The Official NBA Season Thread

JJ Redick had a better career and would give Keyon Dooling that work. If you're saying you would take Keyon Dooling on your NBA franchise then you are either trolling or don't care for winning basketball.

And that is no disrespect to Keyon but your statement unfortunately led to him catching a stray

If JJ played in the corny 80s he would have had a dumbass nickname like “the downtown sniper” and Cooper would be telling us how JJ would have averaged 40 ppg today. Those old farts stick together no matter what. I almost respect it.

If JJ played in the corny 80s he would have had a dumbass nickname like “the downtown sniper” and Cooper would be telling us how JJ would have averaged 40 ppg today. Those old farts stick together no matter what. I almost respect it.

I'm so tired of it.

THEY have gotten away with these lies for too long.

Reactions: HIM
Wanna know the real reason all these old guys hate this new generation of players and their game? Cooper gave it away without even knowing.

............."these guys making this money"...................

These old guys are/will always be sore about that money. They feel like these dudes get to take games off, aren't as skilled, soft, etc. And yet, even the role players are pulling in 8 figures. They .38 hot bout that **** and it seeps through their pores every time they open up about today's game.

JJ Redick just gave them another target to shoot at. Like I said, he didn't say anything wrong.

Wanna know the real reason all these old guys hate this new generation of players and their game? Cooper gave it away without even knowing.

These old guys are/will always be sore about that money. They feel like these dudes get to take games off, aren't as skilled, soft, etc. And yet, even the role players are pulling in 8 figures. They .38 hot bout that **** and it seeps through their pores every time they open up about today's game.

JJ Redick just gave them another target to shoot at. Like I said, he didn't say anything wrong.

Funny thing is, a lot of former players are wealthier than current players or dudes who retired recently….

I don’t think every former player is a pocket watcher.

Delonta West out here pandhandling and Ben Simmons lying about “mental Health” trying to recoup money because he scared to get boo’d….

Agreed. I brought this up yesterday but old heads HATE load management. Chuck literally said the other day "you can't make 30, 40, 50 million and take games off". They are big mad about the average salary being ~$10MM.

The wealthiest NBA player other than names like Magic, Jordan, Shaq, etc was a journeyman and is worth half a billion but okay.

Now the argument has evolved into pocket watching:rofl: :rofl:

Shout out Junior Bridgeman for the black excellence :pimp: :pimp:

Funny thing is, a lot of former players are wealthier than current players or dudes who retire recently….

I highly doubt this. There's probably a handful of superstars players that have that type of money, but the majority of role and bench players from the past eras aren't seeing todays bread. Shoutout to Ulysses Bridgemen, but his bread didn't come from basketball.

Funny thing is, a lot of former players are wealthier than current players or dudes who retired recently….

I don’t think every former player is a pocket watcher.

Delonta West out here pandhandling and Ben Simmons lying about “mental Health” trying to recoup money because he scared to get boo’d….

Bro....what is this based on? Both JJ and Manu made over $100MM in their careers. Ben Simmons will probably be out of the league before turning 30 and will have made over $150MM.

Michael Cooper probably barely made $10MM, if that :lol:

The current day money is insane compared to the old days, across all sports.

Bro....what is this based on? Both JJ and Manu made over $100MM in their careers. Ben Simmons will probably be out of the league before turning 30 and will have made over $150MM.

Michael Cooper probably barely made $10MM, if that :lol:

The current day money is insane compared to the old days, across all sports.

Magic, Junior Bridgeman, Vinnie Johnson, David Robinson and Hakeem are all in the top 10…

Now I don’t have the numbers of the majority of everyone else but it ain’t far fetched.

Just like Rodger Staubach is the wealthiest former NFL player ever.

Agreed. I brought this up yesterday but old heads HATE load management. Chuck literally said the other day "you can't make 30, 40, 50 million and take games off". They are big mad about the average salary being ~$10MM.

He said ALL former players. We weren’t even talking about Coopers net worth. Someone else factored in money. I don’t think Coop cares about JJ Redick’s money.

MIKE LOWERY MIKE LOWERY brought money, unrelated to the Coop vs JJ argument

finessence finessence just like to argue. No rhyme or reason. Because he’s all over the place. :lol:

All over the place? With factual information to back it? And actually a person who has Watched basketball since the mid 90s?

Again it’s OK to be wrong. There’s a reason Michael Cooper played his entire NBA career for one team…. The Lakers

The Athletic just published a poll of retired players:

ath1.PNG

Back
Top Bottom