The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fdk lol
43870CD6-0B75-4574-937D-5AED00163E81.jpeg

SBA0D9U.gif

Ehh COVID was 100% the determining factor on why this release was different. Sony and PS would have made more than enough consoles for everyone but the supply chain was affected and no retailer released in store.

1000% incorrect. Sony has never produced more than enough consoles (see: PS2/PS3) and wouldn’t have this time due to costs. Sony has also said COVID did not affect them at all as it pertains to there supply.

Source:

I doubt they make any of Bethesda’s flagship titles like Elder Scrolls or Fallout console exclusive. All that lost revenue from PS players add up.

Or are you referring to those Double Fine games?:lol:

Obsidian
The Coalition
Bethesda (Phil Specer has already said most games with be exclusive and they don’t need the revenue they would have by making them available to all gamers I.e. PS5 ~ You should go read that interview. He also stated other titles would be a car by case bases).
Double Fine
Ninja Theory
The initiative (A bunch of stolen Sony devs from Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica)
Turn 10
Undead Labs

23 in all. Up from just 8 in 2018.

MS is definitely in a much better position with their acquisitions and gamepass compared to the XBOne but what they're lacking is momentum.
Sony this year came through with Ghosts and TLOU2 while going into next gen with Spider-Man and Demon Souls. This is the first time they're not going to lose money going into a new generation.

I don't expect any of the Zenimax games like Elders Scroll, Doom, Fallout, Starlink etc to be on a PS console again but MS should've had some exclusives at launch while you wait for those games.

If Sony streaks out ahead like last gen with the PS4 then I can't see Gamepass or those new studios making a difference.

It won't be PS4 level of dominance this gen but I don't see the Series outselling PS5.

You guys playing Miles in Performance or Fidelity mode?
I like Performance at 60fps, swing dive feels so real, just missing a fan to blow wind form the controller.
My son prefers Fidelity for the extra details and reflections.

Played Sockboy and it had Bruno Mars "Uptown Funk" during a level. The studio had to pay at least $300k for those rights. My friends company paid $250k to use Pitbull "I know you want me" for a webinar presentation.

That could mean financial year Q4 which will be between Jan and March

MS is definitely in a much better position with their acquisitions and gamepass compared to the XBOne but what they're lacking is momentum.
Sony this year came through with Ghosts and TLOU2 while going into next gen with Spider-Man and Demon Souls. This is the first time they're not going to lose money going into a new generation.

I don't expect any of the Zenimax games like Elders Scroll, Doom, Fallout, Starlink etc to be on a PS console again but MS should've had some exclusives at launch while you wait for those games.

If Sony streaks out ahead like last gen with the PS4 then I can't see Gamepass or those new studios making a difference.

It won't be PS4 level of dominance this gen but I don't see the Series outselling PS5.

That could mean financial year Q4 which will be between Jan and March

This.

The only games that I can see moving the needle towards Microsoft a bit are the Bethesda Games. I'd include the initiative in there as well. I think I'm more hyped to know what they're working on over any other studio except naughty dog. Like Jetpac said, the talent they're amassing is ridiculous.

Turn 10 and The Coalition are already making Xbox exclusive games. Double Fines next game will be on the PS5, ditto with Bethesdas next 2 games. It'll likely be 3 years from now, best case scenario, before any games come out exclusively for Xbox that can attract away potential PS buyers.

And to be honest, I think Sony appeal is beyond even their exclusives right now. Most of the people I see buying PS5s are playing COD, Fortnite and 2K. None of those games will ever be on Game pass. And right now those franchises all have incentives to play on Playstation. It's about the Playstation name now. Microsoft will never have that. By the time they're able to compete with Sonys games, the PS5 will be 10s of millions ahead.

And if Sony ever decides to improve upon PS now it's a wrap.

Miles Morales in Fidelity mode is EASILY the way to go. The way the game looks during certain moments on a 4K TV is breathtaking. When the light from his Venom punch illuminates everything for a split second before he knocks an enemy clean tf out *chefs kiss*

Was switching back and forth between Devil May Cry 5: SE and Resident Evil 7 flawlessly. The RE engine excels on these next gen consoles. Gonna finish RE 7 and then speed run through RE 2 and RE3 remake. Those games DOMINATED my childhood. I still have the strategy guide for Code Veronica on Dreamcast :lol: playing DMC 5: SE this morning. Smokin Sexy Style :nthat:

Obsidian
The Coalition
Bethesda (Phil Specer has already said most games with be exclusive and they don’t need the revenue they would have by making them available to all gamers I.e. PS5 ~ You should go read that interview. He also stated other titles would be a car by case bases).
Double Fine
Ninja Theory
The initiative (A bunch of stolen Sony devs from Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica)
Turn 10
Undead Labs

23 in all. Up from just 8 in 2018.
I want the Series X but I know I shouldn’t cop. My One, One S and One X didn’t get used nearly enough to justify a Series X purchase but I’ll unfortunately cop because of a mediocre Gears 6 :smh:

I think Ms is still looking to acquiremore studios according to Phil. They should go ahead and scoop up Mistwalker and give me Lost Odyssey 2 and Blue Dragon 2 :smokin

Question, with the buy 2 get 1 free deal from Target, I ended up buying 2K21, COD and Cyberpunk pre-order from there, I'm going to return 2K after I get it cause I'm going to grab it at Best Buy when I go pick up my digital PS5 today cause they have a steel book with their mamba edition. How does the refund from Target work in that case? They just divide the $100 by the 3 games I purchased or can I wait to exchange it for something else later?

Question, with the buy 2 get 1 free deal from Target, I ended up buying 2K21, COD and Cyberpunk pre-order from there, I'm going to return 2K after I get it cause I'm going to grab it at Best Buy when I go pick up my digital PS5 today cause they have a steel book with their mamba edition. How does the refund from Target work in that case? They just divide the $100 by the 3 games I purchased or can I wait to exchange it for something else later?
Most likely. Check the receipt...they probably have each game marked 33% off

Why am I getting a queue on some devices, but not all? On my iPad it's saying OOS, but my MBP& phone I'm in a queue

Back
Top Bottom