The College Basketball Post

And Drew doesn't? He's put more players in the NBA the last couple years than in all past years though. I understand he isn't a great X's and O's coach but he wins games and he puts guys into the league.
Ya dudes just take everything I say and always twist it around like it's out of this world wrong, whatever though lol

Simple question, did drews two most heralded recruits miller and jones improve or have their stock drop at baylor? Dude cannot coach

They also mightily underperformed considering their expectations

Miller was coming off a serious injury...and still doesn't appear to be back to full strength.

Perry Jones went to college and came out with the same rep from when he went in - all world talent...doesn't want to be best player on the floor. I guess you can blame Drew from "changing him" but he probably would have coasted in games regardless.

That's why it's probably good he's on a good team and not expected to be someone's franchise player.

Last edited:
I think the man is an idiot often, but Drew's gotta credit for Pierre Jackson likely turning into an NBA PG after being a JUCO kid. Udoh turned into a lotto pick after being a transfer. Quincy Acy is now in the league. Plus the guys been to 2 Elite 8's in the last 3 years. They might under-perform severely a year here and there but it's Baylor.

I think he and Rick Barnes both get the overrated tag thrown on them so much that when you step away it's actually not all that bad. He most likely cheats his *** of and that's where I thought Rook was originally going with his comparison.

AMP, most likely I'm there.

Rodney Hood is gonna be good. Damn good.

No reason Mason shouldn't average 18/10 this season, he'll get the touches.

Josh Hairston is in the best shape he's been in at Duke. Actually hitting contested jumpers.

Sheed is athletic, can play good defense.

Quinn is definitely the starting point guard, looks the best he has since his injury. Him and Mason have good chemistry.

Curry sat out of the scrimmage, precautionary for his leg injury. Marshall is out 4-6 weeks

Any indiana fans here know about ron patterson?
Didnt make the grades. Fool didn't even have the GPA to pass summer classes...

And Hoosiers > every team in the nation. We coming for the ******* this year. Come tourney time, better hope your team doesnt play us dawg

Last edited:
I think the man is an idiot often, but Drew's gotta credit for Pierre Jackson likely turning into an NBA PG after being a JUCO kid. Udoh turned into a lotto pick after being a transfer. Quincy Acy is now in the league. Plus the guys been to 2 Elite 8's in the last 3 years. They might under-perform severely a year here and there but it's Baylor.
I think he and Rick Barnes both get the overrated tag thrown on them so much that when you step away it's actually not all that bad. He most likely cheats his *** of and that's where I thought Rook was originally going with his comparison.
AMP, most likely I'm there.

I hear that...just cant stand the dude

First Team All-SEC
BJ Young – Arkansas, G, 6-3, 180, So., St. Louis, Mo.
Kenny Boynton – Florida, G, 6-2, 190, Sr., Pompano Beach, Fla.
Nerlens Noel – Kentucky, F, 6-10, 228, Fr., Everett, Mass.
Phil Pressey – Missouri, G, 5-11, 175, Jr., Dallas, Texas
Jarnell Stokes – Tennessee, F, 6-8, 270, So., Memphis, Tenn.

Second Team All-SEC
Marshawn Powell – Arkansas, F, 6-7, 240, Jr., Newport News, Va.
Patric Young – Florida, C, 6-9, 249, Jr., Jacksonville, Fla.
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope – Georgia, G, 6-5, 205, So., Greenville, Ga.
Alex Poythress – Kentucky, F, 6-7, 239, Fr., Clarksville, Tenn.
Michael Dixon, Jr. – Missouri, G, 6-1 , 190, Sr., Kansas City, Mo.
Jeronne Maymon – Tennessee, F, 6-7, 260, Sr., Madison, Wis.

SEC Player of the Year: Phil Pressey, Missouri

Preseason Media Poll
Kentucky (17) 328
Florida (5) 310
Missouri (1) 286
Tennessee (1) 269
Arkansas 226
Alabama 222
Ole Miss 186
Georgia 149
Texas A&M 122
Vanderbilt 120
LSU 116
Auburn 95
South Carolina 54
Mississippi State 37

Only 2 Kentucky guys on pre-season teams?

Wonder if Patric Young could turn out like Thomas Robinson if he didnt play with those dudes.

Dominic woodson down to baylor and nc state, behanan is not allowed to talk to the media for the first semester not sure why

Really excited to see Kentavious Caldwell Pope play at the Legends, kid is the goods, wish he was somewhere else than Georgia.

pretty sure he is visiting oklahoma this weekend with julius randle

Woodson announced today he is down to Baylor and NC State and plans to announce in the next week or so. He visited State two weekends ago and just got back from Baylor.

Didnt make the grades. Fool didn't even have the GPA to pass summer classes...

And Hoosiers > every team in the nation. We coming for the ******* this year. Come tourney time, better hope your team doesnt play us dawg
LOL. Wrong. Patterson just got pushed out by Crean. He was eligible by NCAA standards.

Behanan made a bunch of clown comments last year so I'm not surprised that Rick threw the muzzle on him.

Brian Williams is out for the year for Okie St. I imagine Travis Ford's seat is going to get warm this year. Lot of talent in the top end of their rotation but not depth.

Last edited:
Brian Williams is out for the year for Okie St. I imagine Travis Ford's seat is going to get warm this year. Lot of talent in the top end of their rotation but not depth.

I've said all along that team is going to be a sleeper (heck, maybe not even a sleeper) pick to challenge KU's run at consecutive regular season titles. Smart, Nash, & Brown are three of the most talented, athletic guys you will find.

Anyone find that out odd that on the mock ups for the new G'Town jerseys they used 'Jordan' and 23....:nerd:

I've been on the fence with them until now. I can't buy into it. Williams was a pretty valuable piece. Plus nobody around who can make shots and I'm not too big on Marcus Smart playing PG.

I think WVU might sneak up on some people in year 1 in the Big XII.

I thought SDSU led for Isaac Hamilton? He's my favorite of all the Hamilton brothers. If he was 6'7 he'd blow Jordan out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom