The College Basketball Post

Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Embiid, Vonleh and Exum were already more than likely going to go before him. Gordon, Levine and Ennis all have a chance to leap him too with strong finishes to the season and good showings in workouts. You already know somebody is gonna reach like hell for Ennis as the best pure point guard in this draft.

Never heard of Thon Maker, but saw this vid on Deadspin...kid is a 7'1" soph. Gonna be interesting to see how he develops from here on out. That skill set is :wow: right now

Never heard of Thon Maker, but saw this vid on Deadspin...kid is a 7'1" soph. Gonna be interesting to see how he develops from here on out. That skill set is :wow: right now

This Thon Maker hype is hilarious, people just reaching for page veiws, same websites that wil critize him when he doesn't live up to hype that was unwarranted in the first place.

Remember Seventh Woods? Is he still a 6-1 micheal jordan? :lol:

I saw thon maker play once at the international game against the best of his age group, wasn't the top 3 players on the court, probably wasn't the best african center on the court, Chiek Diallo played better.

he's in 10 grade right?

its insane to start the hype now.

I'm all-in on Semaj and Clarky at the next level. Would love to see my dream scenario come to fruition. A team to add both forming their new backcourt. Suns have the resources but not the guard need.

That Chiek Diallo kid is a ******* beast too for the record.

You can still appreciate the potential Thon has as well though.

Who cares what he said?

millions of dollars are on the line, pushing is indefensible regardless of what he said.
whose millions? the ncaa? the team's? everyone but the players who are the ones generating all that money, yet they're the ones getting treated like complete **** by some of these people in the stands. millions of dollars aint got nothing to do with someone denying you of your dignity. all bets are off

i touched on it briefly earlier, but what i find especially offensive is all these older white men pontificating how a young black man should "behave" himself in light of another old white man taunting him. it ain't your place buddy, especially if some kind of racial insult was thrown around

Sim Bhullar (sp?) = OKB hype train...

Thon = meh

didn't say meh, still the top prospect in his class by every ranking, I'm simply cautioning you from thinking that what a guy does in a mixtape actually tells you what his skill set is.

because of team canada I have the opportunity to watch guys like seventh woods and thon maker, im telling you that against the best of his age groups he looked like a tall kid with good athleticsm and and coordination, but very soft, and liked shooting 3's some

he bricked all his 3's, missing some badly, he turned the ball over evrytime he tried any dribble moves on the perimeter, and he was completely allergic to the paint and rebounding.

being 7-1 and coordinated makes you an elite prospect, the potential is obvious im just telling you its farther away then that hoop mixtape makes it out to be.

EDIT.

suggesting a 7-4 guy has an outside chance to play in the league = hype oh okay. :lol:

Last edited:
For all you hoop mix tape scouts: Seventh Woods is the 18th ranked prospect according to ESPN.

His hoopmixtape has 10 million views.

the exploitation is wild. :lol:

can't wait for the articles in 2017: is Thon Maker overrated??? Seventh Woods: college bust???

Last edited:
18th ranked is good tho :lol:

Speaking of recruiting ..what class is those NC guards in...I don't know their names I just remember a vid of them posted on here like a year or two ago...think it was 3 of them

Last edited:
18th ranked is good tho :lol:

Speaking of recruiting ..what class is those NC guards in...I don't know their names I just remember a vid of them posted on here like a year or two ago...think it was 3 of them

didn't say it wasn't good, but do you rember when that video dropped, it was on ESPN, they said is he the next wiggins, bari, durant.

they use these kids to get page views, hype them up without watching them play, then when they are 18th prospect instead of the number 1 they start tearing them down. :lol:

didn't say it wasn't good, but do you rember when that video dropped, it was on ESPN, they said is he the next wiggins, bari, durant.

they use these kids to get page views, hype them up without watching them play, then when they are 18th prospect instead of the number 1 they start tearing them down. :lol:

Seventh Woods = Gabe York lite

It's crazy talking about this topic after finishing the Lenny Cooke documentary. Such a sad sad affair that we see happening to this day: hyping up prospects so young and letting it get to their head.

Thank god we have the 1 year rule in place or else we'd see sooooooooo many more Lenny Cooke's out there. If you haven't seen it, please do. Real sad.

Smart will be good. Learning experiance.

Now Selection sunday around the corner. Predictions for number 1 seeds?

Cuse, Zona, Florida, Kansas (Will end up making a run SELF is a beast.)

Honestly barring any teams dropping a few games in the next few weeks, I think it goes:

East #1: Cuse
Midwest #1: Wichita (think they'll be unbeaten)
West: Zona
South: Florida

Obviously Kansas can make a play as well as SDSU if they win out.

This tournament is going to be so crazy. I was looking at some predicted brackets and tried to fill one out just for fun and damn man was it hard to do.

St. John's saving their season tonight.

Winning at Nova would make life a lot easier as well. Wish we had one more shooter.

Osh kosh wasn't saying nothing bout hype when wiggins was supposed to be the next lebron tho based off some mixtapes as well :lol:

N 7th woods is a beast, F the rankings :pimp:

Keep falling, Sparty. 2 or 3 line is perfect by me. Let Dawson, Appling, Payne get healthy. Don't want anyone else riding with Izzo's boys come March.

Back
Top Bottom