The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CP turned the HDR10 setting off by itself. I turned it on & started messing with the screen settings. Updated it & started looking around the city in HDR...
Crashed lol

Check to see if your HDR setting is on or not, curious to see if that causes crashes.

certification has absolutely nothing to do with how poorly a game runs and whether or not geometry and textures load properly

this is absolutely a pr move, i just dont know if its a good one

From what I understand, the main reason Sony did this is because CDPR, without consulting or notifying Sony, told everyone to call PlayStation Network support for a refund. I'd be pissed as hell, too. lol

I don't have any investment to cyberpunk but them touting they recouped dev cost with preorders alone, the horrible apology letter after release, the way they handled this entire release is a slap in the face to gamers and consumers alike.

2EEA6166-195B-44C7-9E6B-8852CB7AD859.gif

My brand new RTX 3070 failed on my PC shortly after downloading and playing about 10 hours of cyberpunk. Not saying it caused it but I wouldn’t be surprised. Luckily I’m under warranty. Getting it replaced then deleting cyberpunk off my PC. Gonna request a refund or just charge back with my CC

Bruh

Hopefully when CP relaunches or is put back on the PSN it’s listed for $40 and actually works

What news to wake up to :lol:

I'm loving it though because it means their greed didn't pay off.
Tried to rush it out for the new console holiday period and it failed.

Big balls from Sony though cuz that is a lot of money lost by removing the game off the store.
Still, It's a good move since CDPR just tried to pass the heat onto them and MS about the refunds.

Game runs terrible everywhere including PC where they did the most QA.
The reddit is just filled with videos of bugs and glitches. You know it wasn't close to ready.

Reputation down the drain after so many years of goodwill.

Last edited:
It did seem like they were putting the refunds off onto sony because of their anti consumer refund policy, but ended up backfiring with Sony removing the game entirely from the store. Seriously you cant make this mess up cdpr looking more shadier the longer this drags on

I deleted that game right after i played it for about 2 hours and just now submitted for my refund thru Sony

this guy sums it up pretty good

Sony had to create a webpage on their site for this and will lose money. They must be vexed :lol:
I'm glad that this will send a shockwave in the industry (I hope) to make sure your game is not a broken mess.

The game already sold 16 million and would've done the same in 2021. I don't know what pressure from investors is like but surely you can wait a year for a game that will easily reach 30 million in sales.

It's not like they were struggling as a company either since they own GOG and the Netflix show for the Witcher was a big hit.

I havent gotten too far in CP2077 nor have i had major issues, but i think im gonna go ahead and get a refund.

ill grab it when(if) the next gen update is out and hopefully at a cheaper price.

a lot of folks gonna lose their job and have a tainted career off of this

I havent gotten too far in CP2077 nor have i had major issues, but i think im gonna go ahead and get a refund.

ill grab it when(if) the next gen update is out and hopefully at a cheaper price.

a lot of folks gonna lose their job and have a tainted career off of this

The devs still got their bonuses even though it dropped below 90 Metacritic. I still feel for them though.
The problem is with upper management.

If they fired people now after they had to crunch then it would go public and even be worse PR.
Jason Schrier will be ready to pounce if that happened.

Best thing they can do is weather the storm, get the game to a good state, do something like give free DLC or something for good PR to restore their reputation.

Back
Top Bottom