The hate for successful minorities is strong... SMH

happened to me once. in small town where there is like < 5% minorities.

when I gave him my license and registration, he stared at it. then he recognized my last name and told me to have a good night. [my brother works for law enforcement there].

tried to say I was going 70 on a 55. I had the cruise control set at 60. I didn't argue with him though.

I got pulled over Thanksgiving night because of my tinted windows. The cop asked me repeatedly if the car was mine. I think the question is more a nice car thing rather than a race thing. 

I've been in that situation before. One day I was out running errands with my brother and his friend. Three black guys in the car. We were driving on the highway in our city, doing like 6 mph over the speed limit with about 5 cars surrounding us. Out of all the cars the cop pulls over the three black guys in a new BMW. We werent even the easiest car to pull over, he had to pass two of the speeders behind us to reach us and didnt even go for the car that was the leader of the pack. So it was obvious. First time i've seen a black man properly chew out a cop without getting arrested. He fought the ticket later and won.

Still just sad, our completion is a target. College kid, insurance company worker, and a designer.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Racial/Age profiling. I've had it happen to white friends also.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They were probably truly drawing attention to themselves, like doing 80 in a 45, all hanging out the window yelling "WE'RE GOING TO
COMMIT CRIMES", while waving guns in the air.

The earlier poster tennhouse was there for this one, one time me and three friends were pulled over after coming from this cowboy dance hall club. One of the cops asked my mexican friend after he took up all our texas ids, if my mexican friend was legally here, and handcuffed and put one of my other friends in the squad car for simply asking "what did we do wrong". worsts *%*! id seen in a while.

Most of the time its a race thing some of the times its a jealousy thing.

Its always amusing when i order delivery they double take and ask me "did you order a pizza?" Like I dont live here word to 10 minutes ago
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

Most of the time its a race thing some of the times its a jealousy thing.

Its always amusing when i order delivery they double take and ask me "did you order a pizza?" Like I dont live here word to 10 minutes ago
laugh.gif
Like when michael rapaport delivered that notice on friday after next. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

happened to me once. in small town where there is like < 5% minorities.

when I gave him my license and registration, he stared at it. then he recognized my last name and told me to have a good night. [my brother works for law enforcement there].

tried to say I was going 70 on a 55. I had the cruise control set at 60. I didn't argue with him though.
So it really didnt happen to you.

You were speeding and he caught you. How is this racial profiling??  Going 60mph in a 55mph is speeding which give cops cause, to pull you over

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

I've been in that situation before. One day I was out running errands with my brother and his friend. Three black guys in the car. We were driving on the highway in our city, doing like 6 mph over the speed limit with about 5 cars surrounding us. Out of all the cars the cop pulls over the three black guys in a new BMW. We werent even the easiest car to pull over, he had to pass two of the speeders behind us to reach us and didnt even go for the car that was the leader of the pack. So it was obvious. First time i've seen a black man properly chew out a cop without getting arrested. He fought the ticket later and won.

Still just sad, our completion is a target. College kid, insurance company worker, and a designer.

So how is this racial profiling?? You admitted to speeding and you there were 3 people int he car.. i would pull you over to make sense.. why pull over 1 person in car, pull over 3 and you might hit something big whether your white or black

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Monta, I do agree with the fact that people buy nice looking cars for stunting purposes. If they were the only person in the world they damn sure wouldn't have it. Luxury items are bought for status purposes. There can be other reasons as well, they can like nice things, but remember that the definition of nice is a social construct.

I disagree. Yes, getting attention definitely plays some role into it, but it's not 100% about attention for some people. You probably already know this, but I've loved cars since I was in elementary school. Before I liked girls, before I wanted money, before people told me it was cool to have a bunch of friends, the thing I wanted most in life was a Lamborghini Diablo.

Part of the reason why I want one so much IS because it's so hard to get. It's virtually unattainable, and I view that as a challenge. Some might see this as a status symbol... but honestly I'd be that dude in a nice car and clothes from Marshalls. That, and I like fast things. If I was the only person in the world, best believe I would have a super nice car. In fact, I'd rather own a supercar in a desolated area, just so I could speed and avoid other people (and hence, drive faster).

Originally Posted by sosmoove

Originally Posted by scshift

Do they do this outside of America? Or I mean, is it as bad?

I've been all over. Please believe me when I say that Americans are THE most racist towards us. Incredible.

Not sure if this was clear, but I'm Asian, I know a lot of the posters in this thread are talking about their experiences as blacks. Either way, I'd rather be in a place where no one was blatantly racist or jealous (which I know is unavoidable, but it's probably better in some places).

^^^Sometimes that subdued underhanded racism is worse than outright blatant racism. Sounds weird, but pretty true.

Back
Top Bottom