The Official NBA Season Thread: Sunscreen and GOAT Talk

We’ve seen nothing like early 90s MJ.
We’ve seen nothing like 2018 lebron

Can go on with Shaq, Steph, Kobe, KD and others. It’s going to come down to preference and what year you’re born. I’m all for a good argument in good faith but bad faith agents like (redacted) just doing it for engagement

Peak seasons. (We’ve talked about this before)

First off, 2018 Lebron was not the best version of him (2012-2016 is) Do you remember that entire season 2018 season? :lol:. Harden was better that year even. But Bron in the East was no Joke (albeit weak, he still was amazing and got there).

But even to your point…at PEAK, Mike was still clearly better than all those dudes….Who had the all time greatest peaks. Relative to whatever. However you slice it, we’re not seeing an 88-98 MJ type of run. And I started specifically at 88. Cuz that year too is crazy in of itself.

This is not a nock to Bron, Steph, KD, Shaq, Kobe etc…whoever.

They just didn’t do it at the level Mike did. There is no harm in coming in second to Usain Bolt. Peyton Manning isn’t discredited because he’s not Tom Brady.

That’s what I’m getting at. In good faith

Hold up! You from the islands, and where sun screen? That’s a first I’m hearing of this dawg :lol:. I don’t **** with Sun Screen.

I had to put some SPF30 on, when I was a teen for a lil bit. And that **** stank, and felt like wax on my skin. Never again

Buddy tripping. I’m black in South Florida. Ain’t wearing sunscreen. Feel like you walking around with a vacuum sealed poncho on

Attachments

• IMG_8932.jpeg
    IMG_8932.jpeg
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 172
Buddy tripping. I’m black in South Florida. Ain’t wearing sunscreen. Feel like you walking around with a vacuum sealed poncho on
Do South Florida ninjas get pedicures and manicures?
I was too young for the first three-peat, but feels like while MJ was far ahead of the competition during the second three-peat, the talent level wasn't up to par compared to Bron's prime.
^^^I feel like despite the greatness, can we really compare eras? Mike globalized the sport. The five best players in the NBA weren’t born or grew up in the US.

This US Team had way more difficult a path to gold.
Most of this thread is too young for the second three-peat
Nope. I was 12-13 when the white Cements came out.

Peak seasons. (We’ve talked about this before)

First off, 2018 Lebron was not the best version of him (2012-2016 is) Do you remember that entire season 2018 season? :lol:. Harden was better that year even. But Bron in the East was no Joke (albeit weak, he still was amazing and got there).

But even to your point…at PEAK, Mike was still clearly better than all those dudes….Who had the all time greatest peaks. Relative to whatever. However you slice it, we’re not seeing an 88-98 MJ type of run. And I started specifically at 88. Cuz that year too is crazy in of itself.

This is not a nock to Bron, Steph, KD, Shaq, Kobe etc…whoever.

They just didn’t do it at the level Mike did. There is no harm in coming in second to Usain Bolt. Peyton Manning isn’t discredited because he’s not Tom Brady.

That’s what I’m getting at. In good faith
I mean 2017-2018 Bron. He controlled the game in every aspect. Shooting, handle, manipulating defenses. His athleticism was still great but went down a notch

And we won’t see that kind MJ run because of the cap and the overall talent being better.

I was too young for the first three-peat, but feels like while MJ was far ahead of the competition during the second three-peat, the talent level wasn't up to par compared to Bron's prime.

What was the talent level in the Eastern Conference during Lebrons reign, from 2010-2018? Please tell me.

And please tell me what the talent level in the East was, relative to Lebrons teams too.

I wanr you to look up the rosters of the teams during the second three peat. Just off the top of my head, these names come to mind:

Magic: Penny & Shaq

Rockets: Hakeem & Clyde

Sonic: Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp

Jazz: Karl Malone, John Stockton, Hornacek

Heat: Alonzo Mourning & Tim Hardaway

Spurs: David Robinson & Sean Elliot

All of these guys played until LeBron came into the league :lol:. Some played with him.

I haven’t even touched on like the 90s Knicks, Pacers, etc etc yet.

ADVERTISEMENT​
Starburry isn’t wrong (Lebron is still top 5)

But eye think that There is still a gap. But longevity and social media I guess will win out in public perception. I understand it.
Bron: Greatest gevity

Jordan: Greatest modern peak
From a hooper standpoint I see why Stephon is coming from, but he’s still seeing the game from a 1v1 perspective only. Like most NY hoopers. When ppl say stuff like that I wonder where they put Magic Johnson at on they GOAT list
Steph shouldn't be talking on the subject.

I don’t think there’s a gap between the two. It’s different eras. There are thing both do better than the other but discrediting each other ain’t it. Leave that to the old heads

Ironically Bron PLAYED like a dude from the 80s and 90s era :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bron literally was high school hooper in the late 90s and early 2000s. Bron was more closer to Jordan’s era, than he is to the modern day.

Dude is the Nolan Ryan of the NBA.

Lastly, people been overrating Bron as a playmaker FOREVER. He’s not head and shoulders above MJ in that department.

Jordan was just such a prolific scorer that people overlook the fact that he could facilitate also

What was the talent level in the Eastern Conference during Lebrons reign, from 2010-2018? Please tell me.

And please tell me what the talent level in the East was, relative to Lebrons teams too.

I wanr you to look up the rosters of the teams during the second three peat. Just off the top of my head, these names come to mind:

Magic: Penny & Shaq

Rockets: Hakeem & Clyde

Sonic: Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp

Jazz: Karl Malone, John Stockton, Hornacek

Heat: Alonzo Mourning & Tim Hardaway

Spurs: David Robinson & Sean Elliot

All of these guys played until LeBron came into the league :lol:. Some played with him.

I haven’t even touched on like the 90s Knicks, Pacers, etc etc yet.
I'm looking at the totality of the league, through both conferences.

That was for a season. Bron been at 7 and 7 for 21 summers.

Mike is at 30-6-6 :lol:

Saying Mike wasn’t close to the playmaker Bron is, just ain’t true.

And you know damn well the TRIANGLE limited assist opportunities, in favor of team basketball (similar to the modern day warriors).

The truth of the matter is, Bron is the healthiest greatest player of all time. Which he also happens to be the youngest greatest player of all time and simultaneously the oldest greatest player of all time (to this point) :lol:.

But Bron never really got coached in a system in that way. And when he did, we saw him at his PEAK (2012-2016).

And he was averaging 26-7-6 That version is better than the 30-8-2 he averaged for an entire season, in 2023 :lol:

Mike is at 30-6-6 :lol:

Saying Mike wasn’t close to the playmaker Bron is, just ain’t true.

And you know damn well the TRIANGLE limited assist opportunities, in favor of team basketball (similar to the modern day warriors).

The truth of the matter is, Bron is the healthiest greatest player of all time. Which he also happens to be the youngest greatest player of all time and simultaneously the oldest greatest player of all time (to this point) :lol:.

But Bron never really got coached in a system in that way. And when he did, we saw him at his PEAK (2012-2016).

And he was averaging 26-7-6 That version is better than the 30-8-2 he averaged for an entire season, in 2023 :lol:
The triangle didn’t limit assists. Especially with the way they were juicing post up assists numbers. Add to it you had to hard double back in the 90s. That’s not a knock on Mike but Kobe and pip both put up assists numbers in the same system. I don’t think the eye tests tells you MJ is equal to Lebron the playmaker IMO

Back
Top Bottom