The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph has been below average from the field in 63% of the games he's played this season. More than just a rough stretch at this point. If it was anyone else we'd be calling him washed

Of course you pulled out the % of games to make the situation appear more dire than it is considering we are not even halfway through the season. Sad.

I will be ready to have the conversation about Steph Curry that you have been seeking come ASB, though 🤝

You cant be complaining too much about roster construction Brown and Tatum are supposed to be all stars. Smart, Williams , Shroeder and even Horford has been decent .
None of the players you named can shoot, and Schroder is the only one that can create a shot for himself. Kind of an issue. The roster itself is good enough to be in all these games, hence why they basically never get beaten by a wide margin, but they're incredibly easy to defend in crunch time when the game slows down.

I like Grant Williams and Pritchard too, even though they are limited. I still can't decide put my finger on Langford or Nesmith.

None of the players you named can shoot, and Schroder is the only one that can create a shot for himself. Kind of an issue. The roster itself is good enough to be in all these games, hence why they basically never get beaten by a wide margin, but they're incredibly easy to defend in crunch time when the game slows down.
All of these teams have issues one way or another with the cap. How many teams really have more than 3 shot creators? It’s just that Brown and Tatum have to be better. They shouldn’t have a record this bad if they are both all stars. It’s like their play doesn’t elevate the rest of the team.

I think Bron has definitely change the way superstar wings maneuver

The heliocentric pick on the pg style wasn’t really there prior to him
what B.S. is this?

Attachments

• Pippen.jpg
    Pippen.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 126
Of course you pulled out the % of games to make the situation appear more dire than it is considering we are not even halfway through the season. Sad.

I will be ready to have the conversation about Steph Curry that you have been seeking come ASB, though 🤝
We're literally 3 games from the halfway point :lol:. 63% is 63%. The numbers don't lie. I believe you told me he'd shoot above average the rest of the way and get back to his career averages. Instead he's gotten even worse and is sitting out games for load management. Take away the mirage and this is objectively a player on the decline under any lens

the thing I’d give bron credit for is Klutch

but even the short term deals, jordan was using that too back in the 90s to force the organization to do things
Lebron is Klutch? is it April already? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

what in particular were you saying that Jordan has anything to do with roster building and forcing organization to do things in the 90s?

All of these teams have issues one way or another with the cap. How many teams really have more than 3 shot creators? It’s just that Brown and Tatum have to be better. They shouldn’t have a record this bad if they are both all stars. It’s like their play doesn’t elevate the rest of the team.
I think they both have to be better for sure. But I also know what they are as players. Jaylen Brown is a very good scorer that is an awful passer who doesn’t really make anybody better. Would be a perfect 2B/3rd option. Kinda like Middleton for example.

Tatum is not a natural point forward like Bron or Luka but they are forcing him into that role. He’s getting much better as a passer, but I still don’t think he should need to be a PG. Especially if you aren’t going to surround him with anyone that can shoot other than Brown.

I like Timelord but he literally can’t do anything offensively but dunk and pass. He can’t dribble, can’t shoot, and doesn’t have a single post move.

Smart is a utility energy guy that can pass but is incapable of running an offense because he doesn’t put pressure on defenses.

The coach that I’m not allowed to criticize chooses not to close games with guys like Pritchard/Richardson/Grant Williams who are the better shooters on the team. Closing games in crunch time with Tatum at point, two 30ish% 3pt shooters off ball, and a big that can’t do anything but dunk is malpractice.

Yeah, B Sox B Sox beat me to it but I'm not sure it is accurate that Brad Stevens reached his ceiling. He never made it past the conference finals but he made it there regularly with suboptimal roster construction. That's also probably why he didn't the level of criticism as the other guys you mentioned. In my opinion, the mismangement on "assets" held him back from reaching his potential as much, if not more, than anything he did as a head coach.
the Celtics didn't have a bonafide superstar. the one superstar they had was Kyrie which didn't fit into their system. not to mention, the Celtics did better without Kyrie.

We're literally 3 games from the halfway point :lol:. 63% is 63%. The numbers don't lie. I believe you told me he'd shoot above average the rest of the way and get back to his career averages. Instead he's gotten even worse and is sitting out games for load management. Take away the mirage and this is objectively a player on the decline under any lens

Still not telling the full story, man. He's 43/40 through 26 games. That means shooting roughly 50/45 over the remaining 55 games puts him right back at his career averages. That isn't absurd to think he can do do that given his previous season and this slump/what many of us believe is causing it (force feeding and atypical offensive flow for GSW)

I posed a hypothetical and he's been woefully below that in his nine games since that post and is now 42/39. The chances of him reaching his career averages this season are highly unlikely and I was wrong.

I am not sure if your passion about this topic is fueled by Westbrook/Lakers fandom or Steph hate, but I do not think the point you are trying to drive home by comparing Steph and Westbrook's declines this season without actually comparing Steph and Westbrook's play is valid.

I posed a hypothetical and he's been woefully below that in his nine games since that post and is now 42/39. The chances of him reaching his career averages this season are highly unlikely and I was wrong.

I am not sure if your passion about this topic is fueled by Westbrook/Lakers fandom or Steph hate, but I do not think the point you are trying to drive home by comparing Steph and Westbrook's declines this season without actually comparing Steph and Westbrook's play is valid.
I'm just calling it how I see it. People think it's hate then they slowly start to recognize. Steph appears to be on a decline. Is what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom