The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

yeah, i think he’s from that area. i was gonna suggest the same thing. dude is kinda irritating and so is that whole googan squad bunch but my kid likes to watch them and they’re def getting paid.

Forgot to mention that too.. dudes kinda annoying and his lisp kills me sometimes lol. Nonetheless knowledgeable.

His sister fine though :lol:

i like watching these morning tide guys on youtube. they use spinning gear to catch big fish from shore. they remind me of when i first started fishing for trevally and a few times, i jumped off the coral shelf and swam with my rod so the fish wouldn’t cut me off 😂 i don’t do that anymore. if i lose the fish, i lose the fish 🤷🏻‍♂️ doesn’t stop me from swearing like a sailor when i get cut off though.

The most important thing is to go fish.

these dudes on Youtube have good tips but do your thing. I’ll throw a topwater bait when it’s cold af and still land bass contrary to what youtube says.

Man I would be getting hurt so much fishing there. I already leave covered in mud and falling down hills and **** fishing here. Gotta get to the spots.

Caught my first Cabezon last weekend

SmartSelect_20201228-173416_Instagram.jpg

I used to have a Mahi Mahi plug, he'd go on vacation every year to the Gulf of Mexico & give away a bunch of of filets.
Couple dinks, caught a bunch more bass one was decent. Big *** crappie, can’t tell from the pic. Northern pic is edited for gore. Hooked myself through the finger when he went ham on me. :lol:

D56ACBDE-6882-490D-AAE5-2817D4CCF235.jpeg
1AC3DB6E-7CAB-4C27-B604-A1DFD9AC1014.jpeg
828AE088-53DE-4A9A-AED9-0A1B5A94EBB8.jpeg
Handsome.

Ever try the boundary waters? Fishing heaven!

no, I need to go up there though. I rarely make it up north. my boy's gf has a place not to far from there by voyageurs national park on a lake. the fishing up there is crazy from what I hear, every other cast is a huge small mouth or big northern from the pics he shows me.

I need to make time to go with him this summer.

Any of you guys fish for trout?

I never have but I just ordered an ultralight setup.

what lures do you go with for streams? Thinking maybe wax worms on a jig head and maybe buy a couple in line spinners to start.

Yup those would work, trouts always more finicky and I feel it’s sometimes luck. I’ve caught them on a lot of different lures but online spinners the most after the float and fly technique with a clear bubble

thanks man, yeah I’ll start there then.

aren’t you supposed to push down the barbs on the hook when you fish for trout?

thanks man, yeah I’ll start there then.

aren’t you supposed to push down the barbs on the hook when you fish for trout?
Yes for catch and release , also if the body of water has special regulations requiring . Good luck .. red wing has the year round open fishing at the pond next to the Mississippi

Yes for catch and release , also if the body of water has special regulations requiring . Good luck .. red wing has the year round open fishing at the pond next to the Mississippi

word, yeah that’s another reason I wanted to get into it. Get some fishing in during the winter.

me and my boy were planning on hitting whitewater park and maybe the vermillion river since I know it’s stocked.

mplsdunk mplsdunk depends what trout you are going for. The last 2-3 years of trout fishing I found that the fluorescent orange powerbait dough is killer for Rainbows/Goldens and Spinners (Mepps Aglia original is my favorite) for Browns and Brookies.

mplsdunk mplsdunk depends what trout you are going for. The last 2-3 years of trout fishing I found that the fluorescent orange powerbait dough is killer for Rainbows/Goldens and Spinners (Mepps Aglia original is my favorite) for Browns and Brookies.

dude, I love aglia's probably the most versatile lure their is. you can catch anything with them depending on the size you use.

I think its stocked with mostly browns where I'm trying to go.

The browns and brookies will crush that Aglia. Hopefully you're able to hook into a nice hold over Brown. They are so much fun and grow very big (30+Inches). Unfortunately, around my area, they only stock the browns in catch and release streams and they are usually packed with people looking for a trophy.

Back
Top Bottom