The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I downloaded the demo but haven’t even tried to play yet. The main character design and voice is awful. Is this supposed to take place before Final Fantasy I? That didn’t look like the Warrior of Light that I know :lol:

I downloaded the demo but haven’t even tried to play yet. The main character design and voice is awful. Is this supposed to take place before Final Fantasy I? That didn’t look like the Warrior of Light that I know :lol:

Demo was actually broken. Wouldn't boot up for anyone.

I was watching the Easy Allies Stream and they were saying FF1 has a time loop story or something between warrios of light and Garland or something so it could take place at some period in time or something.

Curious as to what Sony has for the PS5 Holliday line up since GoW: Ragnarok got pushed to 2022. Microsoft has Halo in the chamber on their side so a killer app will have to be highlighted

There's nothing Sony can release, imo, that will combat Halo. Although not as popular as it once was, Halo is still Halo and will do numbers regardless. Sony just needs to focus on getting Forbidden West out.

That’s where majority of the mp market is. It’d be nice if Sony had a legit FPS but with all the 3rd party ones available to PS users, I can see why they may not be in a rush.

Curious as to what Sony has for the PS5 Holliday line up since GoW: Ragnarok got pushed to 2022. Microsoft has Halo in the chamber on their side so a killer app will have to be highlighted

that sort of competition between the two doesnt really exist anymore other than in minds

halo will come out and do what exactly?

Microsoft after the bought out Bethesda games is making a push to be the home of exclusive Western RPGs

that sort of competition between the two doesnt really exist anymore other than in minds

halo will come out and do what exactly?

As a former Halo fan, I can attest that Halo 5 I played for maybe 2 weeks. Not even interested in getting an Xbox for a game that will lose my interest that quickly.

Yeah not going to make the mistake like I did last gen of buying a XB1X just for Forza Horizon 4 and backwards compatibility to play RDR1. After that the XB1X just sat and collected dust until I sold it for $275 right before the PS5 launch last year.

No thanks to Forza Horizon 5 and game pass.

As a former Halo fan, I can attest that Halo 5 I played for maybe 2 weeks. Not even interested in getting an Xbox for a game that will lose my interest that quickly.
This! 5 i was excited for and it was over fast. Reach was the last one i played for a while

If they Remaster Halo 3 for the new xbox. I’ll be RUNNING to buy an xbox. That game was perfect Campaign/Multiplayer everything.

I terms of shooters - Sony just doesn't have any.
Resistance 4 got scraped for rift apart because Sony had to many post apocalyptic games already out or in development. Insomiac hasn’t forgotten about the franchise maybe before the end of the ps5 life cycle we’ll get another one

Killzone 3 is still a favorite of mine, despite what revisionist history says.

That game was great. After-release support was not handled well which caused the player base to dwindle.

Shadow Fall was a step back, but I still have hope KZ makes a comeback.

What about killzone? Seems like the last one released was ps4 launch im sure a new one would look good on ps5 60 fps, RT, etc...

Killzone 3 is still a favorite of mine, despite what revisionist history says.

That game was great. After-release support was not handled well which caused the player base to dwindle.

Shadow Fall was a step back, but I still have hope KZ makes a comeback.

I agree with all of this.

I also loved Resistance 2 & 3

There's nothing Sony can release, imo, that will combat Halo. Although not as popular as it once was, Halo is still Halo and will do numbers regardless. Sony just needs to focus on getting Forbidden West out.

Horizon Zero Dawn sold over 10 million as of 2019. 2 years ago. PC release did 700K first month.
Halo 5 estimates put it at 10 million since they updated the total franchise numbers total to 81 milion couple months ago.

So I wouldn't underestimate Horizon. It's probably sold more than Halo 5 and any other Halo for that matter since the highest sold was Halo 3 at 11 million.

Halo is not the juggernaught it once was. Halo 5 reception wasn't the best and the whole Craig thing for Halo Infinite last year didn't help.
I feel like the major competition will be from COD and battle royale games since they take most of the mindshare now.

That being said though, It's on Gamepass and multiplayer is free even without Gamepass. It's the first Halo since 2015 and it's open world.

It doesn't need to light the sales charts on fire. It just needs good reviews then they can rake the money in from mtx and Gamepass subs.

Looking at the trailer for it though. I can't say it wowed me like Battlefield 2042 did or even some older titles but I'm not a FPS guy so I guess the details will be in the gameplay?

I terms of shooters - Sony just doesn't have any.

That’s where majority of the mp market is. It’d be nice if Sony had a legit FPS but with all the 3rd party ones available to PS users, I can see why they may not be in a rush.

They're working on it at least and they will own the IP but this ain't coming out till like 2024 probably.
As saturated as FPS are, I would like to see one with that Sony Blockbuster trademark.

maybe I’ll open the Walmart box my Xbox came in after getting it over a month ago 😂

Back
Top Bottom