The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another NBA venue in Vegas?

Vegas got alotta empty space and really nothing outside the strip so theres places for all these venues…But you right it’s wild building em back to back, it’s like they competing with themselves for no reason :lol: , at some point these projects are gonna be duds cuz you can’t go to em all

Hope they don’t trick the locals into putting up any public funds

could it be used for the 2028 Olympics?

would be a decent travel but could theoretically be done

I 100% agree but at the time would you have ranked Vogel above all 3?

I think he would have been over Monty at the time. I am not totally sure about Bron's relationship with Lue so IDK how feasible that was. Dudes were dragging Kidd to the point that I feel his off-the-court stuff was getting brought up. The water spill gif probably came out numerous times.

Frank actually might have been the right decision at the time but give all that's happened and revisionist history, it's easy to point back and laugh...despite the fact they won a championship with Vogel at the helm :lol:

Vogel can only cook so much with the terrible ingredients he was handed this year…But going back yo was def not a head n shoulders above/clear cut choice over the rest of the coaches mentioned…Y’all must have forgot how bad it ended with yo in Orlando :lol: :smh: , I watched all of that disaster and can’t blame it on bad rosters cuz he had a say in personnel back then too

Who would have thought...we have a Canadian operative working in the U.S. Department of the Treasury lurking in the NBA thread
So encouraging your fanbase to lose their money in unproven ponzi schemes and possibly participate in money laundering for nefarious purposes like terrorism is a harmless cause…

Interesting…
Probably some international money laundering going on with that new las vegas stadium proposal

Yeah…taking a step back, it’s probably more of a testament to the power of Lebby and it actually makes sense. Based off of my observations, I don’t see coaches like Kidd, Lue and M. Williams taking a backseat like Vogel has.

Even if you turn back the clock, at the end of the day, there’s two choices: the one that was made that led to a pretty good but “pushover” coach who sat back as Lebby/Klutch/Rich gutted the team to what it is now and mortgaged the future…but won a championship.

OR getting a good-to-great coach who is more strong-willed, wouldn’t have approved the roster overhaul which MIGHT have set you up for a better future and maybe you still would have won a championship during his first three seasons.

There’s probably a chance that this still happens and Lue, Kidd or M. Williams and it would be their name getting dragged through the mud. All things considered it probably worked out for them professionally and as a franchise the Lakers still got a ring 🤷‍♂️
they got lucky with that ring. that season was more like summer league. less games heading to the playoffs, competitions timely injuries for some of the favorite contenders top players.

could it be used for the 2028 Olympics?

would be a decent travel but could theoretically be done
Sure but that would be an even worse waste of money just building something for the Olympics…That’s a certified money pit, but they can go for it long as it’s money coming outta already rich folks pockets

They would also have to find another way to connect Vegas to LA, but the way this country deals with transportation that’s a long shot

Last edited:

42818c3745b53650986c39b6e7278de4.jpg

it happens.

they got lucky with that ring. that season was more like summer league. less games heading to the playoffs, competitions timely injuries for some of the favorite contenders top players.

I completely understand that 2020 was unlike any other NBA championship but we were also at an unprecedented time in WORLD (not just NBA) history. The circumstances may have been different from a season-over-season aspect in the sense that it was in The Bubble but all 30 teams played under those same unique circumstances and the Lakers won. Can't really discount it when all the other teams had to deal with the same thing

Kuzma brings a lot of value to the Wizards organization…Solid on the court and models when they need him to :pimp:

MY Top 3 MVP Candidates

Ja
Giannis
Luka

ROY: Barnes (obv)

COTY:
Monty
Spo
Jenkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back