call on Shayok was a 2 point swing and the "kickball" was a 4 point swing. Refs can't be making obvious mistakes like that in such a close game.

Big 10 cleaned up round 1.

Last edited:
I feel you ... you bring up good points. I think it’s gonna take some time to see some gradual change. The more upsets, the more it’ll make them change their criteria.
I gave up on the committee when Monmouth got the shaft a couple years ago and the reasoning was they didn’t win their conference tourney. If that’s the case then why do they even play regular season games?

Villanova over Purdue my biggest play in the Saturday games. Boilermakers too dependent on Carsen. Paschall and Booth get it done for Wright.

Copped pastries for the tourney games. Let’s get this paper, fellas!
38AA0EFB-A2FB-44EF-990F-8DB57B922BA2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom