The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Is it possible to back what the owners are saying they're setting out to do, and not actually WHAT they're doing and HOW they're going about doing it?

Because that's what I back.

Is it possible to back what the owners are saying they're setting out to do, and not actually WHAT they're doing and HOW they're going about doing it?

Because that's what I back.

And a lot of those mistakes went hand in hand with the recession.

I mean even a multi-billion dollar business like the NBA is not recession proof.

And a lot of those mistakes went hand in hand with the recession.

I mean even a multi-billion dollar business like the NBA is not recession proof.

In tough times people turn to sports and entertainment to help distract them from the real world...over 4 billion dollars in revenue last year, I'd say the NBA has definitely been recession proof.

In tough times people turn to sports and entertainment to help distract them from the real world...over 4 billion dollars in revenue last year, I'd say the NBA has definitely been recession proof.

Today's scapegoat; Paul Allen! CP1708 should have fun with this.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

But the league is openly discussing contracting teams. Recession proof I don't think so.

But the league is openly discussing contracting teams. Recession proof I don't think so.

The same Paul Allen that had the highest payroll for multiple years in a small market. Oh. #Unfair.

The same Paul Allen that had the highest payroll for multiple years in a small market. Oh. #Unfair.

Originally Posted by Statis22

The League itself is, or has got to be, recession proof.  Smaller markets individually may not be.  Sacrament for example is the epitome of the recession.  Terrible housing market, lack of job infrastructure, etc.  However, turn back the clock to when times were good (or inflated, etc) and their attendance was top notch and I'm sure they weren't bleeding money.

The NBA has adopted the digital age better than most other Leagues.  I'd LOVE to see how much the League makes on that alone. 

I'm not a huge fan of Bill Simmons, but some of his points about "fixing" the NBA are valid.  Big market cities can carry two teams, small markets may not be worthy of having a team.

Originally Posted by Statis22

The League itself is, or has got to be, recession proof.  Smaller markets individually may not be.  Sacrament for example is the epitome of the recession.  Terrible housing market, lack of job infrastructure, etc.  However, turn back the clock to when times were good (or inflated, etc) and their attendance was top notch and I'm sure they weren't bleeding money.

The NBA has adopted the digital age better than most other Leagues.  I'd LOVE to see how much the League makes on that alone. 

I'm not a huge fan of Bill Simmons, but some of his points about "fixing" the NBA are valid.  Big market cities can carry two teams, small markets may not be worthy of having a team.

This whole situation just sucks. Period. Back in '98-'99, I was in my first semester of my first year of law school, so I didn't really have time to notice the lock out. Now, 13 years later, with a job, a wife and a kid, NBA games are MY time. The time I get to just chill, watch hoops and not really worry about anything else. To think that I won't get that for more than year, really pisses me off. I'll make do with college -- and maybe even high school hoops -- but it won't be the same . Ugh.

This whole situation just sucks. Period. Back in '98-'99, I was in my first semester of my first year of law school, so I didn't really have time to notice the lock out. Now, 13 years later, with a job, a wife and a kid, NBA games are MY time. The time I get to just chill, watch hoops and not really worry about anything else. To think that I won't get that for more than year, really pisses me off. I'll make do with college -- and maybe even high school hoops -- but it won't be the same . Ugh.

Saying in effect to compete in payroll with Dallas, Lakers and other big market team your owner has to be one of the 20 richest people in the world doesn't exactly help your argument.

Nobody would argue that money doesn't help...

Saying in effect to compete in payroll with Dallas, Lakers and other big market team your owner has to be one of the 20 richest people in the world doesn't exactly help your argument.

Nobody would argue that money doesn't help...

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Damn, that just bummed me out for you.

Back
Top Bottom