The Official NBA Season Thread: Sunscreen and GOAT Talk

I'm looking at the totality of the league, through both conferences.

Even so….we all know that the season comes down to 3-4 teams with a realistic shot at contending. And the talent relative to MJ and his team was not weaker than what we saw with lebron and his teams, relative to the league and contenders too.

Part of the reason is, Mike is just better. 2011 does not happen to Michael Jordan. And you know this.

That’s why I keep saying…either way you slice it, Mike is clearly above.

There is a whole hall of fame career gap of accomplishments between the two. In a much shorter time. That can’t be discounted.

They aren’t generations apart. Like at all :lol:. Kobe was a 90s player for instance. For all the “we done with the 90s talk”.

*****s was damn near contemporaries. But what would Mike even be playing for, for real after 98? He pretty much accomplished everything you could. Dude was just hooping for the wizards. Wasn’t trying to win nothing :lol:. Just playing ball cuz he could

No one ever talks about the expansion era or illegal defense when it comes to Michael Jeffrey Jordan. That **** matters.

I was too young for the first three-peat, but feels like while MJ was far ahead of the competition during the second three-peat, the talent level wasn't up to par compared to Bron's prime.
That’s why it’s not a good discussion IMO.

For several reasons, there will never be another guy running off 6 finals MVPs in 8 years, 41 ppg average in one of those finals, ever again.

You can’t possibly compare any present day guy to MJ.

Even so….we all know that the season comes down to 3-4 teams with a realistic shot at contending. And the talent relative to MJ and his team was not weaker than what we saw with lebron and his teams, relative to the league and contenders too.

Part of the reason is, Mike is just better. 2011 does not happen to Michael Jordan. And you know this.

That’s why I keep saying…either way you slice it, Mike is clearly above.

There is a whole hall of fame career gap of accomplishments between the two. In a much shorter time. That can’t be discounted.

They aren’t generations apart. Like at all :lol:. Kobe was a 90s player for instance. For all the “we done with the 90s talk”.

*****s was damn near contemporaries. But what would Mike even be playing for, for real after 98? He pretty much accomplished everything you could. Dude was just hooping for the wizards. Wasn’t trying to win nothing :lol:. Just playing ball cuz he could
2011 definitely is a stain on Bron's legacy. Cannot dispute that.

But at the same time, MJ doesn't have a 2007 run or beating the 2016 Warriors on his resume either. :emoji_thinking:

The triangle didn’t limit assists. Especially with the way they were juicing post up assists numbers. Add to it you had to hard double back in the 90s. That’s not a knock on Mike but Kobe and pip both put up assists numbers in the same system. I don’t think the eye tests tells you MJ is equal to Lebron the playmaker IMO

You know what you’re saying isn’t true :lol:. Mike put up crazy assist numbers in the triangle too. 30-6-6 at the 2 is great.

But Is James Harden a better playmaker than Lebron James?

This is what Michael Jordan was doing when he was playing Spread P&R

IMG_8934.jpeg

And the stats juiced in this era is insane :lol:.

You can look at video evidence. Eye test. Stats. An entire season. An entire career. He’s as elite of a playmaker as we’ve ever seen. Especially with his scoring ability/threat

Dude had no weakness

2011 definitely is a stain on Bron's legacy. Cannot dispute that.

But at the same time, MJ doesn't have a 2007 run or beating the 2016 Warriors on his resume either. :emoji_thinking:

you can’t be serious about a 2007 run :lol:. Cmon man. That’s hella impressive to where Bron was at, relative to his age. That game he scored 45 and bounced the pistons was iconic and all time.

But Isiah Thomas has also had a 2007 run. A couple players have, that aren’t better than Michael Jordan.

Impressive as well. Again, this is not to discount LeBron. Michael Jordan was clearly better, and did not have blemishes like Bron.

This 2020's sun/heat is a whole other animal to the sun/heat growing up I feel like so that plays a part in choosing to be cautious more than anything for me

That **** hits so much harder these days :lol:

You know what you’re saying isn’t true :lol:. Mike put up crazy assist numbers in the triangle too. 30-6-6 at the 2 is great.

But Is James Harden a better playmaker than Lebron James?

This is what Michael Jordan was doing when he was playing Spread P&R

IMG_8934.jpeg

And the stats juiced in this era is insane :lol:.

You can look at video evidence. Eye test. Stats. An entire season. An entire career. He’s as elite of a playmaker as we’ve ever seen. Especially with his scoring ability/threat

Dude had no weakness

Come on now wavster. We know they were juking stats. Word to Stockton. Word to this.

I’m not discrediting the triangle but it never stopped a great wing from making plays. MJ was a great playmaker, EYE don’t think he was the playmaker Lebron was. Bron won titles essentially being the focal playmaker and MJ didn’t win until he trusted his teammates.

LeBron’s resume is so insane now with respect to total stats and accolades that I think it’s fair to call him the GOAT.

But I’m an MJ guy. Mike’s game captivated me in a way LeBron’s never has. Even just watching those MJ 1984 Olympic highlights JMB10215 JMB10215 posted the other day - was riveted. It’s just a feeling thing.

Last edited:
you can’t be serious about a 2007 run :lol:. Cmon man. That’s hella impressive to where Bron was at, relative to his age. That game he scored 45 and bounced the pistons was iconic and all time.

But Isiah Thomas has also had a 2007 run. A couple players have, that aren’t better than Michael Jordan.

Impressive as well. Again, this is not to discount LeBron. Michael Jordan was clearly better, and did not have blemishes like Bron.

I think MJ is better because he has six chips and went 6-0 in the Finals (and doesn't have the 2011 stain), while at the same time Bron is every bit the basketball player that MJ was and probably better because of the extra advantages of being 6'9 and 260 lbs.

I think MJ is better because he has six chips and went 6-0 in the Finals (and doesn't have the 2011 stain), while at the same time Bron is every bit the basketball player that MJ was and probably better because of the extra advantages of being 6'9 and 260 lbs.
Mark Jackson said it best.
Lebron had the better career but Jordan is the better player.

Lebron going back and winning a ring for the city of Cleveland was a made for TV type scenario. Many respects for that. But...

Personally, I couldn't see myself putting Bronze as the #1 because of how he ran down to Miami to link up with Wade/Bosh. Competition wise, I can't help but to view that as a sucka move.

I also acknowledge that if Jordan was born in 1985 and played in this era je might have done the same; but we aren't using hypotheticals to prove a point in am argument.

Great overall career but to me that's a big blemish on Bronze's record.

Lebron going back and winning a ring for the city of Cleveland was a made for TV type scenario. Many respects for that. But...

Personally, I couldn't see myself putting Bronze as the #1 because of how he ran down to Miami to link up with Wade/Bosh. Competition wise, I can't help but to view that as a sucka move.

I also acknowledge that if Jordan was born in 1985 and played in this era je might have done the same; but we aren't using hypotheticals to prove a point in am argument.

Is a 2 year retirement a blemish?

🤔

Exactly why he's saying it's not on his resume :lol:, never had to face unbeatable squads when they were already the best team year in and year out

Because of HIM.

The 2016 warriors were Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and a bunch of role players with great coaching.

That team coming into the year was the most disrespected defending champions we’ve ever seen…

Until they became the greatest team “ever assembled”….or “chokers or frauds”. Pick one

I hope this is why you would never put KD above Kobe.

• Wow
Reactions: MVP
Back
Top Bottom