The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I’m kind of doubtful the Celtics behind-the-scenes story is that juicy. They have some talented players, but not necessarily with the most complimentary skill sets. This is exacerbated by the fact they’ve had pretty ****ty injury/illness luck during these COVID season. They‘ve still arguably underachieved, so that’s going to lead to some tension and guys getting sick of each other.

Kind of reminds me of the last couple seasons of the Lob City Clippers.
I think when they express their true feelings dating back to kyrie and Hayward being hurt, reaching a conf finals and feeling like you're on the cusp of a ring (especially feeling like you don't need those guys and the NBA is "easy") in addition to their feelings leading up to the next season and beyond, it will be interesting for sure.

It won't be a Kobe and Shaq drama. But it will be a story of entitlement with no accomplishment and the ill feelings associated with it.

Imo

In addition to, asset hoarding, apprehensive trigger fingers in regards to trades, coaching mistrust, kyrie being a nutcase, then thinking Hayward wasn't that good etc etc.

Last edited:
So you’re wanting him to opt out of 90 mil plus, or come off the bench? Because the message has been sent, he’s not starting and no one in their right mind is taking that contract.

The fact that some folks don’t get this and are still asking is perplexing to me. I can’t be mad at or feel bad for any party involved

1641539399663.gif

Eric Bledsoe is not nba talent. and I'd absolutely hate to be on his team. And i'd be waiting with the fisticuffs after the game. Wouldn't even catch him fairly. I'd be waitng behind the door and punch him in the back of the head :lol:. He deserves to get jumped for his *******. I cant stand him.

I like how Ainge and Stevens - the people who were lowkey responsible for the present day Celtics ****storm - peeped the fire about the spark and dipped out to let someone else deal with it.

Idk if Udoku is a good coach or not but he got a **** situation with players who can’t play together and he gotta eat the blame cuz the people responsible dipped out :smh:

Should’ve went all in when they had their chance but were too attached to their assets and building organically for the long term. Trying to be the next Golden State or San Antonio but you don’t have Curry/Dray or Duncan/Pop… that **** isn’t realistic. For years all the media would talk about was Boston’s assets and now look where it’s taken them. Reason why I laugh when people ask if Lakers fans regret trading their young players for the 2020 ring. I would do that **** 11/10 times it’s not even a question.

Last edited:
Curry leading the west in all star votes by 500k so far.

Klutch bouta turn up the bot machine to steal the election soon.

top team Warriors losing again to a lottery-bound team. clearly they don't need Steph since they have an awesome stack of players, right?

I like how Ainge and Stevens - the people who were lowkey responsible for the present day Celtics ****stors - peeped the fire about the spark and dipped out to let someone else deal with it.

Idk if Udoku is a good coach or not but he got a **** situation with players who can’t play together and he gotta eat the blame cuz the people responsible dipped out :smh:

Should’ve went all in when they had their chance but were too attached to their assets and building organically for the long term. Trying to be the next Golden State or San Antonio but you don’t have Curry/Dray or Duncan/Pop… that **** isn’t realistic. For years all the media would talk about was Boston’s assets and now look where it’s taken them. Reason why I laugh when people ask if Lakers fans regret trading their young players for the 2020 ring. I would do that **** 11/10 times it’s not even a question.

Couldn’t agree more about that situation Udoka is in. Ridiculous he’s getting all the fingers pointed at him now.

That podcast :lol:. Those entire two summers of Bill Simmons podcasts are absolutely elite for delusional Celtics hype. Same period when we got the Brad Stevens > Giannis talk from Chris Mannix.

Nothing screwed the Celtics more than the 2019 Kings and 2020 Grizzlies being decent. Those were supposed to be top five picks handed to them.

Nothing screwed the Celtics more than the 2019 Kings and 2020 Grizzlies being decent. Those were supposed to be top five picks handed to them.
That really really hurts but they were still in range to draft a rotation player.

Couldn’t agree more about that situation Udoka is in. Ridiculous he’s getting all the fingers pointed at him now.

That podcast :lol:. Those entire two summers of Bill Simmons podcasts are absolutely elite for delusional Celtics hype. Same period when we got the Brad Stevens > Giannis talk from Chris Mannix.
Don’t think Udoka is getting all the blame at all. Everyone knows personnel is the main issue. Trying to put pieces back together after injuries to Kemba and Hayward. Make more tradable contracts. Every move made in the off-season was to do that and get under the tax.

Udoka certainly isn’t above all criticism though. It’s ok to point out things he’s doing that are really dumb and make no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom