The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which tvs are you guys playing your ps5's on?

Recently purchased an LG N85 55 inch and had to return it due to these white patches of light around the edge of the screen.

Going to buy a new on this coming week.

Some ideas would be helpful in me deciding what to get.

Right now, I'm going with picking up the TCL 6 Series R635 model.

I purchased an R635 65" and returned it after 6 days. It was pretty solid on brightness and 60hz gaming but everything else was unacceptable - it's unnecessarily heavy too. When the reviewers state that you should not select a TV model solely for its gaming prowess, they are exactly right. There are too many other things that need to be considered that play into your overall enjoyment regardless of content....

The tone mapping, color science, upscaling, ROKU OS and ROKU remote were all significantly below my standards w/ the R635. I really wanted to like it too. So I went back home to Sony (what I'm used to) and got a 65" 900H and I have been thoroughly pleased after that scare with the TCL. 120hz gaming really is a gem to experience, albeit I'll be glad when it's much more sorted out.

This purchase was really just a stop-gap solution - I wanted something new to go with the next-gen consoles as we are sort of waiting for mini-led, 120hz/4k, premium VRR and ALLM to get fully baked into the mainstream offerings. Also for me, OLED is not an option... just not a fan of the tech.

The Konami discussion. They have multiple AAA franchises Castlevania, Contra, Metal Gear, Zone of The Enders, Gradius, Silent Hill, Goemen, Suikoden, etc.

Its sad what’s happened to them as a company. Capcom and Konami have been big reliable players since the 80s.

Castlevania Lords of shadow 2 just cant possible be the last vania game. if it was what an awful end to the legendary series

I purchased an R635 65" and returned it after 6 days. It was pretty solid on brightness and 60hz gaming but everything else was unacceptable - it's unnecessarily heavy too. When the reviewers state that you should not select a TV model solely for its gaming prowess, they are exactly right. There are too many other things that need to be considered that play into your overall enjoyment regardless of content....

The tone mapping, color science, upscaling, ROKU OS and ROKU remote were all significantly below my standards w/ the R635. I really wanted to like it too. So I went back home to Sony (what I'm used to) and got a 65" 900H and I have been thoroughly pleased after that scare with the TCL. 120hz gaming really is a gem to experience, albeit I'll be glad when it's much more sorted out.

This purchase was really just a stop-gap solution - I wanted something new to go with the next-gen consoles as we are sort of waiting for mini-led, 120hz/4k, premium VRR and ALLM to get fully baked into the mainstream offerings. Also for me, OLED is not an option... just not a fan of the tech.

Really?

I have been reading really good reviews everywhere about the R635.

I was thinking about the x900h but don't know if I wanna drop $1k on a tv.

Really?

I have been reading really good reviews everywhere about the R635.

I was thinking about the x900h but don't know if I wanna drop $1k on a tv.

Good reviews and research are why I went for it as well... there are few bad ones out there that fell way more in line with my experience, though.

I paid less than the 55" price for the 65" and still couldn't deal. I found myself CONSTANTLY making adjustments trying to make it look better than the Sony it replaced (800D) until I just gave up...

So in the end, I spent a bit more to get my peace back. I was able to get the 65" 900H for less than what the 55" costs as well, though... so it was a no brainer.

There is always the panel lottery philosophy... you might get a better one than I got. If you don't mind taking the TCL home (again, its kind of heavy), setting it up and possibly taking it back if it doesn't work for you... I can't argue with your choice because they are so cheap. The 65" I returned on Nov 29th still hasn't sold and is available at my local Best Buy for $595 open box. The box is about 20-30% bigger than normal flat tv boxes as well. The Sony felt like lifting half the weight in comparison, its wild.

I really think you will like it for gaming if you have no desire to go 120fps, for anything esle... movies, cable TV, HDR content... very tough call bro. Broke my heart, lol.

Will 3d audio work with any headset? I have a pair of hyper x cloud flights that came out in 2019. I was wondering if I needed a newer headset to experience 3d audio

GOW patch coming out right after I been playing it a few weeks and beat it already :lol: :smh:

It will be my third playthrough. I did WORK in my NG+ but for whatever reason it didn’t save to the cloud and I lost it when I moved to PS5

Back
Top Bottom