The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

Funny thing to me is that Stern made close to $25 mil off this last season.
Get's over $20 mil a year. Im just saying. Just shows you what type of guy this is.
You believe that stern made 20 million dollars? Who the *%%% told you that?
laugh.gif

Sterns doing good business, the players have no leverage, they need to fold soon so we can start the season.

50/50 split, harder cap, no Bi annual exception, shorter contracts I don't think the deal gets better than that, maybe stern tosses them a token 1 or 2% so billy can save face.
I know for a FACT he gets $20 mil. The $25 mil, I got from a very legit person who is employed by the Association. 
I would say more but google search is very powerful. 
laugh.gif

If you want to believe it or not, doesn't bother me. It is what it is.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

Funny thing to me is that Stern made close to $25 mil off this last season.
Get's over $20 mil a year. Im just saying. Just shows you what type of guy this is.
You believe that stern made 20 million dollars? Who the *%%% told you that?
laugh.gif

Sterns doing good business, the players have no leverage, they need to fold soon so we can start the season.

50/50 split, harder cap, no Bi annual exception, shorter contracts I don't think the deal gets better than that, maybe stern tosses them a token 1 or 2% so billy can save face.
I know for a FACT he gets $20 mil. The $25 mil, I got from a very legit person who is employed by the Association. 
I would say more but google search is very powerful. 
laugh.gif

If you want to believe it or not, doesn't bother me. It is what it is.

Most reports have him at $15m, not saying you're wrong but at the end of the day his salary isn't *$%% when you're talking franchise & player value.

Most reports have him at $15m, not saying you're wrong but at the end of the day his salary isn't *$%% when you're talking franchise & player value.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

The NBA has said he makes less than Roger Godell and Bud Selig.

There is no jedi mind trick that stern could employ to convince the owners to pay him double Roger Godells salary, that's ridiculous.
laugh.gif

Total league revenues are 4 billion a year, MLB is 7 and NFL is 9, how do the 10 owners who decide his salary get 23 million dollars from?

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

The NBA has said he makes less than Roger Godell and Bud Selig.

There is no jedi mind trick that stern could employ to convince the owners to pay him double Roger Godells salary, that's ridiculous.
laugh.gif

Total league revenues are 4 billion a year, MLB is 7 and NFL is 9, how do the 10 owners who decide his salary get 23 million dollars from?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by lawdog1

^^^ Two weeks isn't the end of the world if they are moving in a positive direction. At this point, even if they agreed in principal to everything today, there was no realistic way they could start on 11/1. The new CBA would still need to be drafted and approved, then free agency period, training camp, etc. That's a lot to get done in 3 weeks.
Stern: we remain very, very far apart on virtually all issues.

Of course it isn't the end of the world, but as of right now, no light at the end of the tunnel.

Yeah, I made my post before all the information started coming out about how far apart the two sides still are.   I'm not quite so positive about the whole thing anymore.  I'm just going to count on the season being lost in its entirety.  I'll let anything else be a nice surprise.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by lawdog1

^^^ Two weeks isn't the end of the world if they are moving in a positive direction. At this point, even if they agreed in principal to everything today, there was no realistic way they could start on 11/1. The new CBA would still need to be drafted and approved, then free agency period, training camp, etc. That's a lot to get done in 3 weeks.
Stern: we remain very, very far apart on virtually all issues.

Of course it isn't the end of the world, but as of right now, no light at the end of the tunnel.

Yeah, I made my post before all the information started coming out about how far apart the two sides still are.   I'm not quite so positive about the whole thing anymore.  I'm just going to count on the season being lost in its entirety.  I'll let anything else be a nice surprise.

This is for Statis, Mamba and PMatic, the guys that were involved on Twitter last night.  (sucks doin all that work at 140 characters each. 
laugh.gif
)

Statis, you are a small market club.  You win the lottery.  You get John Wall, or more importantly, a player of that talent/skill level.  Yay for you, right?  You now have a face of the franchise, a super duper stud at age 20, etc etc etc.  The league don't have to market @#$%, you don't have to market @#$%, the word of mouth alone will handle that.  College ball showcased him, the hype is built, the social media and real media will take over for now and generate that buzz you need.  John Wall type player, now plays ball for YOU, small market guy. 

John Wall type guy has a shelf life of 10-12 years give or take in his career.  Lucky to get to 13-14, happy if you can get the 10.  Hard work on a body to play 1,000+ games. 

For the first 4 years of John Wall type guy's career, he will make 5 mil, 5.5 mil, 7 mil AT YOUR OPTION, and then 7.5 AT YOUR OPTION. 

4 years of John Wall type guys career, for 25 million dollars, and you make what as an owner off him? 
nerd.gif
  Almost half his expected shelf life, he averages a little over 6 mil a year. 

