The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single player deserved the contract they were given considering the circumstances......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sweet, we switched from winning a Super Bowl to deserving the highest contracts. Thank you for telling me.

% of cap in the SB since Young in 94. I don't know what Brady was in 2018 but likely in the same 8-9% range. Mahomes was around 1-2%.

1589310483156.png

Yes, from 1994 to 2020, Eli Manning in 2011 was the highest%.

You can do the same thing for pretty much every skill position player that was the highest paid from 14-19 and the majority of them weren't SB winners.

So **** it. Pay nobody

"They made the Conference Championship....."

Cool. We moved the goalposts again. Whew.

Matt Ryan needed to hold onto that lead, and even then, he would have been the outlier.

Wentz on a rookie deal had an MVP season to put them in position for that run though

Ummmmmmmmmm.. you realize who you’re responding to, right?

we don’t win the super bowl without the season wentz had.. we had division and home field almost locked up.. which gave coaches and foles a glorified preseason at the end of the season

but we had money tied up into the position, which was the point of my post

How are the goalposts moving if he literally says conference championships in the post that was quoted?

You can do the same thing for pretty much every skill position player that was the highest paid from 14-19 and the majority of them weren't SB winners.

So **** it. Pay nobody

At this point I think you're kinda missin some of the points.

I am pro players getting paid. **** the owners forever. That's not my argument.

The point is, the ones that try to take every single penny, come up short. Have for a long time. That's why teams are tearing themselves apart to get rookie QB deals year after year. The "new era" so to speak.

It's why Ben and Brady won as babies, but when they started to "earn" their value, their real money, the winning stopped. Same with Russ in back to back Super Bowls at 3rd round money, and now he's not sniffin Super Bowls despite being a much better QB today than he was in 13-14.

That is the point.

Me personally, I call it the Flacco rule. Made the SB broke boy, won the damn thing, got paid, lost half his roster, and never sniffed it again. Now the same franchise has a rookie QB deal, and their team is ****in LOADED again. Someday, Lamar gonna be up for that raise, he gon take a huge chunk, and half that roster will be gone again.

(*Brady of course is the difference, as he takes less money every single year and the Pats have benefited off that, forever. Had he taken #1-#2 type money as he "deserved" he doesn't have 4-5-6 etc. )

Ummmmmmmmmm.. you realize who you’re responding to, right?

we don’t win the super bowl without the season wentz had.. we had division and home field almost locked up.. which gave coaches and foles a glorified preseason at the end of the season

but we had money tied up into the position, which was the point of my post
Even with that said,you guys still ranked 25th out of 32 teams in % of the cap going to QB's though

Roseman was still able to add talent across the board largely thanks to the franchise guy being on his rookie deal and balling out before cashing out ala Russ and Mahomes

Even with that said,you guys still ranked 25th out of 32 teams in % of the cap going to QB's though

Roseman was still able to add talent across the board largely thanks to the franchise guy being on his rookie deal and balling out before cashing out ala Russ and Mahomes

we added some key cheap vets at the end of free agency that paid out for us

but chip screwed our cap with some of his deals and we had the dead money cap hits of Bradford and chase

that’s why I’m not worried with us now paying wentz.. we’ve always been paying QBs decently as far as allotments

From what I can find this was the eagles 2017 cap hits for QBs:

daniel: $7,000,000 (dead cap)
wentz: $6,062,804
Bradford: $5,500,000 (dead cap)
Foles: $1,600,000
Suddeld: $285, 882

Last edited:
Whats the chances yall think Watson might bounce from the texans once his contract up? Or leave the Texans in general

This exactly proves the point. :lol:

not really.. just imagine how bad those teams would be without those guys

and they were/are making the playoffs with them

like with elway in the 80s a great QB can make up for a lot, but there is still only so much they can do

Whats the chances yall think Watson might bounce from the texans once his contract up? Or leave the Texans in general

low, since they can just franchise him.. so they still control things for 4 more years (next year, pick up 5th year option and then franchise him twice)

I think the limit is 2 times for franchise tag now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom