The Official NBA Season Thread

Coop handled the ball… came off the bench, he was slasher, defender, guarded 1-3… playmaker and occasional jump shooter.

If y’all don’t know history, just say so. Both dudes were 6’7” with great athleticism
For a self proclaimed Spurs fan, you’re absolutely underselling Manu, especially when he was younger. He wasn’t an occasional jump shooter and he was terrorizing second units. He was putting up almost 20 off the bench in his prime.

Remember this is the same Spurs fan that thinks Jeremy Sochan is going to be out of the league in a couple years despite being one of the best players in his draft class.
Don’t know how I forgot about this awful take. Touché

Logo pulled JJ's card the same exact manner last summer :lol:

We gonna talk down on his accolades/career too?

Screenshot 2023-02-28 095235.png

For a self proclaimed Spurs fan, you’re absolutely underselling Manu, especially when he was younger. He wasn’t an occasional jump shooter and he was terrorizing second units. He was putting up almost 20 off the bench in his prime.

When did I say Manu never did any of this?? They had the same skillset and body type. I don’t know what else is needed to be said

Coop was a 34% 3pt shooter, Manu was 37%.
Coop was a 83% Ft shooter… Manu was 83%.

Manu 3.5 reb, 3.8 assists.
Coop 3.2 rebs… 4.2 assists.

But yeah. Not the same player

The only difference is Manu was the 3rd option so of course he’d score more.

Coop was the 6th option behind Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Byron Scott, AC Green…

Again, if y’all don’t know NBA history, just say so. It’s okay to be ignorant. I sympathize with you guys who’s parents ruled with an iron fist and didn’t let y’all watch adult content on television.

Last edited:
When did I say Manu never did any of this?? They had the same skillset and body type. I don’t know what else is needed to be said

Coop was a 34% 3pt shooter, Manu was 37%.
Coop was a 83% Ft shooter… Manu was 83%.

Manu 3.5 reb, 3.8 assists.
Coop 3.2 rebs… 4.2 assists.

But yeah. Not the same player
You literally said they played the same role. Now you’re pointing at FT and 3P% to try and prove… what?

Manu was above League average on more attempts from 3 and was anchoring 2nd units as the go to scorer. They didn’t play the same role.

You literally said they played the same role. Now you’re pointing at FT and 3P% to try and prove… what?

Manu was above League average on more attempts from 3 and was anchoring 2nd units as the go to scorer. They didn’t play the same role.

Okay man. Other than scoring (which Coop definitely was capable of doing more) he and Manu were identical. Coop manned the second unit and was a FAR superior defender. Manu was decent too as a defender but we all know that was more so Bruce Bowen’s role with the Spurs.

Coop brought the ball up and made plays as a passer just as a Manu did. He was also first off the bench like Manu. Again, if you don’t know it’s okay. Their shooting numbers are identical

Manu never made an all defensive team. Coop made 8.

The fact that man intimated if someone (not even a basketball fan but anyone) saw JJ Redick in the streets they would think he was a plumber is where he lost me :lol:

Okay man. Other than scoring (which Coop definitely was capable of doing more) he and Manu were identical. Coop manned the second unit and was a FAR superior defender. Manu was decent too as a defender but we all know that was more so Bruce Bowen’s role with the Spurs.

Coop brought the ball up and made plays as a passer just as a Manu did. He was also first off the bench like Manu. Again, if you don’t know it’s okay. Their shooting numbers are identical

Manu never made an all defensive team. Coop made 8.
You keep saying “if you don’t know” when YOU’RE the one who isn’t right :lol:. Cooper couldn’t shoot it or score like Manu, and Cooper was a much better defender than Manu. Not the same role at all. You’re the one wrong here

“Clearly” athletic looking :lol: :lol:lol :lol: :lol:

Again, I can ask any of from hood, and compare Coop and Redick in street clothes and they probably gone say Redick is a detective.

E2DEA798-E37F-4DA4-90BE-5EBA768E7776.jpeg

You keep saying “if you don’t know” when YOU’RE the one who isn’t right :lol:. Cooper couldn’t shoot it or score like Manu, and Cooper was a much better defender than Manu. Not the same role at all. You’re the one wrong here

Coop couldn’t shoot or score??? Their shooting numbers are IDENTICAL. But he couldn’t shoot or score like Manu? :lol: :lol:lol :lol: :rofl:

And coop had range…

The same Manu who single handedly lost us game 6 against the heat in 2013???

Dude missed a crucial FT with 28 seconds left

Last edited:
reddick was pretty irrelevant in the nba and his talkshow only pops off when he says some outlandish stuff :lol:
He is only decent to listen to because everyone in espn are out there when they are playing that hot take game and he is not yelling as much. Only guy I can stand is prob legler

Couldn’t shoot or score??? Their shooting numbers are IDENTICAL

And coop had range…
You’re comparing a guy who shot 1.4 3PA for his career versus a guy who shot 3.8. Don’t work like that champ. You started off calling him “an occasional spot up shooter”.

You’re comparing a guy who shot 1.4 3PA for his career versus a guy who shot 3.8. Don’t work like that champ. You started off calling him “an occasional spot up shooter”.

This is Manu from 2002-2006…

DB92CF71-E77D-4D4B-918E-1007AEF463D9.jpeg

This is Coop when he started shooting more…

D8AF4AFF-7A7A-4455-BF02-BEE6B62D9E74.jpeg

You got it though!! (I left out Manu’s peak years when had 4 100+ make seasons)

But if you think Coop would’ve shot more and his numbers would be worse, that’s on you

Now we are saying a former NBA player doesn't look like a plumber but rather a detective. Yet he would give any of those dudes from your hood who called him a plumber or detective that work at any point during the the past 20 years

What are we doing here, man :lol:

Now we are saying a former NBA player doesn't look like a plumber but rather a detective. Yet he would give any of those dudes from your hood who called him a plumber or detective that work at any point during the the past 20 years

What are we doing here, man :lol:

Keyon Dooling is from my hood…

This is Manu from 2002-2006…

DB92CF71-E77D-4D4B-918E-1007AEF463D9.jpeg

This is Coop when he started shooting more…

D8AF4AFF-7A7A-4455-BF02-BEE6B62D9E74.jpeg

You got it though!! (I left out Manu’s peak years when had 4 100+ make seasons)

But if you think Coop would’ve shot more and his numbers would be worse, that’s on you
I’m sure these sample sizes you took completely made sense and paint a clear picture of their similarities :lol:

Back
Top Bottom