The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

1721142667946.gif

Shooting can improve but he’s never shot over 32% from 3 at any level of his career. If he were 6’5” like Caruso then the defensive stuff would be a solid argument but ultimately he’s going to guard one position at this level because he’s short
Davion Mitchell is the #complexioncomparison

Good athlete w/ good defensive instincts ,has potential to be solid shooter w/ work.

He can be an Alex Caruso type

i also had the Caruso comp for him in HS.

But seeing him in SL, he's really far off from that, Caruso was a combo guard in college, and has NBA level handles an way above average passing ability for an SG.

To be fair he is 18, and Caruso was like 22 years old his rookie year, but Bronny would have to develop a TON.

Lu Dort type I think is a better hope at this point.

a short but heavy SG who can defend up and hit 3's.

Shut him down for the summer is wild :lol:

It's really tough to see though. Has the tools to be a solid football player IMO.

Funny enough…his childhood AAU teammate just did this, after going undrafted from OTE

Yea you said it right. A better HOPE.
ADVERTISEMENTCome on​
Too early in the AM to be meat riding. We talking basketball. You ain’t gotta protect Bronny fam, he rich and got a good family.

Then trying to flip this into some morality convo talking about some damn, "We shouldn't be bashing kids."

Now pro Basketball player is excused from being evaluated.

I don't get it.

He’s the 55th pick, he’s 19 obviously they see potential there.The Pels also drafted Kira Lewis in the lottery,he’s done absolutely nothing in the L and they wasted a roster spot on him for 4 yrs.

Did you see Kira Lewis in college? Shoot, Kira Lewis in summer league. He was like 18 years old here :lol:

Emoni Bates looks more of a pro, than Bronny. Again, take Lebron James out of this. This isn’t normal at all man :lol:. 4 year guaranteed contract for the 55th pick, who hasn’t shown at any level that he’s worth the salt. It can get really nasty

I guess you are in the charity business this morning. Being real generous with those comps.
P has been one of the few who are being realistic :lol:

Pressure the ball, 36% on open catch and shoot 3s. 20 mins a night or so. After some years that what it’ll look like if he sticks. And he will be given every opportunity to stick

Did you see Kira Lewis in college? Shoot, Kira Lewis in summer league. He was like 18 years old here :lol:

Emoni Bates looks more of a pro, than Bronny. Again, take Lebron James out of this. This isn’t normal at all man :lol:. 4 year guaranteed contract for the 55th pick, who hasn’t shown at any level that he’s worth the salt. It can get really nasty

I seen Kira Lewis in the NBA , he wasn’t it….I don’t put much stock in Summer League..Emoni Bates was the # 1 prospect at a time something Bronny has never been…I’m not debating if he’s worthy of the contract or not,but people that are bashing him are doing so out of an agenda and that nasty AF whether you agree or not.

This doesn't help Shaq.

Also, if the only thing you can say is "He's a great kid" that's indirectly admitting dude ain't got IT.

You have to blame the media too…because there was a dude on USC (Kobe Johnson was averaging 11ppg, as well as four other players averaging more than Bronny at USC during this time ) and they left him out the “trifecta” for this :lol: :smh:

IMG_8330.jpeg

IMG_8331.jpeg

This is all like a microcosm of Klutch, Bron, social media, influence network and just how terrible basketball discussion and media has been since like 2016 (and the world in general). I see what you taking about DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

i also had the Caruso comp for him in HS.

But seeing him in SL, he's really far off from that, Caruso was a combo guard in college, and has NBA level handles an way above average passing ability for an SG.

To be fair he is 18, and Caruso was like 22 years old his rookie year, but Bronny would have to develop a TON.

He’s probably further along at his age than some of the guys that got taken in this draft were when they were 19. There’s some dudes that started at schools you’ve never even heard of, transferred a few times and wound up getting taken first round 4 years later.

This obviously doesn’t mean Bronny will develop like that too. But I don’t think it’s impossible. Needs to be locked in the gym with a shooting coach 24/7.

And yes, him getting the guaranteed contract is certainly a step more than it should’ve been, but Bron has the pull like that.

You have to blame the media too…because there was a dude on USC (Kobe Johnson was averaging 11ppg, as well as four other players averaging more than Bronny at USC during this time ) and they left him out the “trifecta” for this :lol: :smh:

IMG_8330.jpeg

IMG_8331.jpeg

This is all like a microcosm of Klutch, Bron, social media, influence network and just how terrible basketball discussion and media has been since like 2016 (and the world in general). I see what you taking about DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican
A lot of bronny’s superlatives are about his character and not his stats. He’s a good kid with theoretical ability at this point.

Back
Top Bottom