The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I really wanna upgrade to a DD wheel... but it's so damn expensive! 😞

It is getting better as time goes on... For instance, the MOZA R5 bundle is $50 cheaper than what I paid for the original TG-T bundle while on sale. DD options such as this were unheard of just over a year ago...

thanks for your input. I'm still on the fence though because of the price. other than that, I would still consider it if it falls to an acceptable cost. I would have preferred the T300 if only I wasn't bothered by the failure rate due to overheating. right now, I have to make do with a smaller steering wheel and paddle shifters. those alone already affect the immersion experience, then add the lack of shift box. the pedals could be better but the midrange ones are not that bad so far.

Fanatec ecosystem would have been nice but their prices are just outrageous. so no thanks. seen another 3rd party company called SSH and so far, their product in terms of pricing and quality seems to be in between that of a TM and Fanatec. quite good and reasonable imo. hoping there would be a few more options to combat Fanatec's highend market.

NP.

Fanatec prices are really not that bad when you look at the overall market. It's more expensive to go direct drive with both Logitech and Thrustmaster offerings at this point... Also, in terms of overall value, I went with the Fanatec GT DD Pro because it will work natively with all platforms. When Forza 8 finally releases, all I have to do is move a USB cable. If I ever decide it's time to try out iRacing, again, just move a USB cable - no fuss or more spending req'd. Fanatec actually included a free 3-month subscription on my last order, so I might give it a whirl soon - a VR comparison with GT7 sounds fun.

Man, I think I need to save up for a PSVR lol. Driving the Tomahawk in GT7 probably will have me like:
black-kid-seizure-seizure-kid.gif

But then I'm washed, so a minute in I'll really be:
baby-yoda.gif

Not that it needed my stamp of approval but finally finished the main campaign of TW3 and the game is a masterpiece. Feels like it’d be impossible to make in 2023 and beyond with how many layers there are to the storytelling, characters, and world.

Sure not every part of it is an 11 outta 10 in fun factor, but for every dull moment or for every mechanic that takes time to understand and invest in there is so much payoff and reward with the epic tale you experience. It transcends gaming for me as an all-time great piece of modern media and often plays out as more of an interactive immersive story.

Next gen updates were well worth the wait. By now everyone knows the hype, but I’d recommend the game for newcomers looking for a mid-to-high effort high reward game but also are in a mood for a game/multi-season of a critically acclaimed tv show hybrid where a lot of times you’ll be sitting and watching great voice acting/animation and immersive dialogue choices play out. If on the other hand you’re looking for something to just pick up and play then wait until the right time for this.

Looking forward to jumping straight into the dlc.

Last edited:
Good lord looking at possible endings and how you get them I was one “wrong” choice away from getting Ciri killed. I almost mindlessly picked you don’t have to be good at everything instead of the snowball fight. Woulda been randomly kicking myself years later if after 80 hours of gameplay I got her offed because that :lol: :smh:

Not that it needed my stamp of approval but finally finished the main campaign of TW3 and the game is a masterpiece. Feels like it’d be impossible to make in 2023 and beyond with how many layers there are to the storytelling, characters, and world.

Sure not every part of it is an 11 outta 10 in fun factor, but for every dull moment or for every mechanic that takes time to understand and invest in there is so much payoff and reward with the epic tale you experience. It transcends gaming for me as an all-time great piece of modern media and often plays out as more of an interactive immersive story.

Next gen updates were well worth the wait. By now everyone knows the hype, but I’d recommend the game for newcomers looking for a mid-to-high effort high reward game but also are in a mood for a game/multi-season of a critically acclaimed tv show hybrid where a lot of times you’ll be sitting and watching great voice acting/animation and immersive dialogue choices play out. If on the other hand you’re looking for something to just pick up and play then wait until the right time for this.

Looking forward to jumping straight into the dlc.
Thanks for reminding me that I need to start playing this.

It is getting better as time goes on... For instance, the MOZA R5 bundle is $50 cheaper than what I paid for the original TG-T bundle while on sale. DD options such as this were unheard of just over a year ago...

NP.

Fanatec prices are really not that bad when you look at the overall market. It's more expensive to go direct drive with both Logitech and Thrustmaster offerings at this point... Also, in terms of overall value, I went with the Fanatec GT DD Pro because it will work natively with all platforms. When Forza 8 finally releases, all I have to do is move a USB cable. If I ever decide it's time to try out iRacing, again, just move a USB cable - no fuss or more spending req'd. Fanatec actually included a free 3-month subscription on my last order, so I might give it a whirl soon - a VR comparison with GT7 sounds fun.
I'll just keep waiting for now. hopefully, they would even go on sale then that would have been fantastic. used market is flooded with wheelbases but no shiftboxes.

There's something off about the way RE 4 looks to me.

Last edited:
So I just Got a PS5 a few months back. I’m not done with TLOU2 yet but cause the show is so popular I’m finding out people didn’t like this game?

Finished the youtube walkthrough. Controversial opinion but I thought Callisto Protocol was better. Even though they are pretty much the same story 😂

Mans asked if anyone played it and you give him your opinion based off watching on youtube... also Dead Space came first... so if its the same story, how is it better. You cant really say its more fun either because you didnt even play it.

I just went ahead and beat Crisis Core. That ending 😢
That was sad. I don’t know how it affects Remake and Rebirth. I wasn’t aware that Zack is killed as this was my first time playing CC. I hope he’s apart of Rebirth but then I would hate to see his face when Aerith is killed. Or maybe he prevents her death 🤔

Mans asked if anyone played it and you give him your opinion based off watching on youtube... also Dead Space came first... so if its the same story, how is it better. You cant really say its more fun either because you didnt even play it.
At my age watching the walkthrough is as good as playing the game 😂. I actually played the OG deadspace so i opted to just watch instead of playing the remake. Overall the combat is better in Dead Space, but the atmosphere/horror feels better in Callisto imo.

So I just Got a PS5 a few months back. I’m not done with TLOU2 yet but cause the show is so popular I’m finding out people didn’t like this game?

There were some people who didn't like certain plot points regarding the game and were very vocal about it on social media to the point of attacking the characters voice actors.

People don't like every game.

A very small and very vocal minority don't like Part II.
I would say it's because of the level of expectation from the original. the first TLOU was amazing so any small thing that the 2nd missed would be scrutinized. that is the problem with most sequels to a great game. Resident Evil though just got better after the first one. it was a good game to start with some flaws. part 2 worked on those flaws, made it better and the story and the introduction of cool characters. Part 2 pretty much became the original as Leon became the face of the franchise.

Yeah, people didn't like the story. But for many in here, the story was good and I still enjoyed the game for what it was.

I just went ahead and beat Crisis Core. That ending 😢
That was sad. I don’t know how it affects Remake and Rebirth. I wasn’t aware that Zack is killed as this was my first time playing CC. I hope he’s apart of Rebirth but then I would hate to see his face when Aerith is killed. Or maybe he prevents her death 🤔
Agreed man. Zack and Angeal became my fav protagonists of FFVII after CC. Some theories believe Zack entering the church is a scene in Rebirth and it’s a portrayal of the afterlife/lifestream. We shall see.

I don't have any intention or desire to play TLOU but at this point I think I'm going to just watch all of the story cut scenes on youtube to ser what all the uproar was about.

I already know the gist of it but it'll make more sense when I at least see the build up to it all.

Back
Top Bottom