The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean 80% of them are optional.

for me personally, I dont think its fair to criticize a game for optional side missions.

If I did, a lot of games I consider "masterpieces" would be no more than a 7/10.

Why the heck not?

Why put in subpar minigames into your game if you're not willing to be reviewed on it.

Like the brawler match against Sephiroth....are you kidding me? I counted max 15 dodges before I was able to hit him. I tried figuring out attack patterns, but the way they designed it was that you couldn't really tell until last second. I can see if most of these took actual learning and skill, but most of the minigames went down to if you got lucky with the patterns tbh.

Piano - why did the patterns not match with the music playing? I had to turn off the volume to be able to match the patterns.

Why the heck not?

Why put in subpar minigames into your game if you're not willing to be reviewed on it.

Like the brawler match against Sephiroth....are you kidding me? I counted max 15 dodges before I was able to hit him. I tried figuring out attack patterns, but the way they designed it was that you couldn't really tell until last second. I can see if most of these took actual learning and skill, but most of the minigames went down to if you got lucky with the patterns tbh.

Piano - why did the patterns not match with the music playing? I had to turn off the volume to be able to match the patterns.

sounds like you just need to git gud.

Jason Schreier's work is important.

I agree. But not as important as he thinks he is.

As a personality he just irritates me. He is undeniably good at what he does, but over the last few years he seems to have an agenda in his reporting. Maybe I'm just reading into it too much.

Not everyone's favorite person ( :lol: at me for posting this after giving Schreier grief, too), but some great points here

This might explain why.

Sony is a 100 billion company that does deals and acquisition all the time

That have on staff or can afford some of the best lawyers, accountants, and economists that analyze the deal beforehand

Rumor is MS walked away from negotiations with Bungie

Tons of companies walk away from deals after reviewing relevant information

So Sony didn't do their due diligence and got scammed by Bungie?

They probably did like every other company that made a dumb decision when the market was looking up.

And letting Bungie take all the blame for them firing hundreds of people

Last edited:
large.gallery_19000_9_56490.jpg.61303ead9a1d2268c5814199a9ebbd67.jpg

I wore this issue out.

Game Informer was everything growing up. Hit the magazine stand at the grocery store every time looking for the latest issues.

That have on staff or can afford some of the best lawyers, accountants, and economists that analyze the deal beforehand

They probably did like every other company that made a dumb decision when the market was looking up.

Speaking as an auditor, you can do your due diligence on a company still not detect fraud or other shenanigans because of deliberate actions of management.

Sony may have made that statement about being bamboozled to save face or because that's what actually went down.

Either the bottom line is the saddening trend continues of studios closing and people losing jobs.

I think Sony thought that their marathon game would get a better response when it was test ready. But from what one of the streamers Azteccross said, they brought a large panel to test and asked would anyone play this on their own and no one raised their hand. That’s when they knew they had to do a hard reset. Bungie stretched themselves too thin and as a result their current cash cow has suffered.

If they switched to the model there were leaks of today in the future, Destiny 2 is dead by next year as well and bungie would be dissolved.

I think Sony thought that their marathon game would get a better response when it was test ready. But from what one of the streamers Azteccross said, they brought a large panel to test and asked would anyone play this on their own and no one raised their hand. That’s when they knew they had to do a hard reset. Bungie stretched themselves too thin and as a result their current cash cow has suffered.

If they switched to the model there were leaks of today in the future, Destiny 2 is dead by next year as well and bungie would be dissolved.
That seems like a very idiotic thing for Sony to do. Especially spend/bet billions on.

I think in the FCC leaks, Microsoft were concerned with Bungie based on how they were burning through cash. Sony had to know this too.

Plus from reporting after the deal Bungie went on a spending spree and hired a ton of extra people.

I think Sony was like other tech companies, made a bad decision, and now they have to clean up the mess. Which includes firing hundreds of people

And lucky for them from a PR standpoint, Bungie 's management is taking nearly all the blame.

Last edited:
I think the main issue with Destiny that screwed them is that it is so hard for new and returning players to get into it

And instead of fixing that

That just tried to milk incumbent players as much as possible

I think the main issue with Destiny that screwed them is that it is so hard for new and returning players to get into it

And instead of fixing that

That just tried to milk incumbent players as much as possible

They honestly fixed this with this latest dlc. You are within 5 light of the highest player on your fireteam.

But at this point a lot of the goodwill they built has been destroyed.

Nah man that game is overwhelming if you are just trying to jump in. I feel like most of these service games are.

They were cool at first and changed the industry but ultimately backed themselves into a corner.

I agree. But not as important as he thinks he is.

As a personality he just irritates me. He is undeniably good at what he does, but over the last few years he seems to have an agenda in his reporting. Maybe I'm just reading into it too much.
I can’t stand that dude :lol:

Eventually, but not day-1. Will wait a bit and see how the reviews go. The early gameplay looked a bit mediocre, so hope there will be fixes.

More recent previews have been more positive but unless IT is a big time release i.e. (Ragnarok or SM2) very rarely cop games on Day 1 anymore.

Bucked that trend this year with CFB 25 and my recent pre-order of Astro Bot but Outlaws won't be one of them.

Back
Top Bottom