The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1645735671378.png

Surprised that the PS5 version is running better but looks like the best way to play the game right is the PS4 Pro version on PS5 to hit that 60fps.

Question: Should a game be penalised for performance issues? With a 97 Metacritic score, it's obvious that performance is not a factor in the score.
Personally I think fluctuating framerate shouldn't affect the score and only major glitches and bugs like in CyberPunk but what do you guys think?

It's always been a weakness for From Software games even though their engine is getting better and this is their first open world game.

Great question. Unfortunately I don’t think you can.

I was being facetious because of Nintendo fans trashing on Horizon Zero Dawn when it came out because you couldn't climb anything and apparently every open world game going forwards needed free climbing.

Personally I think that frame drops should be apart of the review/score process. It could give the impression that it’s ok to release game in any state. Too many people are ok with “X game is broken now but it’s cool cause they’ll just patch it later”. That’s unacceptable, imo.

Personally I think that frame drops should be apart of the review/score process. It could give the impression that it’s ok to release game in any state. Too many people are ok with “X game is broken now but it’s cool cause they’ll just patch it later”. That’s unacceptable, imo.

Yea, and the worst part is the big games get away with it.
Cyberpunk on PC got away with it while Days Gone got slaughtered so you're right, all games should be penalised for it to prevent bias.

D Double D Double

I know I was being a smart a** :lol:

Ricky D Ricky D

And eh, yeah and no? For at least some of these games they are on time since there is a day one patch it is just that reviewers usually don’t have the ‘finished’ version.

But in terms of broken games? Yeah it is unacceptable

D Double D Double

I know I was being a smart a** :lol:

Ricky D Ricky D

And eh, yeah and no? For at least some of these games they are on time since there is a day one patch it is just that reviewers usually don’t have the ‘finished’ version.

But in terms of broken games? Yeah it is unacceptable
This is gonna sound bad but maybe you shouldn’t send your game out for a review unless it’s already patched. Day 1 patches themselves are a joke, especially when they’re like 30GBs :lol:

1645735671378.png

Surprised that the PS5 version is running better but looks like the best way to play the game right is the PS4 Pro version on PS5 to hit that 60fps.

Question: Should a game be penalised for performance issues? With a 97 Metacritic score, it's obvious that performance is not a factor in the score.
Personally I think fluctuating framerate shouldn't affect the score and only major glitches and bugs like in CyberPunk but what do you guys think?

It's always been a weakness for From Software games even though their engine is getting better and this is their first open world game.

I was being facetious because of Nintendo fans trashing on Horizon Zero Dawn when it came out because you couldn't climb anything and apparently every open world game going forwards needed free climbing.
Playing on series x with vrr and frame rate has been steady. Plus the x version is brighter than the ps5 version

^any recommendation for casual gamers? 3 hours isn’t much but does it look like “ If u can’t handle demon souls don’t bother” or is it less punishing since you can escape and maybe level up fighting randos?

^any recommendation for casual gamers? 3 hours isn’t much but does it look like “ If u can’t handle demon souls don’t bother” or is it less punishing since you can escape and maybe level up fighting randos?
You can level up but It’s definitely still a fromsoftware game And you will die many many times :lol:

The only real advice is to boot up the game and stick with it.

Getting waxed and not having a clue what is going on story wise is what makes these games great. The immersion is were the reward comes from.

Back
Top Bottom