The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by lawdog1

This whole situation just sucks. Period. Back in '98-'99, I was in my first semester of my first year of law school, so I didn't really have time to notice the lock out. Now, 13 years later, with a job, a wife and a kid, NBA games are MY time. The time I get to just chill, watch hoops and not really worry about anything else. To think that I won't get that for more than year, really pisses me off. I'll make do with college -- and maybe even high school hoops -- but it won't be the same . Ugh.
Damn, that just bummed me out for you.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

This whole situation just sucks. Period. Back in '98-'99, I was in my first semester of my first year of law school, so I didn't really have time to notice the lock out. Now, 13 years later, with a job, a wife and a kid, NBA games are MY time. The time I get to just chill, watch hoops and not really worry about anything else. To think that I won't get that for more than year, really pisses me off. I'll make do with college -- and maybe even high school hoops -- but it won't be the same . Ugh.
Sorry, man.  Wasn't my intent.  Just needed to vent somewhere.  

Originally Posted by Big J 33

yes it sucks. i have a job and more responsibilities and its upsetting that i wont even be able to chill out and watch the nba.

yes it sucks. i have a job and more responsibilities and its upsetting that i wont even be able to chill out and watch the nba.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

This hurts The Heatles more than any other player(s) as far as I'm concerned.
laugh.gif

tired.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Not really. It hurts all parties/teams equally.

I wasn't annoyed at all, just saying that's too bad, people need sports for reasons like you mentioned.

I wasn't annoyed at all, just saying that's too bad, people need sports for reasons like you mentioned.

I've always wondered why owners need to be "saved from themselves".

No one told the Wizards to give Arenas a major deal coming off knee surgery. They did it because?

No one told the Wizards to give Arenas a major deal coming off knee surgery. They did it because?

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I might be slightly off base, but guys who are "smart" think they are smarter than they really are.
I liken it in to the Hedge Fund world where you have traders who think they're God's gift to making money because of one or two awesome trades.  They then think they can do any deal and it'll be the deal of the century.

I might be slightly off base, but guys who are "smart" think they are smarter than they really are.
I liken it in to the Hedge Fund world where you have traders who think they're God's gift to making money because of one or two awesome trades.  They then think they can do any deal and it'll be the deal of the century.

They had to keep up with the Knicks, Nets and Clippers. #Largemarketbullies. #Whenyousuckblamemarketsize

They had to keep up with the Knicks, Nets and Clippers. #Largemarketbullies. #Whenyousuckblamemarketsize

Originally Posted by CP1708

#Whenyoupaidtoomuchblamemarketsize

At least we have not heard Michael Jordan !+@+# about how he got fleaced.

Originally Posted by CP1708

#Whenyoupaidtoomuchblamemarketsize

At least we have not heard Michael Jordan !+@+# about how he got fleaced.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

laugh.gif

tired.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Naw, Sacramento suffers the most from all of this - unfortunately.

laugh.gif

tired.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

In the long run, the league will benefit from a season being wiped out.

But like already mentioned, the biggest loss of the lockout is all those people who work at arenas, and/or who work for the team, who rely on them for the daily 9 to 5 grind.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif

tired.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Luckily at this rate, I think an arena proposal will be approved before the lockout is even over
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif

tired.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Luckily at this rate, I think an arena proposal will be approved before the lockout is even over
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom