The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by DubA169

Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat)
10/19/11 2:19 PM
Can't help but think that this is all a we-tried charade by NBA, before getting back to squeezing, then eventually crushing union.

Yup.

And c'mon if the owners would destroy a deal worth billions of dollars over Garnett throwing a temper tantrum, they are dumber than I realized.
The owners didn't destroy anything. The players are dumb for letting KG barge into negotiations and telling the owners to screw themselves.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat)
10/19/11 2:19 PM
Can't help but think that this is all a we-tried charade by NBA, before getting back to squeezing, then eventually crushing union.

Yup.

And c'mon if the owners would destroy a deal worth billions of dollars over Garnett throwing a temper tantrum, they are dumber than I realized.
The owners didn't destroy anything. The players are dumb for letting KG barge into negotiations and telling the owners to screw themselves.

KG
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Just sounds like a **** swinging contest.

Businessmen shouldn't care that some crazy guy like garnett is telling them to piss off

Just sounds like a **** swinging contest.

Businessmen shouldn't care that some crazy guy like garnett is telling them to piss off

Ken Berger:Mediator George Cohen says he will be "making a statement" to media shortly. Stay tuned.1 minute ago

Ken Berger:Mediator George Cohen says he will be "making a statement" to media shortly. Stay tuned.1 minute ago

Talks to continue tomorrow.. that has to be a good thing right? Cause if they were done like they were last week they would just say no meetings scheduled.....

Talks to continue tomorrow.. that has to be a good thing right? Cause if they were done like they were last week they would just say no meetings scheduled.....

NYPost_Berman Marc Berman
Cohen says "everyone is extremely focused." Will regroup tomorrow at two in afternoon."

daldridgetnt David Aldridge
Cohen: "the discussions have been direct and constructive."

Cohen says "everyone is extremely focused." Will regroup tomorrow at two in afternoon."

Not much to go on from Cohen's statement, but I can live with another day of meetings and no more games cancelled. At least for now.

Not much to go on from Cohen's statement, but I can live with another day of meetings and no more games cancelled. At least for now.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

That statement was underwhelming
laugh.gif
Can't really expect much. Mediators aren't supposed to discuss anything. I'm surprised we even got that much.

laugh.gif
Can't really expect much. Mediators aren't supposed to discuss anything. I'm surprised we even got that much.

laugh.gif

As long expected, the two sides have moved closer to a “50-50 split, give or take a point with ranges based on revenue performance,

Back
Top Bottom