**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

They pretty much are the same IMO, just Daniels seems slightly flatter, but both are on point with quality.
The thing i like about Reys is that they will make both sides of your cuban convex.  It weighs a little more but my preference.  Both sides of my chain and bracelet are convex.  

Normally they make one side flat and one side convex.  

The thing i like about Reys is that they will make both sides of your cuban convex.  It weighs a little more but my preference.  Both sides of my chain and bracelet are convex.  

Normally they make one side flat and one side convex.  

Got it, I know exactly what you mean. Good catch.

10x8prl.png

NBA letting em cook...

Just bought this Angel pendant off of eBay. Was thinking of a 6 mm or 7 mm 24" or 26" 14k Cuban link chain for a subtle look? It's a 1.5" white and gold 14k pendant any thoughts?

Last edited:
Just bought this Angel pendant off of eBay. Was thinking of a 6 mm or 7 mm 24" or 26" 14k Cuban link chain for a subtle look? It's a 1.5" white and gold 14k pendant any thoughts?
6 or 7mm for a subtle look
roll.gif

Subtle would be 2 - 3mm. And that's about all that pendant will fit.

Last edited:
Actually i think that pendant is only 2.8g so a 2 or 3mm cuban would be too heavy for that thing. 

I would recommend a 2- 3mm curb or figaro since they are only 5 - 10g.

Should have hit us up before you pulled the trigger. 

I think it looks pretty damn good only spent $126 so my bank account doesn't feel bad and 2-3mm thanks for the info.

Actually i think that pendant is only 2.8g so a 2 or 3mm cuban would be too heavy for that thing. 

I would recommend a 2- 3mm curb or figaro since they are only 5 - 10g.

Should have hit us up before you pulled the trigger. 

Thanks for the input much appreciated. What do you mean by the chain is too heavy? Not really knowledgeable about jewelry.

Ninja how u get a 14mm Cuban back in the day ? And what the hell happen to it

I was a bigger jewelry guy then sneaker dude back then.... basically an old school latino.

Got rid of it when my piece broke.

Nope but the irony of you being the first to explain was too much for me to pass on.  Back to taking my self too seriously......

I already told u, spending Money on gold is a smarter look than droppin money on customizing a piece wit rocks, cuz da money is always gonna be straight on da chain...

Thanks for the input much appreciated. What do you mean by the chain is too heavy? Not really knowledgeable about jewelry.
When you have a light pendant on a heavy chain it looks odd. You need the pendant to be closer to the weight of the chain so the pendant pulls the chain down.

A 2.8g pendant should have a 4 - 8g chain.

A 6 - 7mm cuban is about 70 - 100g so a pendant weighing 30 - 60g would be more suitable.

Give or take. 

Last edited:
I cant figure out if these chain to pendant weight proportions remain consistent as overall weight chamges or not.

For that 2.8 gram angel, id recommend a 2.5mm diamond cut rope, 22" should be long enough unless your real tall/heavy, 20" if your real short or skinny. Its a smaller piece so 22" will allow it to have presence. It wont have presence with hang time

it will probably look dope. If its too small just upgrade to a bigger angel

I see your vision its your namesake and youre gonna be shining

Thanks for your input and insight much appreciated bro.

Back
Top Bottom