The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

laugh.gif

Dan Gilbert a basketball genius.
laugh.gif
. That's like me saying Stan K is a basketball genius.

Then again Gilbert and you both had inside sources that LeBum was going to stay in Cleveland.
laugh.gif

Dan Gilbert a basketball genius.
laugh.gif
. That's like me saying Stan K is a basketball genius.

Then again Gilbert and you both had inside sources that LeBum was going to stay in Cleveland.
laugh.gif

Did you think it's a ploy to get the players to vote on the 50/50 even if the owners "supposedly" don't like it? Few owners are mad at Stern for this 50/50 split. Especially Jordan

Did you think it's a ploy to get the players to vote on the 50/50 even if the owners "supposedly" don't like it? Few owners are mad at Stern for this 50/50 split. Especially Jordan

roll.gif
Dan Gilbert as a b-ball genius...

How'd that "genius" workout for Cleveland?

Can't believe dude is going to sit there and question Pat Riley's merit in comparison, to of ALL people, Dan "Comic Sans" Gilbert.

What a joke
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Dan Gilbert as a b-ball genius...

How'd that "genius" workout for Cleveland?

Can't believe dude is going to sit there and question Pat Riley's merit in comparison, to of ALL people, Dan "Comic Sans" Gilbert.

What a joke
laugh.gif

Dan Gilbert is one of the worst owners in sports and a joke.  The fact he even gets to open his @#$%^@ mouth during these negotiations is a crime, but whatever.  The City of Cleveland deserves him. 

And pay close attention to what I say Gilbert lovers, I am FAR from a Lebron guy, so don't even bother with that angle. 

And don't ever question Pat Riley, you sound like a fool.  It ain't even about what he did last year Einstein, it's what he's done with THREE different teams, LA, NY, and Miami before the big 3 came.  If it wasn't for Mike, Riles would have titles with 3 clubs, and be up around 7-8 titles by now.  To even mention Gilbert's name next to his is a flat out insult and the offender should take a few moments to re-evaluate his life before he posts on this board again. 

People felt sorry for Cav fans, don't make us regret that and go back to the way it used to be.  Cuz we can do that.  I completely understand why you wouldn't want to see NBA ball again, I wouldn't want to watch the Cavs play either, but many of us actually do want to see the NBA again, so don't roll thru here with your bs about Dan Gilbert anymore unless you want to bash him like we do. 

Dan Gilbert is one of the worst owners in sports and a joke.  The fact he even gets to open his @#$%^@ mouth during these negotiations is a crime, but whatever.  The City of Cleveland deserves him. 

And pay close attention to what I say Gilbert lovers, I am FAR from a Lebron guy, so don't even bother with that angle. 

And don't ever question Pat Riley, you sound like a fool.  It ain't even about what he did last year Einstein, it's what he's done with THREE different teams, LA, NY, and Miami before the big 3 came.  If it wasn't for Mike, Riles would have titles with 3 clubs, and be up around 7-8 titles by now.  To even mention Gilbert's name next to his is a flat out insult and the offender should take a few moments to re-evaluate his life before he posts on this board again. 

People felt sorry for Cav fans, don't make us regret that and go back to the way it used to be.  Cuz we can do that.  I completely understand why you wouldn't want to see NBA ball again, I wouldn't want to watch the Cavs play either, but many of us actually do want to see the NBA again, so don't roll thru here with your bs about Dan Gilbert anymore unless you want to bash him like we do. 

Originally Posted by got shoes

Yeah I don't understand how they're saying the players would get the deal that they want by accepting Stern's proposed deal. The owners still end up "winning" the lockout, but in any case, there's just so much shadiness going on behind the scenes. I don't know who's bluffing, Stern with his ultimatum or the players with the threat of decertifying.

Originally Posted by got shoes

Yeah I don't understand how they're saying the players would get the deal that they want by accepting Stern's proposed deal. The owners still end up "winning" the lockout, but in any case, there's just so much shadiness going on behind the scenes. I don't know who's bluffing, Stern with his ultimatum or the players with the threat of decertifying.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Just because the owners have leverage it doesn't mean that they have to absolutely demolish the players union. It can have long term consequences.

You don't want disgruntled players. You don't want the owners to feel like they can do this every 7 years.

How about the owners give back one point or concede a system change? As a sign of good faith or a truce.

I just don't like this while idea that ohhh wow the owners have leverage, those moron players better bow down and take the deal now. Because the owners have leverage. And leverage is all that matters. This is supposed to be a negotiation.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Just because the owners have leverage it doesn't mean that they have to absolutely demolish the players union. It can have long term consequences.

You don't want disgruntled players. You don't want the owners to feel like they can do this every 7 years.

How about the owners give back one point or concede a system change? As a sign of good faith or a truce.

I just don't like this while idea that ohhh wow the owners have leverage, those moron players better bow down and take the deal now. Because the owners have leverage. And leverage is all that matters. This is supposed to be a negotiation.

The thing is tho that I think its about 50/50 on the owners moving on the system...

The thing is tho that I think its about 50/50 on the owners moving on the system...

Billy Hunter comes off as a dumb %**. Kinda like a Stern. Except without the silver tongue.

Billy Hunter comes off as a dumb %**. Kinda like a Stern. Except without the silver tongue.

Fisher: "We've by far made the move we think we need to make on economics to put our teams in much better places."

Fair enough.

Fisher: "We've by far made the move we think we need to make on economics to put our teams in much better places."

Fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom