The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by SLP Product

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by PMatic

The Knicks-Bulls sign and trade involving Eddy Curry was the other one.

30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

they need to quit playin with my emotions and get this stuff done. lemme know if were havin a season or not already

they need to quit playin with my emotions and get this stuff done. lemme know if were havin a season or not already

Power trippin by the owners...this is ridiculous!!!  who is proposing all of this crap????  There will be no season this year.  Owners are to blame without a doubt!

Power trippin by the owners...this is ridiculous!!!  who is proposing all of this crap????  There will be no season this year.  Owners are to blame without a doubt!

I don't see any chance of the player's accepting this deal.

Off-season drug testing
Increased age limit of 20
D-League and salary reduction

Were any of these issues even discussed before?

It sounds like $tern just slipped these things in there at the last minute hoping the players would blindly accept the NBA's "final offer".

I don't see any chance of the player's accepting this deal.

Off-season drug testing
Increased age limit of 20
D-League and salary reduction

Were any of these issues even discussed before?

It sounds like $tern just slipped these things in there at the last minute hoping the players would blindly accept the NBA's "final offer".

@MikeWellsNBA Pacers player rep Danny Granger said early indications are latest offer will be rejected by the NBPA.
@MikeWellsNBA Granger: "From what I've seen and heard, the counter offer is the same they presented us a week ago, making a few minor changes..."
@MikeWellsNBA Granger cont: "that in the big scheme of things that really did nothing to the deal."
@MikeWellsNBA More Granger: "I would expect that proposal to be rejected after all the players learn more about the deal. The next step I don't know."

@MikeWellsNBA Pacers player rep Danny Granger said early indications are latest offer will be rejected by the NBPA.
@MikeWellsNBA Granger: "From what I've seen and heard, the counter offer is the same they presented us a week ago, making a few minor changes..."
@MikeWellsNBA Granger cont: "that in the big scheme of things that really did nothing to the deal."
@MikeWellsNBA More Granger: "I would expect that proposal to be rejected after all the players learn more about the deal. The next step I don't know."

Can't wait until the spring, long after the season is lost, when the players accept a deal that's a 55-45 split (or something like that) in favor of the owners. As David Aldridge said the other day on the radio "you can die on principle, but you will die."

Players need to accept the economic reality of the situation and move on. Or they need to sit down with some hockey players and discuss how standing firm "on principle" turned out for them. And as I've said before, I'm not on anyone's side here. I'm on the side of reality.

Can't wait until the spring, long after the season is lost, when the players accept a deal that's a 55-45 split (or something like that) in favor of the owners. As David Aldridge said the other day on the radio "you can die on principle, but you will die."

Players need to accept the economic reality of the situation and move on. Or they need to sit down with some hockey players and discuss how standing firm "on principle" turned out for them. And as I've said before, I'm not on anyone's side here. I'm on the side of reality.

what does the age limit and drug testing have to do with the economic climate?

the deal is trash.

Originally Posted by DubA169

That's some indentured servant stuff. It really is.

To have the right for 5 years to make someone make 75 grand when they reside in two cities. Pay money to agent. Pay taxes. They would be making absolute crap money.

And players that outperform their contract don't get more money
Like NBA players are the only ones paying taxes?
The owners are in a position to dictate the rules.  They're the employers.  If/when my boss changes policies, all I can do is bite my tongue or find another job.  

what does the age limit and drug testing have to do with the economic climate?

the deal is trash.

Back
Top Bottom