The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ended up buying CP2077
since it's half off in the store.

Game is so dope
Won't be able to dive in to until tomorrow night though.

Got the PS4 version with a free steel book case from Best Buy last year for $9

cbp.jpg

Finally cracked it open when the PS5 free upgrade came out. Still haven't played it though :lol:

"God of War Ragnarok---the elephant in the room---yeah. We haven't said a lot about this, that's because everybody is heads down and hard at work. We are perfectionists. Everyone is tightening up the graphics on level three. There is so much going on right now that I just wish that I can share it with you, but it's just not ready to be shown. But I guarantee you, the moment, the very second that we have something that we're ready to share, we're going to share it. Because we don't want to hold any of this back. So please hold tight, know that something cool is coming, and that we---everybody here at Santa Monica---are so incredibly thankful for all the support that you've given us.

Just beat Malenia solo in ng+ after jumping her with a mimic on NG :lol:

Died way too much on her second phase trying to copy what I saw yt cats do. When I finally stopped that and just did my own thing it didn’t take many tries after.

Isshin is still the 🐐 hard from boss for me. Malenia didn’t come close in terms of enjoyment and satisfaction upon winning. Thought her moveset basically forced me into a fairly unenjoyable playstyle.

Last edited:
For those still grinding Tokyo Expressway, this guy's done a few different setups worth trying.

Had to delete GT7 for the time being. I cannot find a way to correct the crashing. I did everything short of reformatting my PS5. I have read many accounts of the same issues so I will fire it back up once Polyphony deals with these issues in several years.

I’ve found time and time again that the nostalgia for maybe 90% of retro games wears off pretty quickly, and paying for them really isn’t worth it other than I guess collecting carts or hardware if collecting is your thing.

I’ve found time and time again that the nostalgia for maybe 90% of retro games wears off pretty quickly, and paying for them really isn’t worth it other than I guess collecting carts or hardware if collecting is your thing.

Total opposite for me. SNES games especially have aged incredibly. I play Super Mario World damn near every month.

Sonic 2 pretty regularly too

Total opposite for me. SNES games especially have aged incredibly. I play Super Mario World damn near every month.

Sonic 2 pretty regularly too

I agree they’ve aged well from that gen, more than say the ps1/N64 early 3D one. And I do enjoy retro games. Have in recent years revisited DKC/SMW. Used to play a bunch of beat ‘em ups with my nephews and still occasionally play fighting games when I get together with family. Some recent ones we played were Campcom vs SNK 2, powerstone 2, and DOA 2 on DC. Also had a blast with SF 30th anniversary.

But that said I don’t find a lot of value in buying these old games again on console for myself.

I agree they’ve aged well from that gen, more than say the ps1/N64 early 3D one. And I do enjoy retro games. Have in recent years revisited DKC/SMW. Used to play a bunch of beat ‘em ups with my nephews and still occasionally play fighting games when I get together with family. Some recent ones we played were Campcom vs SNK 2, powerstone 2, and DOA 2 on DC. Also had a blast with SF 30th anniversary.

But that said I don’t find a lot of value in buying these old games again on console for myself.

There definitely are some baaaad ps1/n64 era games. A lot of n64 graphics give me a headache

After my NG+ run I’ve come around on Elden Ring a good bit.

Def had more fun in NG+, knowing where to go/not to and which bosses to ignore. Not being underleveled in areas, understanding the game and its boss mechanics. Not feeling pressured to complete it and being ok with dying over and over. And getting summoned into other people’s games to relive bosses.

The game is epic and grand. There’s a **** ton of variety in weapons and builds to experiment with. The great youtube content around it also adds to the experience.

I initially said I couldn’t recommend this game outside of from fans who’d already have purchased it. But I’m going to amend it and recommend the game to anyone who sees this as something they’d really get invested in. It’s not worth the investment and learning curve trying to play it casually though.

Final thoughts: I think if it came down to pure boss fights and boss variety, I’d give it like a 7/10. But the designs of the bosses as characters and lore around them, the arenas they’re set in are 10/10. And the world itself is also a 10/10. Imo game is a 9/10 and an achievement worthy of being the game that crossed From over into the conscience of the masses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom