The Official NBA Season Thread: USA Wins Gold 🥇

Yea I said it in another thread but certain NB and Asics that people have convinced themselves they like would be considered geriatric shoes by us 10 years ago.

I legit don't understand.

It’s funny to me (and I’m sure you, coming from where you from). *****s everywhere else was clowning em, calling them orthopedic shoes for the longest. Now look…

But then again….all the trends start you know where :nerd:. It was only a matter of time

Grey NBs for $200 😵‍💫

I’m trying to remember, but I think 990-993 were going for $140 to $180 like 15 years ago, all the way up to like 2020. So the markup isn’t as crazy as you’d think (considering inflation and hype etc)

#FakeNews

Screenshot_20240812_140529_Gmail.jpg
Are these not the same ones you’re calling grandpa shoes?

Seems like the goal in 2012 was to break up the Thunder. Woj has wrote in the past Kobe was telling Westbrook he should have his own team too and be a scoring champ. :lol:

Definitely a phase, but how'd those NBs become popular amongst younger people?

Was always a shoe I've only see middle aged white men wear

Young people don't really have brand loyalty anymore. Whatever's hot is hot, regardless of the logo.

General population isn't waiting on line for $250 retro Jordan's twice a month.

Good! I’m so glad. I checked out a long time ago, when you had to win raffles to get GR kicks :lol:

Everything is cyclical too.

When I was in middle school in California, there were some kids with NBs. They were used for breakdancing in.

But otherwise you would get made fun of for wearing them casually.

The NT shoe consumer probably makes up less than 1% of sneaker consumers. If 85% of your market research is just here you're forgetting another 99%.

So what I'm saying is it seems like those that wouldn't have rocked certain types of NB/Asics years ago are now doing it with no shame. Just wondering what caused the change in taste.

Wasn't making a general observation of what people were wearing in the street.

Back
Top Bottom