The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orlando just need to go back to these

1589170417512.jpeg

I didn't know who the hell Trey Lance was until his highlights popped up on my youtube.

He is nasty. How the hell a dude like that not go to a big school?

I'm a fan. If Jimmy implodes this year, imma need Lynch to make a move.

some dudes just fall through the cracks.. I know with QBs you gotta go to those passing camps and all that shh and spend a crack ton of money that some folks just don’t have

but North Dakota state got a power house going.. but with like wentz, dude went from 5’8 as a freshman playing DB to 6’5 by senior year plus was a local kid.. I’m sure we’ll get dude’s story real quick

Honestly, don’t wanna judge dude too tough considering what he has had to work with

But I really don’t know.. it ain’t like with mitch where he has pieces to work with and creative offensive coaches
He hasn’t looked the part yet. But I wonder how much of his struggles are organizational issues. That team has had trouble finding stability at the qb position for ages.
The reason I ask is that there seems to be a consensus on other sites that you can’t even criticize Darnold because of the surrounding situation. Which I couldn’t disagree with more. Yes his surrounding talent has been really bad. But special QBs still show something. Not to mention he had the same problem throwing too many picks in college.

The reason I ask is that there seems to be a consensus on other sites that you can’t even criticize Darnold because of the surrounding situation. Which I couldn’t disagree with more. Yes his surrounding talent has been really bad. But special QBs still show something. Not to mention he had the same problem throwing too many picks in college.

I don’t think he’s special.. or on that level of a handful of guys

but there are literally only a handful of guys in that group

even at his best, you’ve hoping for a Goff like situation

but when I think of special, I think of someone like russ who’s going succeed.. obviously you want better things around them but they could survive with less and make up for deficiencies

I still just don't know how the hell we didn't make at least one Super Bowl :smh:

Maybe I'm biased, or maybe I'm delusional. If Darnold doesn't take that 'classic' Year 3 jump, I'm still not writing him off.

- He's 23 years old
- He had a defensive HC his rookie year with a poor receiving core
- Last year mono & still played fairly decent down the stretch WITH dog **** offensive line play.
- The caveat here is Adam Gase. He's a poor HC. He's not an offensive guru like he claims to be. He's a stubborn man who won't bring on a REAL OC or a ******* QB coach..... get my drift here?

No doubt Year 3 Darnold will have his best weaponry; WR's, a healthy Herndon at TE, on and IMPROVED BLOCKING FROM HIS OFFENSIVE LINE! Yes, at some point you need to start saying "If not now, then when?" I don't disagree there. I'm just not ready to do it yet.

Losing Enunwa is huge. Darnold is gonna have a **** WR corps again. Albeit a different type of **** but still ****

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

He gets underrated a bit imo but he was elite for a long time and a huge part of that defense during the first run.

Would love to see him get a gold jacket next, been a finalist the last 2 years. Same thing happened with Law before he got in last year

Home teams about to have their best records in NFL history if this starts happening..

From Peter King:

"I think there’s more than one NFL team right now thinking that, in the age of the virus, any road trip that is a two-hour flight or shorter will be day-of-game travel.

As of now, the league has every road team go in the day before to make sure weather doesn’t interfere with any game.

Last week I wrote about how this is an imperfect season and teams had better get used to it, and this falls into that category. It’s inconvenient and not altogether restful for the Bears to have 6 a.m. wakeup calls in Chicago, hustle to the airport for an 7:15 a.m. charter to Detroit, land at 9:15 a.m. with the time change and get to the stadium at 10:15 a.m. for the 1 p.m. game. But life won’t be perfect for the 256 road teams in 2020 . . . if the NFL allows day-of-game travel, figuring it’s better to avoid hotels and hotel meals and a couple of extra bus rides than to just stay at home most Saturday nights."

if you trying get any sorta discount on a QB contract you gotta pay when the guy becomes eligible

if you don’t believe in the guy, you’re better off seeing what you can get in trade

QBs get paid, you’re just trying limit cap hits

tbh I stopped listening to you when you said Sisqo was better than Usher

I said that?

Sisqó has two albums and three group albums

Usher has five or six good or great projects.

I listen to both often though so I’m good with either

some dudes just fall through the cracks.. I know with QBs you gotta go to those passing camps and all that shh and spend a crack ton of money that some folks just don’t have

but North Dakota state got a power house going.. but with like wentz, dude went from 5’8 as a freshman playing DB to 6’5 by senior year plus was a local kid.. I’m sure we’ll get dude’s story real quick

Wow never heard of kid he looks nice. He looks like a first rounder.

it baffles me like yall have no idea how the nfl has not capitalized on throwbacks. irks the **** out of me. instead of color rush for tnf, it should be throwbacks for tnf. its that simple. cot dammit.

Home teams about to have their best records in NFL history if this starts happening..

From Peter King:

"I think there’s more than one NFL team right now thinking that, in the age of the virus, any road trip that is a two-hour flight or shorter will be day-of-game travel.

As of now, the league has every road team go in the day before to make sure weather doesn’t interfere with any game.

Last week I wrote about how this is an imperfect season and teams had better get used to it, and this falls into that category. It’s inconvenient and not altogether restful for the Bears to have 6 a.m. wakeup calls in Chicago, hustle to the airport for an 7:15 a.m. charter to Detroit, land at 9:15 a.m. with the time change and get to the stadium at 10:15 a.m. for the 1 p.m. game. But life won’t be perfect for the 256 road teams in 2020 . . . if the NFL allows day-of-game travel, figuring it’s better to avoid hotels and hotel meals and a couple of extra bus rides than to just stay at home most Saturday nights."

Every team is literally going to be 8-8. Roger's wet dream. :lol:

it baffles me like yall have no idea how the nfl has not capitalized on throwbacks. irks the **** out of me. instead of color rush for tnf, it should be throwbacks for tnf. its that simple. cot dammit.

yup.. and then you do the color rush on Sunday night or Monday night

but some teams should be using their throwbacks as their regular joints anyways

So there’s a ludicrous Seahawks trade rumor floating around right now... not holding out hope it’s true but would be absolutely hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom