The College Basketball Post

It's ridiculous the local talent that both Gtown and md has let slip away in the past 10 years tho.

Eh, not really. Nobody locks up their own backyard anymore. Assistants leave regions to be the recruiter for that region. Everyone recruits nationally, everyone is on TV. Markelle Fultz is leaving DeMatha to go play at a **** UW program across the country. Just how it is now. I mean, Georgetown has plenty of talent this year and it's from South Carolina, Chicago, North Carolina, NYC and Indianapolis.

Georgetown does have a $62 million dollar facility completed next fall. But I'm not naive, we're not on ESPN anymore, haven't won anything meaningful in the post-season since 2007. Next 2 years will tell a lot, it should be a Top 10-15 quality team again.

somehow Jeff Green got denied at MD but wound up at Gtown.

Nope, but Maryland at the time would tell you Greg Whittington couldn't get in either. Yet somehow Diamond Stone made it now. Funny how that goes.

Last edited:
“At the end of the day,’’ Calipari said, “I just ask you this, ‘Who won the national title three years ago? Two years ago? Six years ago?’’

There were no answers from the crowd of about 200 coaches.

“Who won their first 38 games?’’ Calipari said. “Twenty years from now, they’re going to say, what team did that 38 and 0 at the start of the season? You’ll go, ‘Oh, that’s Kentucky.’ ”

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

“At the end of the day,’’ Calipari said, “I just ask you this, ‘Who won the national title three years ago? Two years ago? Six years ago?’’

There were no answers from the crowd of about 200 coaches.

“Who won their first 38 games?’’ Calipari said. “Twenty years from now, they’re going to say, what team did that 38 and 0 at the start of the season? You’ll go, ‘Oh, that’s Kentucky.’ ”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Cal wants that 40-0 so bad it's killing him,just give us another championship my dude...

So Cal is cool with losing that 1 game when it matters the most and being denied a national championship? Sounds like he's more concerned with his brand than anything else.

Any other coach would have said that a 38 game winning streak doesn't mean @#$% if they don't end up winning it all at the end.

SMU:

Post-season ban this year. Larry Brown suspended for 30% of games, 9 scholarship losses over 3 years. Damn.

That is/was going to be a really good team again this year, too.

Last edited:
So Cal is cool with losing that 1 game when it matters the most and being denied a national championship? Sounds like he's more concerned with his brand than anything else.

Any other coach would have said that a 38 game winning streak doesn't mean @#$% if they don't end up winning it all at the end.

But it's Cal so it's cool. Last time I checked you didn't get rings or banners simply for winning 38 straight games. :smh:

SMU:

Post-season ban this year. Larry Brown suspended for 30% of games, 9 scholarship losses over 3 years. Damn.

That is/was going to be a really good team again this year, too.
That's a pretty tough penalty. 

Speaking of Greg....still as talented and dumb as ever.

Supposedly has spent pre-season on-court giving Justise that work which isn't surprising. Off the court...he's still being Greg :smh:

Last edited:
But it's Cal so it's cool. Last time I checked you didn't get rings or banners simply for winning 38 straight games. :smh:
It's no secret Cal talks alot. When you talk alot you say stupid things. Only UK fans will remember last season and it won't be with some great fondness. They fell short of immortality. We move on.

Miami is without question the worst NBA city for him to end up in. Their D-League affiliate is Sioux Falls so that'll be better if he sticks with it. :lol:

How on earth does the NCAA crack the whip on smu for recent dirt...and UNC just got a 20 year culture of dirt exposed...but no penalties?

These good ole boy networks behind the scenes must be serious. Any other school gets caught with what UNC did and they get the death penalty without question

Last edited:
How on earth does the NCAA crack the whip on smu for recent dirt...and UNC just got a 20 year culture of dirt exposed...but no penalties?

These good ole boy networks behind the scenes must be serious. Any other school gets caught with what UNC did and they get the death penalty without question

:smh: :smh:

NCAA won't touch UNC or Coach K. I still want answeres for Lance Thomas' $100k jewelry gate......

Last edited:

I think because the UNC issue is across multiple sports. But that's just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom