The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stupid question here: digging into backlog and finally gonna play the Witcher 3. Is there any nostalgic value or otherwise to play the PS4 version first? Or should I just go straight PS5 upgrade.

Witcher is a 100+ hour game with dlcs. Not sure why you’d play an inferior version first before then sinking another hundred hours into the better one. Play the upgraded PS5 version only.

Be ready for lots of cutscenes, time in menus, horseback that takes a lot of getting used to, some important but not intuitive mechanics, and not the most cutting edge combat. But stick with it it, and you’ll experience a true RPG masterpiece. World and writing are as rich as they come. Dialogue options are great and often times meaningful. And I find the combat and enemies fun enough.

Just finished replaying GoW 2018. First time around it was on a 50” 1080p on a base ps4, obviously 30 fps, and using tv audio.

It was an incredible re-experience at 4k/60 with HDR on a 65” with a 5.1 surround sound. Surprisingly didn’t remember the plot so it was even more key before I finally play Ragnarok.

Witcher is a 100+ hour game with dlcs. Not sure why you’d play an inferior version first before then sinking another hundred hours into the better one. Play the upgraded PS5 version only.

Be ready for lots of cutscenes, time in menus, horseback that takes a lot of getting used to, some important but not intuitive mechanics, and not the most cutting edge combat. But stick with it it, and you’ll experience a true RPG masterpiece. World and writing are as rich as they come. Dialogue options are great and often times meaningful. And I find the combat and enemies fun enough.

Thanks. That’s what I figured. Just wanted someone to say stop they changed something. Started game on hardest difficulty. Got smacked around in training. Coming off FFXV so gonna have to get my mind in a diff control set.

image.jpg

Going to set this up over the weekend

Thanks. That’s what I figured. Just wanted someone to say stop they changed something. Started game on hardest difficulty. Got smacked around in training. Coming off FFXV so gonna have to get my mind in a diff control set.

Just an fyi on the hardest and I believe second hardest difficulties you can’t use the meditate feature to fully replenish HP. Whereas on easier difficulties you can. Good luck though I’ve heard that difficulty is really tough.

I'm debating if I should get the PSVR2 or Oculus.

I wouldn't bother with the Oculus Quest 2 but the Quest 3 is rumored to be coming out this year.

1676641690200.png

Quest Pro came out recently and is more of an enterprise device so Quest 3 should slot in between it and Quest 2 but I would expect some of the specs to take a hit compared to the Quest pro if they want to match the 399 price of the Quest 2.

PS VR2 is very similar to Quest Pro in terms of specs, better in some aspects like the screen, FOV and refresh rate and costs almost a third less.

Quests are all wireless though and standalone so no reliance on a console but eye tracking kills the battery life on the Quest Pro and there' no guarantee it will be on the Quest 3. The on board chip won't run games as well as the PS5 either but you can plug it into a PC for more demanding games.

If you have a PS5 then I think PS VR2 is the easy choice. If you don't then by the time the Quest 3 comes out, it will be easy to compare the 2. Quest 2 doesn't have eye tracking and I think going forwards most games will start to use it so its best to future proof.

I wish they’d release some of the media capabilities / outside gaming info on the vr. That’s a very big deciding factor if I cop or not

Yeah, should be soon, Sony sent out the reminders for payment method confirmation a few days ago.

In the meantime, more goodies arrived today.

mclaren gt3.jpg
Geeeze! I need to step my accessories game up now lol.
Got shipping notification today so should have in the next few days. Hopefully before the 22nd!
66D0138A-3D53-4221-8BB5-33DE17137F24.gif

Why is yours more?! State taxes?
0882F82E-EA5D-473F-BF3E-0322DC6E7A53.jpeg

Went for the Horizon bundle.

I wanted to make sure there was something besides GT7 (with a grade A experience) for me to try out on launch day with the new controllers… or else I would have just gone straight to GT7 for far too long w/ out trying anything else…

I received shipping as well.

C7A61EF4-64F2-4FE3-8BCB-9698DEFBE703.png

Back
Top Bottom