The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, B Sox B Sox beat me to it but I'm not sure it is accurate that Brad Stevens reached his ceiling. He never made it past the conference finals but he made it there regularly with suboptimal roster construction. That's also probably why he didn't the level of criticism as the other guys you mentioned. In my opinion, the mismangement on "assets" held him back from reaching his potential as much, if not more, than anything he did as a head coach.
Ceiling on this roster, not as a person. Should be clear I meant that with the other examples of coaches I gave who eventually had to move on from their first jobs.

Before Lebron we didn’t blink at Mike, Kobe etc going one on one and taking tough 2’s against guys.

Now we actually encourage taking the easiest route possible. Matchup hunting with your star wing

Jordan and Kobe were able to win championships doing that, though. If a player was doing that today and was winning then you would not see any blinking. Instead we have Jayson Tatum.

A similar example which is particularly relevant at this very moment would be Steph. When those shots were falling the past several seasons folks were quiet. Now Steph goes through a rough little 16 game stretch and MVP MVP BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE HOU$TON HOU$TON are running around during athe dog days season of the season with their shirts off going at him :smh:

Yep I mean Hortford (the first time) Kyrie Hayward Kemba all leaving and getting essentially nothing in return is tough to overcome

Building the team around Tatum and brown isn’t the issue IMO it’s simply that they’ve gotten nothing for the talent that’s left, and have failed at building out the roster on the margins.
Offseason will be massive for the future of the team. Don't really think anything is going to be done at the deadline other than shedding salary to get under the tax. Ownership told Stevens this when he got the job. His hands were tied on what he could do last summer.

They have the non-Tatum/Brown contracts to match any salary in the league and all of their own picks/swaps. Basically the package that a guy like Jrue Holiday was had for. Add a 3rd piece to Brown and Tatum and everything all of the sudden works again.

Offseason will be massive for the future of the team. Don't really think anything is going to be done at the deadline other than shedding salary to get under the tax. Ownership told Stevens this when he got the job. His hands were tied on what he could do last summer.

They have the non-Tatum/Brown contracts to match any salary in the league and all of their own picks/swaps. Basically the package that a guy like Jrue Holiday was had for. Add a 3rd piece to Brown and Tatum and everything all of the sudden works again.
Maybe I can interest you in a Julius Randle

Jordan and Kobe were able to win championships doing that, though. If a player was doing that today and was winning then you would not see any blinking. Instead we have Jayson Tatum.

A similar example which is particularly relevant at this very moment would be Steph. When those shots were falling the past several seasons folks were quiet. Now Steph goes through a rough little 16 game stretch and MVP MVP BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE HOU$TON HOU$TON are running around during athe dog days season of the season with their shirts off going at him :smh:

Steph has had a number of terrible shooting nights in the playoffs and finals. Just because he wasn't a playoff participant the last 2 years makes that any less true.

Before Lebron we didn’t blink at Mike, Kobe etc going one on one and taking tough 2’s against guys.

i don’t think you’re giving MJ enough credit for how efficient he was especially the backhalf of his career

I look at dude more in vein of dirk with how efficient he was with the midrange game

Steph has been below average from the field in 63% of the games he's played this season. More than just a rough stretch at this point. If it was anyone else we'd be calling him washed

Last edited:
Psss the league was already headed towards shooting lots of threes.

Steph just accelerated it and became the living proof of winning at the highest level because of it.

i don’t think you’re giving MJ enough credit for how efficient he was especially the backhalf of his career

I look at dude more in vein of dirk with how efficient he was with the midrange game

??? I’m not saying that that style of play wasn’t efficient for MJ or Kobe. If you win it works.

More so saying I didn’t see wings playing the point calling for smalls to set screens the way Bron does it now. That’s his entire crunch time offense at times. Very effective

??? I’m not saying that that style of play wasn’t efficient for MJ or Kobe. If you win it works.

More so saying I didn’t see wings playing the point calling for smalls to set screens the way Bron does it now. That’s his entire crunch time offense at times. Very effective

i would compare what Lebron is doing similar to what MJ did, to a degree

kobe we knew was shooting not matter who or how many people were guarding him

MJ worked the situation to either get his shot or to set up certain guys

Out of time the only song I’m gonna run back to on The Weeknd album. Rest I’ll be fine never hearing again

JAYLEN BROWN IS ANDREW WIGGINS WITH A BAD FADE

DAF7DD10-991B-478F-A2FC-5C5EDA9AB449.jpeg

Steph get too much love in here. I don’t like that.

0DE5E014-379B-4CCB-8CF2-28470BE30C4E.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom