The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to elaborate?
Maybe a high concentration of rich white folks are always in or around SLC (for leisure purposes) and Wade wants to get buddy buddy with them for business ventures. Diff than the LA/NY even Silicon Valley crowd

In Yellowstone (set in Montana) scene they point out how in the restaurant of a lodge they could throw a boomerang and hit 5 billionaires. They claimed that it is just a different tier of wealth than your typical rich LA/NYC crowd because nature just attracts those types. I'm sure SLC is similar

I’d be surprised if Tatum was the one that got traded hypothetically. It’s clear they want him to be the face of the organization. You don’t just give someone their own Ruffles flavor.

Depending on the event I’ll watch basketball at a football game

Sometimes I’ll watch a video of someone at a basketball game watching someone watch basketball at a football game
leo.png

Other white coaches specifically Dantoni, Thibs, and Budenholzer also went through the same cycle where they were anointed top coaches in the L for their outstanding regular season performances on their first teams.

The media and fans then turned on each of them (overturned) when they consistently failed to make the finals as a result of bad luck, mistakes, losing to superior opponents etc. Each of them ended up going to new teams and grinding to try and make it back.

Budenholzer finally broke through and won this past year after being relentlessly criticized, called an idiot etc. Thibs ended up looking more funny in the light when he had to adapt to other rosters, he’s doing ok though. Mike D will probably go down as one of the top coaches to always fall short.

Brad Stevens? He just quit when he reached his ceiling. Somehow dodged the level of criticism those other guys got though. Pretty slick maneuver.

He really got a promotion for underperforming :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom