the Official Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao thread March 13 2010

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Gunna, you cant honestly believe there's a better defensive fighter in the game right now better than PBF.

that guy said ever.

Ok I disagree with him but Top 10 defensive of the fighters all time that I have seen in my opinion..

laugh.gif
@ everyone sleeping on floyd... lets not forget before heretired he was the best p4p fighter out there.... everyone was asking who should he fight next... and they said it should be cotto and pacman wasnt even onthe radar... pacman is definitely the best p4p right now but to say that he will dominate floyd and beat him convincingly is ignorant...floyd has never foughtsomeone like pacman but pacman has never fought someone like floyd... pbf defense is impeccable and he cant be touched and this is why his face look cleanafter the fight... hes a smart dude... he will use the shoulder roll and will let the oppontent have a 1-2 combo max before clinching... he knows how tocounter very well and he frustrates who hes fighting by all the clinching... manny is fast and powerful but he wont be using those flurries with mayweatherbecause he will just be grappled asap...i think mayweather will win this fight by split decision... and it will definitely be a close one... there wont be anyknockouts in this fight thats for sure...floyd is definitely a boring fighter but he does what he does to win fights... he gets his opponents to throw morepunches but land much less and a lot less power punches...look at his stats at the end of his fights... he knows what hes doing...if your expecting floyd totrade blows with manny its not going to happen...hes going to play defense all day... and if manny forces the pressure floyd will counter and then clincheverytime....

Dear Floyd,

Yo, Money… it's been awhile.

How's it going? I hope things are well.

Listen, as much as I'd like to just catch up on things and chat about nonsense for a bit, there are a couple things from over the weekend it seems likea good time to address.

I'm sure by now you've gotten wind of what went on at the MGM in Vegas on Saturday night.

That Pacquiao kid. Yes, him. He was in the ring again. Beat up Miguel Cotto for most of 12 rounds and looked good doing it. Damned good, in fact.

And even though most people sort of saw it coming, it was still pretty impressive.

So now, like it does whenever a guy within 10 pounds of welterweight wins a fight, the pack of wolves reticent to sing your praises is off and howling abouthow this one is the best in the business.

Not only in the sport today.

But in the discussion with guys like Duran and Chavez and Henry Armstrong.

Now I know what you're thinking, champ. You're bigger than all that. You've been a world champion for more than a decade. You whipped everyonethey put in front of you. Including a guy that went life and death with him twice. And trust me, I agree with you. To me, you're clearly the best of thisgeneration and among the best of any before it. No questions asked.

But even with all that, it's still a little troubling to watch.

Because the more he marches around saying he's the best, and the more the cable apologists smile and parrot it back - just like they did when he beat acouple other cadavers from your closet - the more the unsophisticated, "I get my opinions from ESPN" fan is going to believe it.

Perceptions have a way of becoming reality, especially with the short-attention span set. And now that he's beaten three made-to-order guys thateveryone's heard of, it's being driven that much deeper. But there's one way you can head it off at the pass, champ. And that's really whyI'm writing.

I want you to make the fight. I want you to call out Pacquiao.

Most of all, I want you to beat him.

It's not because he's a bad guy or anything. Heck, he seems decent enough. He was classy and professional during the run-up to Saturday's fight.He surely works hard and gets himself into peak shape. And he's definitely been entertaining to watch whenever I've seen him fight.

He beat an elite fighter in Cotto on Saturday.

I thought going in that he'd win, but he was probably even better than I imagined he'd look. No question, he earned my respect by pulling offsomething I wasn't positive he was capable of and he'll surely be a tough mountain for you to climb, maybe the toughest you've ever considered.

But there's a big gap between an all-time good (him) and all-time great (you).

And you're the only one who can prove it.

I know what you're thinking, champ. In a perfect world, where analysts put personalities aside gave due to guys who'd earned it, your status wouldbe secure. But we both know it's not.

And as long as he wears a crown at 147, the Filipino's sycophants will fire up their little blogs, draw up their own history and once again claim youprotected assets by taking the paths you chose.

They'll say you reveled in the easy fights. They'll allege you ducked the hard ones. They'll insist the dominance you showed while racking uptitles was more a product of limited challengers than it was the sheer brilliance of a premier champion. It'll tarnish your legacy. And as it does,it'll piss me off again.

So as much as anything, champ, I'm asking for this as a favor.

Ring up your publicists and ask them to release your statement. Say that you'll take the fight on whatever terms are offered. A down-the-middle pursesplit. Whatever brand of gloves he chooses. And heck, even let him take the ring walk last as if he's earned the honor you'd legitimately deserve.

Do whatever it takes for you to get your hands on him.

Then go out there for 36 minutes and show once again what you and I already know.

Video games come and go. Greatness lasts forever.
Best,
Lyle

Originally Posted by AG 47

Yall _'s just gone act like Mayweather ain't got power? Like he ain't the bigger man?
I actually said Mayweather has underrated power in the other thread. I dont think he's as strong as Cotto. I do think he can catch and hurtManny with counter punches.

And yes it would be foolish for Mayweather to fight Pac's game. Your not gonna win a fight trading punches with Manny.

Manny will win this fight if its a brawl. All Floyd has to do is box efficiently for 12 rds and its an easy win for him, imo.

The problem with Floyd is he cares more about money than boxing, so he doesn't care if he fights the best fighters. I feel the exact same way RA the RuggedMan feels. Roy Jones is the perfect example.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

I feel the exact same way RA the Rugged
Man feels. .

Dude was speaking the truth in that segment. To be the best you have to fight the best. Floyd's skill level is so great, it's a shame he doesn'tchallenge himself the way other great fighters do.

http://www.dallasnews.com...dnspoboxing.3355bd5.html

Cowboys Stadium in running to host Pacquiao-Mayweather[h5][size=-1]08:30 PM CST on Monday, November 16,2009[/size][/h5][size=-1]By CARLOS NAVA / Al Dia
[email protected]
[/size]
Cowboys Stadium remains a strong candidate for a possible bout between boxers Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr., Top Rank Promotions confirmed.

Lee Samuels, public relations director for Top Rank, which represents Pacquiao, said Monday that negotiations with Golden Boy Promotions, Mayweather'spromoter, could begin this week and that the tentative fight date is March 13.

Pacquiao defeated Miguel Cotto via 12th-round TKO on Saturday inLas Vegas to win the World Boxing Organization's welterweight championship - the seventh title of his career. Top Rank vice president Bruce Tramplerpreviously told Al Dia that Cowboys Stadium would be a strong candidate for a Mayweather fight if Pacquiao defeated Cotto.

Samuels said Yankee Stadium in New York and Sam Boyd Stadium in LasVegas also are among the facilities interested in the fight, which is expected to be the biggest-drawing bout in history.

Cowboys Stadium could have an edge on other stadium candidates because its retractable roof protects against the elements.

Originally Posted by 430AM

Real talk, if they matched up who would be favored??? I'm talking betting odds here...
laugh.gif

I'm thinking Mayweather cause of the simple fact that he's undefeated... But Manny is a beast and hasn't been an underdog in the last 5 years... It would be crazy tho if Vegas made both sides even money for this fight.

What do ya'll think???
actually he was a underdog against dlh
won about 1500 on that

*copies and saves some epic lines in here...will be waiting for that perfect time to use them*

and I do agree on Gunna's insights.

I don't understand how some of you guys can support Mayweather. Dude absolutely disgusts me. "if i leave boxing, boxing will die" %%#%@.
Sure he's "talented" but he's taken the safe road his whole career. Coupled with the fact that he is one of the most boring boxers ever, willbe the reason
he gets so much disrespect in the boxing community

I like pacquaio and all but floyd will punish that boy.. ill bet anyone on this site money.

^^ your about to bet against every Philippino on this site, which is like 80% of the site's population.

Thats funny that he says all that. He obviously does not know manny and how humble he is. Manny wont talk trash if you force him. The thing is I havent seenhim challenge anyone yet or say who he wants to fight next. Either way its pac or mosley and both fights will be very tough for him. Hes got no where else togo and he should just accept the fight and get paid. He just sounds like he's making excuses to me.

im a manny fan but its way to tough to call. win or lose i just want to see floyd get beat up.

My friend of mine who is a psychic says yes this fight will happen next year.

Pacquiao VS Mayweather around the Summer of 2010.

This is a very. very. very, VERY DANGEROUS fight for Mayweather.

Mayweather loses via TKO!

Originally Posted by envasian

My friend of mine who is a psychic says yes this fight will happen next year.

Pacquiao VS Mayweather around the Summer of 2010.

This is a very. very. very, VERY DANGEROUS fight for Mayweather.

Mayweather loses via TKO!

your boy need a day job

Back
Top Bottom