The Official NBA Season Thread: Sunscreen and GOAT Talk

Mark Jackson said it best.
Lebron had the better career but Jordan is the better player.

Lebron going back and winning a ring for the city of Cleveland was a made for TV type scenario. Many respects for that. But...

Personally, I couldn't see myself putting Bronze as the #1 because of how he ran down to Miami to link up with Wade/Bosh. Competition wise, I can't help but to view that as a sucka move.

I also acknowledge that if Jordan was born in 1985 and played in this era je might have done the same; but we aren't using hypotheticals to prove a point in am argument.

Great overall career but to me that's a big blemish on Bronze's record.
It’s the other way around actually

MJ Career resume is better
Bron is the better player

If you’re putting something strong enough to block out the SUN on your skin, imagine what it’s doing on the opposite end…
Protecting you from cancer causing radiation that accelerates the aging of your skin. Do you also avoid sunglasses, dark clothing and hats?

What brand do you use?
Aveeno has an oatmeal lotion one I like. Worn it to the beach, to play ball, etc., it works through it all but I'm sure there's better. My sister wears some korean ****, the ladies keep the good stuff to themselves.

2011 is a stain on Bron's resume
Him running to stack the deck multiple times is funny in the light
Him getting swept multiple times in the Finals is nasty

The only argument be truly had over MJ is a longevity one.

Mike has more MVPs, chips and Finals MVPs in a much shorter window. His peak was better than Bron's peak, period. It's ok that Lebby is #2 all time.

Nothing is a blemish for Jordan. Losing in the first round? Nah. Quitting twice? Nah. They actually use these things to elevate him :lol:
bang. VVVVVV
Jordan gave cats TWO years to get they s*** together…..

Came and took two.

Is LeBron joining the Heat a blemish on his resume…?
The most competitive dude in the world took 2 years off to let other people win? That doesn’t sound right to me.

Yes Bron was wilding for joining the Heat

And I’ve been saying DripNick DripNick hating on gods son in silence too.

Putting a case against you too
I can be loud about it too, ain't no hiding nor shame in my game. As a matter of fact, my curry hate come fall finna be stronger than a white man's aversion for Phaal

I'm Teflon tho
giphy - 2024-06-27T115023.204.gif

The only argument he truly has over MJ is a longevity one.

Mike has more MVPs, chips and Finals MVPs in a much shorter window. His peak was better than Bron's peak, period. It's ok that Lebby is #2 all time.

The only argument he truly has over MJ is a longevity one.

Jordan also became a damn near automatic shooter and was also a great FT shooter. Teams never feared Bron as a shooter and he was iffy at the FT line.

Jordan took shots and you just knew they’d fall.

Bron… you’re sitting “hoping” it goes in

Bron is NOT a great 3pt shooter. He’s still average.

He’s still at 35% which is the league average. Y’all still just be saying anything.

Meanwhile he’s a 71% FT shooter :lol: :lol:

Jordan never shot FTs remotely close to 71% and easily could’ve evolved into an average 3pt shooter.

Bron consistently was a .30-35% 3pt shooter for most his career :lol:

LeBron’s resume is so insane now with respect to total stats and accolades that I think it’s fair to call him the GOAT.

But I’m an MJ guy. Mike’s game captivated me in a way LeBron’s never has. Even just watching those MJ 1984 Olympic highlights JMB10215 JMB10215 posted the other day - was riveted. It’s just a feeling thing.
Mike definitely captured my imagination as a child. Like you said he moved so graceful. And I was born in 95, but the Michael Jordan's Playground and Come Fly With Me were my go to movies as a kid man. I loved all things Michael Jordan.

Some would say LeBron took the bull by the horns going to Miami instead of waiting for his GM to do his job. He was not fortunaute enough to land on a team of HOFers or big market to attract top talent.
Shaq at the time was a big talent lol

Bron is NOT a great 3pt shooter. He’s still average.

He’s still at 35% which is the league average. Y’all still just be saying anything.

Meanwhile he’s a 71% FT shooter :lol: :lol:

Jordan never shot FTs remotely close to 71% and easily could’ve evolved into an average 3pt shooter.

Bron consistently was a .30-35% 3pt shooter for most his career :lol:
Bron been 36% on average since 2012. Jordan shot over 36% twice even with the FIBA line during that span. Better foul shooter absolutely

Back
Top Bottom