Now switch up John Wall guy.  Lebron guy.  Tim Duncan guy.  Paid 4-5-6 mil each, for 4 years.  Then they get to make their money, money they will have earned ten fold by then.  And you sit here and cry "small market"  You'll make hundreds of millions off these players, which you "WON" in a lottery, they didn't decide to join your team, they were drafted, picked like they were cattle or something, and you get to make money hand over fist, while you pay them minimum wage. 

But then you cry "small market" bs when they start to get the money they have ALREADY EARNED but you didn't have to pay. 

An owners shelf life?  Decades.  20, 25, 30, 35 years if you live that long.  You can make that money for multiple decades, each player gets 2, and HOPEFULLY 3 contracts in their life, and you continue to back Stern, and his owners, for doing "what's right" 

Shame on you and the people like JA and Doo that follow you.  Seriously, shame on you guys. 
30t6p3b.gif

This is for Statis, Mamba and PMatic, the guys that were involved on Twitter last night.  (sucks doin all that work at 140 characters each. 
laugh.gif
)

Statis, you are a small market club.  You win the lottery.  You get John Wall, or more importantly, a player of that talent/skill level.  Yay for you, right?  You now have a face of the franchise, a super duper stud at age 20, etc etc etc.  The league don't have to market @#$%, you don't have to market @#$%, the word of mouth alone will handle that.  College ball showcased him, the hype is built, the social media and real media will take over for now and generate that buzz you need.  John Wall type player, now plays ball for YOU, small market guy. 

John Wall type guy has a shelf life of 10-12 years give or take in his career.  Lucky to get to 13-14, happy if you can get the 10.  Hard work on a body to play 1,000+ games. 

For the first 4 years of John Wall type guy's career, he will make 5 mil, 5.5 mil, 7 mil AT YOUR OPTION, and then 7.5 AT YOUR OPTION. 

4 years of John Wall type guys career, for 25 million dollars, and you make what as an owner off him? 
nerd.gif

Now switch up John Wall guy.  Lebron guy.  Tim Duncan guy.  Paid 4-5-6 mil each, for 4 years.  Then they get to make their money, money they will have earned ten fold by then.  And you sit here and cry "small market"  You'll make hundreds of millions off these players, which you "WON" in a lottery, they didn't decide to join your team, they were drafted, picked like they were cattle or something, and you get to make money hand over fist, while you pay them minimum wage. 

But then you cry "small market" bs when they start to get the money they have ALREADY EARNED but you didn't have to pay. 

An owners shelf life?  Decades.  20, 25, 30, 35 years if you live that long.  You can make that money for multiple decades, each player gets 2, and HOPEFULLY 3 contracts in their life, and you continue to back Stern, and his owners, for doing "what's right" 

Shame on you and the people like JA and Doo that follow you.  Seriously, shame on you guys. 
30t6p3b.gif

I dunno all the intricate details - but I hope the players hold out to what they're entitled to. Too often we see a very heavily 'taxing' central governing body in sports - one that puts the players last. These same ball club owners probably balk at heavier taxing by the federal government - at the same time, they're taking way more from their own players.

I really hope that all of the stars sign overseas - hopefully for some good money - Then Stern and owners would consider that they do not have a monopoly over basketball anymore. I believe it would also help the global game. I just read on Yahoo that Stern said he's willing to lock out for two years, if needed. Let's do it. 

I dunno all the intricate details - but I hope the players hold out to what they're entitled to. Too often we see a very heavily 'taxing' central governing body in sports - one that puts the players last. These same ball club owners probably balk at heavier taxing by the federal government - at the same time, they're taking way more from their own players.

I really hope that all of the stars sign overseas - hopefully for some good money - Then Stern and owners would consider that they do not have a monopoly over basketball anymore. I believe it would also help the global game. I just read on Yahoo that Stern said he's willing to lock out for two years, if needed. Let's do it. 

So when the owners take more money, ticket prices will decrease right?

After all the owners are just looking out for the game itself.

So when the owners take more money, ticket prices will decrease right?

After all the owners are just looking out for the game itself.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
)

nerd.gif

30t6p3b.gif

The owners aren't mad about paying Duncan, LeBron or Wall max contracts, they are mad about market forces driving them to pay roll players exorbitant contracts to stay competitive. The owners would be compleltley happy to pay the LeBrons of the world the most and pay everybody else nothing but thats not in the best interest of the union.

Also I think it's pretty much impossible to argue that being in a small market doesn't make more difficult to win a championship, not impossible but certainly more difficult.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
)

nerd.gif

30t6p3b.gif

The owners aren't mad about paying Duncan, LeBron or Wall max contracts, they are mad about market forces driving them to pay roll players exorbitant contracts to stay competitive. The owners would be compleltley happy to pay the LeBrons of the world the most and pay everybody else nothing but thats not in the best interest of the union.

Also I think it's pretty much impossible to argue that being in a small market doesn't make more difficult to win a championship, not impossible but certainly more difficult.

Back
Top Bottom